Pre-Game Storm v Manly [Finals 1, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

40 12
Sunshine Coast Stadium
10 Sep 2021 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Croker is a loss but I see Lawton as a huge bonus and might suit our style of play a bit more. He will take that little run from dummy half which Croker is hesitant of. This could work in our favour.
We know he can defend we've seen it this year. The extra work will do him good.
Plus this could really unsettle Bellamy's plans. A bit of unknown for this season.
Manly 30 - scum 8

Wow. Never thought I'd say this but Croker will be a big miss. His defence has been absolutely amazing. He doesn't offer much in attack so I think Lawton will have him covered there. But not sure Lawton can make 50 tackles and play 80 minutes.

Interesting to see regardless. Hopefully he's back in two weeks for the semi ;)

That's a shame Croker is out. Maybe Des thinks the Storm aren't all that good if he's resting an important player with a ...kinda minor injury (ok...that's sorta a joke).

At least with 2 bites at the ole cherry he can rest a player if he needs a week off and Lawton isn't bad, he'll certainly have to tackle and tackle some more.

Siro? I'm not sure what his role will be unless Des thinks the storm will eventually be weak up the middle allowing 'cut back in Curtis' to find some holes.

Important game so I wish them all the best.

I called for the Frog to be rested weeks ago. He has played every game, most of them for 80 min and does the most defensive work, game after game, after game.
Lawton has been playing 10 minutes a game for more than a month because Walker is in the 17.
Lawton should have started at 9 against the dogs and Cows to give Frog a much deserved rest heading into the IMPORTANT games, He is our backup 9 FFS...why hasn't he been given a lot of game time there?

This is a F up by Des and Co IMHO and I bet they realise that now.

Here we go folks, 2019 feels like it happened ages ago so it really feels like we’ve been starved of Finals. This is our biggest game since the 2013 GF. We’ve come in relatively full strength, on the back of a historic season revival, against our biggest foes.

So much history and rivalry in this. We know how important this game is in context of our journey to a decade-awaited premiership. This is our time. We must win this game. It’s been a hell of a journey but the real part only starts now. So many loved ones to make proud, Brenda, Keith, Bozo. QLD manly fans embrace the live finals atmosphere and as for us non-QLD manly fans, let’s cheer loud and proud at home. Time to put the comp on real notice.

LETS FKN GO MANLY!!!!!!

🦅

They’ve probably done their most intense ever video session on Tom. It’s a huge chance for our other game breakers to step up and have some huge performances. We have the most dynamic and strike second-row partnership. Schu and Ola have to go apes*** because they are players that can honestly create something out of nothing. Same with Chez, Foz, and Walker off the bench.

I also hope Suli is a last-minute inclusion, can do the same job Siro needs to do but 10 times better, and imagine having the XFactor of him and Walker coming off that bench. We have so many stars in our team, that by the public eye have been underappreciated, so with a huge target on Tom’s back tonight even though he will still have an impactful game, we really need them other stars to step up as well.

Well we get to see what the Lawton recruitment was all about. Could be the buy of the year.
Already has proven to be ONE of the buys of the year, especially when you consider that the Warriors are paying for the bulk of his contract this year.

Yeah, right before a semi. Stupid Des should have got on the blower and called in the news to Bellamy. Fair dinkum - the entitlement of some fans is beyond bewildering.
It’s got nothing to do with Bellamy.Do you really think Bellamy gives a rats who is in the Manly team?Croker has been great this year but he’s hardly going to cause Bellamy a headache whether he’s in or not.And as it turns out,I should have waited 30 minutes because the club released a statement revealing to all,Bellamy included,what the issue was with Croker

Croker not playing does complicate things.

Lawton will do a good job at 9 as that is his normal position.

My guess is Manly will rotate things during the game. maybe see DCE do some work at 9, Foran go to 7 and Schuster coming in at 6 with Sirro coming off the bench to the back row.

This can be managed and a lot depends on how many minutes Lawton can play.

I believe we have this covered and its better to have fit guys out there against this mob.

Obviously prefer to have the frog there for his amazing "D".

But aren't we so fortunate to have a really good player like Lawton to fill the position. Some on here are acting like we have a makeshift inexperienced backup. Let's be grateful we have the right man to step in here, rather than some backup half trying to do the job.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8