Pre-Game Storm v Manly [Round 12, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

28 8
AAMI Park
26 May 2022 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would rather see us try and blood Weekes at fullback and Tuipulotu in the centres. Give them a shot, we've got nothing to lose the season is fuked anyway. Look to the future surely. Jorge , come on , seriously Des !!!
What about Jorge and Olam head to head, f... yeah !!

I'm not a coach but I would of preferred to see Weekes at the back and kept Reuben on the wing who has been very goods this year. Yes, full back is a pretty touch position to step into, especially in regards to defence but Jorge was a has been years ago and he was terrible the last time he played for us, surely we need to be looking towards the future?
The reason Garrick should play FB....he takes all the worries/anxiety out of taking bombs.

Another scenario is that Des's game plans incude Walker playing big minutes as 14. This week, there would have been other options for 14 such as Weekes or Segeyaro, but they would likely have much shorter stints on the field.
Walker went really well and played longer minutes also.

Really weren "t a lot of options with a back line adjustment and with looks like Saab maybe still not ready to go yet . Probably came down to either switching Walker to centre , giving Weekes a go at full back or Jorge . Walker mid field role is still going well , Weekes opportunity probably not that far off and Jorge obviously not an unknown quantity . Manly forwards should be able to stand up and with the Schuster factor a bonus , still some good ability amongst the backs and the team definitely gelled better last outing . Storm a bit out of sorts but naturally can play better , Manly always competitive if they play with some reasonable discipline and direction and everyone puts in . Storm no doubt favored with most pundits but if Manly can show the same fighting spirit as the other night and with their season really on the line now could be in with some sort of a show .

Hughes likely IN,Harry Grant in doubt after Storms captains run today.DCE didn’t really rubber stamp Jorge’s position in his press conference today

Hughes likely IN,Harry Grant in doubt after Storms captains run today.DCE didn’t really rubber stamp Jorge’s position in his press conference today
Having Grant out is a bigger threat in my mind, all of a sudden it's looking brighter for us.

I know I know, want to beat teams at their best etc, but for me, I just want the 2 points this week
Regardless, we're definite underdogs for this game with seven players unavailable - Turbo, Burbo, Parker, Taupau, Paseka, Lawton & Saab (?)

From what Des says, it appears Jorge will definitely play (?). If so, he will be one of five selected for tomorrow who played in our last win over the Storm in 2019. The others are Garrick, Walker, DCE & Jake. I am currently rewatching that game - Marty was a vastly different player then & I'd forgotten that Boyle featured in the win. We were the top offloading team in the comp at that time - now we are probably ranking somewhere the bottom.

Edit: so good to watch a game minus six agains :)

Cummins handling of the game or should I say non handling of the game could really galvanize the team on Thursday night. Ailoi has really stepped up to the plate challenging the boys to do better individually in a presser. And now taking aim at the deplorable Cummins, one thing about Josh he backs his words up with quality.
Lol did you see when I think Nathan Brown had a go at Josh during a scrum….Josh’s reaction was gold…..thought he was gonna deck him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10