"Studs up grub": Slater mega thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yes was in the Brookie hotel watching the game last night and remarked at the time half jokingly that I was surprised Slater wasn't leading with his feet like he usually does when someone scores (referring back to Robbo in 2008 GF and many others)

Then this morning I saw the photos...........:huh:

Considering the awkward ball Hoppa was thrown which killed his forward momentum, Hoppa did an amazing job of accelerating for the line and beating Slater - Will is amazingly quick!

brookiegreg said:
Yes was in the Brookie hotel watching the game last night and remarked at the time half jokingly that I was surprised Slater wasn't leading with his feet like he usually does when someone scores (referring back to Robbo in 2008 GF and many others)

Then this morning I saw the photos...........:huh:

Considering the awkward ball Hoppa was thrown which killed his forward momentum, Hoppa did an amazing job of accelerating for the line and beating Slater - Will is amazingly quick!

I doubt any one else would have scored that try, if they didnt pick Hoppa it would have been 8-6 ( with over 20 to go),Hoppa picked up the teams confidence with that try, i dont think NSW would have won otherwise.
At 8-6 QLD would have won the arm wrestle..

Watched th replay today did anyone else notice that when Hoppa caught the ball (the set of 6 after the penalty on Ennis) he was tackled in the air, I'm sorry buts that a penalty every day of the week

I didn't think there was a problem with Slater's tackle and Hoppa wasn't tackled in the air. Get over yourselves. If you're whinging, then look at Hayne push Yoyee off the ball allowing Lewis to score off Pearce's kick. NSW won, onward to the decider.

There were two possible penalties on the Hoppa catch. First tackled in the air (50/50 call whether he got one foot down), then the second effort to push him back into the in-goal after he was tackled in the field of play. But was happy at the time that the ref just let the play go because he might have called a line drop-out.
NSW twice came close to throwing the game away, first with Ennis' late tackle on Slater, and then when Inglis knocked on after the tap in from Uate.

Fro said:
f**k me we won the game.

stop whinging and enjoy it.

pms has nothing on you dickheads

I`m not complaining about the win Fro, i`m just stating that if it wasn`t for Hoppa NSW might not have be so solid in that mid part of the 2nd half(btwn 55-70min),they got confidence from that try,most players would have been bundled out into touch..
In my eyes any way thats how i saw it.. not being one eyed.. Just took a Manly player to change NSW`s foRtunes
& NOW HE IS INJURED FOR IT ....:argue:

Fro said:
f**k me we won the game.

stop whinging and enjoy it.

pms has nothing on you dickheads

"spelling nazi" hahahaha......punctuation?pull your head in,it's a forum,we'll say what we like!!

I only went for manly through association for NSW
I went for the Kiwis this year and will probably until Sheens f***s off

eagles2win said:
Watched th replay today did anyone else notice that when Hoppa caught the ball (the set of 6 after the penalty on Ennis) he was tackled in the air, I'm sorry buts that a penalty every day of the week

Yea i noticed that too and thought it should had definitely been a penalty,for the mid-air tackle,fair-dinkum the refs are blind sometimes,but how good was that take,especially under a heap of pressure ? Well done Will on a great origin debut,pity about the injury.

chrisos said:
eagles2win said:

Yea i noticed that too and thought it should had definitely been a penalty,for the mid-air tackle,fair-dinkum the refs are blind sometimes,but how good was that take,especially under a heap of pressure ? Well done Will on a great origin debut,pity about the injury.

Yeah I noticed it but it was actually a 50/50 his leg touches the ground pretty much at the same time as the tackle. So technically it is ok.

As for the Slater tackle on Hoppa there was nothing wrong with it at all, not even slightly wrong with it

The Eagle said:

Don't care about Sheens but I'll be going for NZ while the Australian team is dominated by the likes of Slater, Inglis, Smith, Lockyer, Thaiday, etc.

firechild said:
The Eagle said:

Don't care about Sheens but I'll be going for NZ while the Australian team is dominated by the likes of Slater, Inglis, Smith, Lockyer, Thaiday, etc.

My theory has always been if they wear their clubs jersey or a QLD jersey , i will hate them.
But when they put on an Aussie jersey i like them ..

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10