"Studs up grub": Slater mega thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Just wait.... I reckon in the next season or two Slater will kick someone in the face whilst trying to stop them scoring and he will get suspended for ages.

Nutzcraw link said:
You lost beer jatz??

Are you ok??

Yes Nutz..........just!  ;)

Lucky the scotch chaser was on hand to save the day and a Beaver try late in the game to seal the memory erasor.

What a win. What a win. What a win.

Still elated.

THE NRL has branded two feet-first tackles by Melbourne fullback Billy Slater in the Grand Final as dangerous and warned he risks suspension if he continues. NRL referees director Robert Finch warned Slater he needed to be "careful".

"If he should kick the ball out of a player's hands or make contact with a player's head the repercussions could be grave," Finch said.

"It could be a penalty try, an eight-point try, someone could be hurt or a player could be sent off."

Slater incensed many spectators in last Sunday's Grand Final by sliding feet-first at two Manly players trying to ground the ball for tries.

Click here to purchase great photos from the NRL grand final
The two tackles occurred within 10 minutes of each other with Slater sliding towards Manly hooker Matt Ballin in the 23rd minute and then towards left winger Michael Robertson in the 33rd. Yesterday the match review committee pinpointed Slater's tackles - calling the first one "dangerous" and the second "very dangerous".

In both incidents the judiciary said referee Tony Archer could have cautioned Slater.

Finch said kicking the ball from a player's hands was illegal. "They can strip the ball but they can't kick it."

Another example of Melbourne's tactics! Good to see that they have identified it now as I was watching the Grand Final and thought how could it be legal sliding feet 1st into a blokes arm or head? Then I remembered, it was the Melbourne Storm......

exactly

I watched the Robbo one a few times

He does actually kick the ball out of Robbo's hands after he puts it down, he is still in the air when the studs of his boots land on Robbo's arm just above the wrist and slide all the way up to his bicep and chest.

Extremely dangerous, the one on Robbo was malicious it actually looked like he was going for Robbo

Checking back to the Warriors and Storm game, when Witt scored the winning try that other grub, Cam Smith, tried the same thing, trying to kick the ball out of his hands but MW got it down just in time.

It seems to me that the NRL are looking the other way when it comes to scrutinizing Storm players.  Did they feel that the two weeks on C Smith penalized them enough?  and they shouldn't look to closely at others, i.e the other Smith, Slater or is it just their usual weak attitude.  Finch is a real pussy.  Gutless toad, and his non-actions will come back to bite him. 

I think that's why those video ref calls were flat out TRYs, no benefit of the doubts or anything.  I read a post somewhere that Harrigan said it would've been a penalty try if Slater got the ball out and an 8 pointer if someone got hurt (Robbo's try)

the first Robbo one was benefit of the doubt. Apparently on the Fox Sports replay, the commentor says that Harrigan spoke to the ref and it was BOTD. but who knwos with all the shotty commentating around

I have watched Robbo's first try many times and no way was he out. It was close but Robbo had one foot on the tackler's leg and the other close to but not on the line. Would have been a travesty had it been denied.

After the grand final Finch labelled feet-first slide tackles by Slater on Ballin and Robertson as "dangerous " and "very dangerous". He warned Slater that the tackle would result in a penalty try if he knocked the ball out of the hands of the attacker.  Last night - exactly that situation - and the decision - NO TRY.  Slater has been only rewarded for these identified dangerous tackles, and never penalised in any form.  Why would Slater stop?

Do not the international refereeing bodies talk about these dangerous tackles and seek some type of consistency?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/nrl/story/0,27074,24468485-14823,00.html

Slater on notice for sliding tackles

By Ray Chesterton | October 09, 2008 12:00am

THE NRL has branded two feet-first tackles by Melbourne fullback Billy Slater in the Grand Final as dangerous and warned he risks suspension if he continues. NRL referees director Robert Finch warned Slater he needed to be "careful".

"If he should kick the ball out of a player's hands or make contact with a player's head the repercussions could be grave," Finch said.

"It could be a penalty try, an eight-point try, someone could be hurt or a player could be sent off."

Slater incensed many spectators in last Sunday's Grand Final by sliding feet-first at two Manly players trying to ground the ball for tries.
Click here to purchase great photos from the NRL grand final

The two tackles occurred within 10 minutes of each other with Slater sliding towards Manly hooker Matt Ballin in the 23rd minute and then towards left winger Michael Robertson in the 33rd. Yesterday the match review committee pinpointed Slater's tackles - calling the first one "dangerous" and the second "very dangerous".

In both incidents the judiciary said referee Tony Archer could have cautioned Slater.

Finch said kicking the ball from a player's hands was illegal. "They can strip the ball but they can't kick it."

Perhaps they'll take action when someone cops a bootfull in the face.  the commentators referred to an incident with Matthew Ridge last night.  Can anyone remember that?

I think I recall Ridge kicking the ball out of the hands of someone who was about to ground it.  No try.

Yeh I remember Ridges effort, can't remember who it was against though. Basically he happened to be running across just as the player was stretching his arm out to ground the ball over the line, having being tackled just short of the line. Ridge threw out a boot at the right time and it dislodged the ball. Still a bit dangerous but nowhere near as bad as what Slater does.

When will they suspend the grub ..when he breaks someones jaw or ribs ???

Yep he is a scumbag. I was cheering for the Aussies whole heartedly last night, but whenever Slater got smashed I was cheering on the Kiwis.

That should have been a penalty try. I do remember the Ridge incident and may even have it on video somewhere. Nothing like it, but it led to the rules being changed.

Slater is a grade A scumbag and he should not be in the team.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10