"Studs up grub": Slater mega thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Hopefully next year he can suffer the form slump that last years winner had this year (nothing to do with Brent's father dying but just the form slump).

It had to be cameron blair for mom.

slater came up with two mistakes when the pressure was really on; unfortunately the second one was hidden by that idiot ref's penalty. That capped off an entire game of allowing the storm to slow play the balls down.

I don't recall a single penalty for that against the storm. Ok they are very skilled at it with the multiple tacklers peeling off in carefully timed fashion, but fxxk there are 2 refs out there. Neither wants to give a penalty unless they think they have to make a call.

It's like umpires who adopt a 'not out' approch to lbw appeals. They think that a bad no decision will blow over quicker and will be forgotten sooner than a bad 'yes' decision that changes the game conditions more dramatically. At the start of the year the 2 refs were all over the play the ball like a rash.

Pisses me off that the storm still get away with a defensive strategy that is all about time wasting. Other teams try to dominate and intimidate. the storm just work on capturing a player than walking them to the ground as clumsily as possible. it's like watching your side get caught in a pool of tar.

Can't believe you cats are cut Melbourne won. Makes Manly's win last year look even better.

Slater was aight. Clearly the better side.

Crazy call. He wasn't their best player at all. Plently of others deserving it over him, Smith at least, perhaps even some of their forwards.

Good to see the Slime almost get there, and go down.  Also good to see Saint Jarrod cry like a baby...Pity it was against Melbourne.  I thought Archer did his best for Parramatta.  That penalty at the end was unfortunately deserved.  Moi Moi had hold of Slater's leg and the penalty was fair.  Was there really a second ref out there?  Didn't notice one.  Our U20s really should have been there.  Can't really understand how they meekly limped out in the finals.   

No way Slater was best on ground. Hayne, however, was definitely worst on ground. His kicking game was reminiscent of Orford's. What a myth......the world's best player my ar$e. World's biggest choker more like it. Wonder if he'll credit the Hillsong happy happy clap clap stuff  for his woeful performance yesterday. Perhaps Jesus was just testing him ? 

They probably gave it to Slater on the back of his performances against Manly and Brisbane in weeks 1 /3 of the finals. ???

From reading the Telegraph all week I thought god was on Parra's side.  Don't half of their team pray before a game for a win?  Aren't most of them 'born again'?  This game proveed that either god doesn't exist (my preferred option), or that he hates Westies.  I've long thought that that's the problem with Kite.  having found god, the guys gone soft.  

Had a quick look at the stats last night

Tackles made 2
Tackles missed 3
Tries 1
Try Assists 0
Line Breaks 0
Offloads 0
Errors 2
Metres 164 from 14 runs

Best player on the night apparently

DSM5 link said:
From reading the Telegraph all week I thought god was on Parra's side.  Don't half of their team pray before a game for a win?  Aren't most of them 'born again'?  This game proveed that either god doesn't exist (my preferred option), or that he hates Westies.  I've long thought that that's the problem with Kite.  having found god, the guys gone soft. 

I hardly think this sorta talk is necessary.

What a joke. I thought Blair and Cronk were their best. Grothe and Moi Moi had better games than Slater.

Sorry CliffyIG, I hadn't considered you've got a mortgage on the moniker and they were appealing to you

Billy Slater on field bullying. A low act
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1225843490978

SLEDGING in the NRL reached a new low on Saturday night when Melbourne's superstar fullback Billy Slater allegedly taunted Newcastle forward and depression-sufferer Cory Paterson about his mental condition.
The Daily Telegraph has been told Slater - who was last night accused of not acting "in the spirit of the game" by Paterson's manager - sledged the Knight about his mental state when the two players came together during Melbourne's 20-14 win at Energy Australia Stadium.
Paterson was diagnosed with depression last year and missed a number of NRL games due to the illness. He reacted angrily to Slater's taunt, but the pair shook hands at fulltime.
"I'm not going to comment on what Slater said. He knows what he said and if he says it again, he can expect the same reaction," Paterson told The Daily Telegraph yesterday.
"I personally think he over-stepped the mark. We shook hands at fulltime but he didn't say sorry.

"But I didn't expect him to. I guess it was said in the heat of the battle."
Paterson also revealed he was sledged by Slater in a match last year.
"Yeah, he had a go at me last year too but it wasn't as bad," Paterson said. Newcastle teammate Jarrod Mullen heard the taunt but did not want to get involved.
"It's between them," Mullen said.
Paterson's manager Steve Gillis did not want to comment last night, but when pressed said: "It is something that could have been avoided.
"It wasn't necessary and wasn't in the spirit of the game.
"Cory has done incredibly well in recent times and has been playing some great football."
Gillis also refused to reveal exactly what Slater said on the field.
Paterson, a member of the All Star Indigenous side, has returned strongly to the NRL and he is considered a chance of playing in the upcoming City-Country match.
One Newcastle source said: "Billy knows what he said and he shouldn't have said it. It certainly struck a nerve."
The incident came after a Paterson tackle on Melbourne and New Zealand forward Adam Blair.
Knights coach Rick Stone was aware of the sledging drama yesterday but he refused to buy into it. "They are big boys and I am a believer in what happens on the field, stays on the field," he said.
"I saw on the video that they had words. Sometimes things are said on the field in the heat of the battle.
"It is a touchy one but I don't think there was any malice in it.
"I don't know what was said. I'm none the wiser."
When contacted last night Slater did not deny the sledging accusations, but said he had telephoned Paterson yesterday to "clear the air".
"I heard Cory had an issue with something that was said on the field [Saturday] night," Slater said.
"I rang Cory immediately to discuss it and clear the air.
"What was said in that conversation will remain private but Cory has assured me that there is no ill-feeling between us.
"I wished him all the best at the end of the phone call - and he did the same."

no surprises there, a leopard won't change his stripes, especially when the leopard is a Cnut

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10