Pre-Game Storm v Manly [Round 12, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

28 8
AAMI Park
26 May 2022 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Tommy to make Saab look sexy Bozo....sorry, it's a no from me.
We need to focus and make the best of what we have feathered friend

The Speedy Koula , Garrick and Tuipulotu can all tiptoe through the tulips and through the Storm defence

Storm has Nikorima on the reserves I'd say as cover for Hughes. Bellamy probably doesn't want to make public that Hughes won't play because it will only give added confidence to Manly.
Their winger Iremeia had a shocker last week, the centre Seve also struggled in defence.

Xavier is an incredible athlete and a dynamic speed freak and is exciting in the clear
I just hope Jorge can intimidate him and kick his rear

Yeah good luck with that. Not only is Xavier super fast but he is also tall and built like a unit. I wanted Xavier Coates at Manly cause he could be the best winger in the game for years to come

I'm liking the balance of our bench this week. The usual game plan just has that bit more zing. Big men up front early. 20 min mark create that width via an extra ball player via Walks.

But now do we up that that threat again via adding the Shoe. That's when we want as much speed up the middle hopefully the Bull.

I know Jake always stays on at Prop and just defends, and I want to explore that.

Cause gee we have conceded some points just before half time this year. Could Jake use a rest right on 30 min mark, attack wise, speed up the middle is at its prime, attack via fresh legs is the best form of defence, but DES can we just put some faith in fresh legs defending that crucial 10 either side of the half.

I'd love nothing more than to see a refreshed Jake back on with some extra zing.

Yeah good luck with that. Not only is Xavier super fast but he is also tall and built like a unit. I wanted Xavier Coates at Manly cause he could be the best winger in the game for years to come
All players have their natural attributes and Strengths and Xavier has plenty of them but I have not seen him hit as hard in defence as our jorgey boy .

I am looking at our advantages over our opposition players and how we can get over the top of them .

I am hoping a big Jorge hit can rattle Xaviers confidence or bring in the doctor on the field to rule him out with a HIA

1653380887320.png

Last edited:
All players have their natural attributes and Strengths and Xavier has plenty of them but I have not seen him hit as hard in defence as our jorgey boy .

I am looking at our advantages over our opposition players and how we can get over the top of them .

I am hoping a big Jorge hit can rattle Xaviers confidence or bring in the doctor on the field to rule him out with a HIA

View attachment 21169
Welcome back Bozo!

Storm are off 2 games losing 30-something to peanuts, if they lose again this week they are officially a club in crisis from our balanced (lol) NRL media. They don't want to deal with that, guaranteed.

They will be out for blood. At home. shivers

They scored 44/50/70 the 3 games before those 2 losses, and players returning. We just lost Turbo for the season, and brought back...Jorge. Love him though, until Hughes bombs on the 4th for Coates on the wing and Jorge is like a Christmas elf playing basketball.

I'm kinda scared actually. Hopefully Jorge can just snap Munster again and even if its 6-74, at least we'll have that highlight moment to endure the ages.

I mean - who remembers the score in that game where Jorge bent Munster in half? I don't. I just remember that highlights session of Finchy, coking out of his mind, giving the 'best-of' NRL reactions to Jorge's solid, authentic, massive hits.

Enjoy for the lols.

Welcome back Bozo!

Storm are off 2 games losing 30-something to peanuts, if they lose again this week they are officially a club in crisis from our balanced (lol) NRL media. They don't want to deal with that, guaranteed.

They will be out for blood. At home. shivers

They scored 44/50/70 the 3 games before those 2 losses, and players returning. We just lost Turbo for the season, and brought back...Jorge. Love him though, until Hughes bombs on the 4th for Coates on the wing and Jorge is like a Christmas elf playing basketball.

I'm kinda scared actually. Hopefully Jorge can just snap Munster again and even if its 6-74, at least we'll have that highlight moment to endure the ages.

I mean - who remembers the score in that game where Jorge bent Munster in half? I don't. I just remember that highlights session of Finchy, coking out of his mind, giving the 'best-of' NRL reactions to Jorge's solid, authentic, massive hits.

Enjoy for the lols.
Hello feathered friend , Good to hear from you

I agree that the Storm will come out firing wanting blood

But I can assure you they wont be firing at sitting ducks

Our Pumped up Sea eagles will be up for the challenge

One thing you forgot to mention about Xmas elfs is that they are full of spirit and are very capable of producing miracle wins

Quad injury, says the club site. At the presser Des said just cramp but I'm not surprised that wasn't quite true.
I have no information but could we be getting ready to ship Marty out early ?

If he is on big money this could be a good move going forward.

Just a thought.

Foz’s 250th‘s not getting much of a run, should be an extra reason to dig in, good luck old boy, I hope the lads have a real crack for you and we bring home the chocolates.
I've just seen Foz's interview by the journos in which they question him on his playing career, he talks about his highs and lows and he said how special it is to be playing his 250th with Manly.

The Sea Eagles website also has great interviews with DCE and Josh Aloiai. The 3 interviews today are all deep and meaningful and not the 1-2 min standard ones. Highly recommend them, they're worth watching!

I've just seen Foz's interview by the journos in which they question him on his playing career, he talks about his highs and lows and he said how special it is to be playing his 250th with Manly.

The Sea Eagles website also has great interviews with DCE and Josh Aloiai. The 3 interviews today are all deep and meaningful and not the 1-2 min standard ones. Highly recommend them, they're worth watching!
Cheers, I’ll go and have a watch.

I'm liking the balance of our bench this week. The usual game plan just has that bit more zing. Big men up front early. 20 min mark create that width via an extra ball player via Walks.

But now do we up that that threat again via adding the Shoe. That's when we want as much speed up the middle hopefully the Bull.

I know Jake always stays on at Prop and just defends, and I want to explore that.

Cause gee we have conceded some points just before half time this year. Could Jake use a rest right on 30 min mark, attack wise, speed up the middle is at its prime, attack via fresh legs is the best form of defence, but DES can we just put some faith in fresh legs defending that crucial 10 either side of the half.

I'd love nothing more than to see a refreshed Jake back on with some extra zing.
Jakes been needing a spell in games for about 3yrs.

I reckon Saab will play over Jorge. Need a bit of pace on the edge. If Saabs fit Des should play him. If not rip in Jorge!

If Taufua and Harper are really going to be running out onto AAMI park and defending together on that side, have Xavier Coates for 8 tries.

Saab offers nothing in yardage like Taufua does and is not defensively in tune like Taufua but still is a 10x better option so I'm hoping he is good to go. My dream changes to this current side would be Tolu FB, and then Garrick Walker Tui Koula. Schuster moves up as our 14 and KDL or Tuitavake takes that vacant bench spot.

Idk why we would play two defensive liabilities on the same side against a team known for exposing weaknesses. I just pray for a miracle on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10