Post-Game Discussion Storm v Manly [Round 12, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Storm
Vs
Sea Eagles
28 AAMI Park
26 May 2022 19:50
80th minute

Match Stats

Was so glad we got to the end of the game with our captain's challenge still in hand. It was the only contest we won all night.

But seriously, the one question I keep asking myself (besides, "Why do I keep watching this ****?"), is why do our players bother taking hit-ups, making tackles and working hard to get into the game if some dickhead (and it's a rotating cast of dickheads week by week) in our team is just going to give the ball back to the opposing side at the least opportune time? It is so deflating to watch as a fan, and I can only imagine how the players must feel as they keep on experiencing the familiar horror of deja vu all over again.

We deserved to win last week (probably the first time all year I can confidently say that) and of course we didn't. This week, we were never in the contest. We are so dumb, so poorly drilled and so bereft of ideas and options it's embarrassing.

And if anybody was ever in doubt that the problem with our left-side defence is Cherry and his baffling inability to pick a defensive option (preferably the same one the rest of the team has picked) and stick with it, please watch this game again.

Good summation Ron. We are dumb and poorly drilled. That’s on the players and more so, the whole coaching staff.

Looking at next week, I'm actually excited to see how to team goes with foz at 7 & schu at 6... still not a bad team on paper:

Yart:

1. Garrick
2. Saab
3. Koula
4. Harper
5. Tuipolotu
6. Schuster
7. Foran
8. Sipley
9. Crocker
10. Aloai
11. Olokautu
12. Davey
13. Walker
14. Lawton
15. Keppie
16. Bullemore
17. Tbc

A lot of people being critical of Schuster. He’s being forced to play in a weird role by a coach who has know idea what he’s doing. Yes he’s unfit at the moment but he’s coming off an injury and still looks more dangerous than 95% of the rest of the team. Keeping a soon-to-be 32 year old Foran over him would be a death spell for us.

The real issue in our spine is the other half but no one seems to want to go there.
Good points mate but geez his no look passes every time are getting old

The same **** as every game this season. uncoached, unstructured. No leadership except
For forans tenacity.

So much arm grabbing, so little intent, bo desire, zero commitment. No discernible tactics or gameplan.

And a big dollop of dumb right on top.

There is not a single
Element of our gameplay that is admirable or enjoyable. The phrase making up the numbers is about where this team is at.

Cherry is a real problems and people who don’t see it are not watching.

That was a hard watch !
We lost the penalty count 7-5
and the six agains were even 3-3, but it looked like Melbourne had all the ball because whenever we got it we gave it back to them !
We looked an absolute shambles -
*no leadership or direction (DCE had one of his worst games ever)
*no game plan (Des what are you getting paid for ?)
*pathetic selection and replacement of players (Des what are you getting paid for ?)
*players playing out of position (Des what are you getting paid for ?
*no passion (Des that is your job to get them ready to play 100% for you , but they don’t - what are you getting paid for)
*I could go on and on but you know where I am going.
Des, you have been a great player and coach for our Club (and I thank you for that ) , but sadly the game has changed and passed you and you no longer have the capacity to take us where we need to be going forward.
The players also need to take responsibility, but the rest of the year needs to be used to blood players coming through , and you obviously don’t believe in that , so I suggest you resign with pride for what you have achieved in the past, and allow the Club to start our rebuild sooner than later with a new leader.

Meanwhile over in the game day thread

[/HEADING]
[HEADING=3]Pete W

Don't wanna here the excuse this is the Storm. They've been Mediocre at best
Waiting for @Eagle of London giving his optimistic bs excuses

No excuses for the team today @Pete W but I love your attempt of acting like a cockwomble. Obviously peewee not content with just complaining but wants to have a direct dig.

Bravo

Last edited:
Was so glad we got to the end of the game with our captain's challenge still in hand. It was the only contest we won all night.

But seriously, the one question I keep asking myself (besides, "Why do I keep watching this ****?"), is why do our players bother taking hit-ups, making tackles and working hard to get into the game if some dickhead (and it's a rotating cast of dickheads week by week) in our team is just going to give the ball back to the opposing side at the least opportune time? It is so deflating to watch as a fan, and I can only imagine how the players must feel as they keep on experiencing the familiar horror of deja vu all over again.

We deserved to win last week (probably the first time all year I can confidently say that) and of course we didn't. This week, we were never in the contest. We are so dumb, so poorly drilled and so bereft of ideas and options it's embarrassing.

And if anybody was ever in doubt that the problem with our left-side defence is Cherry and his baffling inability to pick a defensive option (preferably the same one the rest of the team has picked) and stick with it, please watch this game again.
Right side you mean,but I agree with you.DCE’s defence has slowly deteriorated the last few years and unless he’s carrying a shoulder injury of sorts,it’s not going to get any better in the three years he has left.Apart from not reading the play well,he has become reluctant to put his body on the line

Right side you mean,but I agree with you.DCE’s defence has slowly deteriorated the last few years and unless he’s carrying a shoulder injury of sorts,it’s not going to get any better in the three years he has left.Apart from not reading the play well,he has become reluctant to put his body on the line
Yeah, I always think of it from the attacking team's point of view, so to me it's the left side:)

He's always been brave defensively, and a decent one-on-one tackler, but his indecision - jumping out of the line, starting one way then darting the other - just paralyses the defenders outside him. Not sure how you fix it.

I saw potential in the team tonight. Koula defends really well. Despite the score no Manly player threw in the towel. Schuster will be amazing. I thought they mostly played with positive energy tonight but were outclassed by a team who rorts the system professionally. Onto next week.
He did let them score the first try, fell for the dummy

Does anyone think the Fox leaving, Schuster management thing has had a bad affect on the team?
It shouldn’t given they’re supposed to be professionals.It’ll be interesting to see if the events surrounding Haas’ situation affects the Broncos tomorrow.If it is having an affect on Manly,DCE is a worse captain than I thought

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8