Suncorp Stadium

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There is no way known a regular home game at Brookie earns the club $250k.

I don't have the figures but did hear on Brisbane radio Saturday morning when they were discussing the move to Suncorp, that Manly would make at least 5 times what they would at Brookie.

Make of that what you will....

The 2012 double header was:
1. Broncos (H) v Manly
2. Titans v Dogs (not sure who the home team was for the 2nd game)

Taking a home game to Suncorp to play the Titans would be much better.

Manly banked around $350,000 for the game and the club has signed a three-year deal with Suncorp Stadium - playing one game there a year - worth more than $1m.

Now that's good money, particularly when you have private owners.

http://www.sportingnews.com/league/...hts-mess-he-caused/19tt85kmxz1gv1trrus2cmqkq7
I'm glad I wasn't behind zorba in the queue when he banked it. Imagine how long it would have taken the teller to count it all?

I'm glad to never be behind Zorba. Ever. :sick:

Manly fans may be upset the Sea Eagles took a big home game against the Broncos to Brisbane last weekend.

The Sea Eagles though cashed-in big time financially.

Manly banked around $350,000 for the game and the club has signed a three-year deal with Suncorp Stadium - playing one game there a year - worth more than $1m.

Now that's good money, particularly when you have private owners.

http://www.sportingnews.com/league/...hts-mess-he-caused/19tt85kmxz1gv1trrus2cmqkq7
I say it's not good money if the difference between playing in the finals and not playing is one win. I suspect we won't get that close this year though.

No it's not! I don't enjoy watching the broncos flog manly at suncorp stadium.
This is not the manly of old,this manly would sell out to superleague.
Over the past 10 years it was Manly that was doing the flogging at Suncorp, no one complained about that.
We went into the game with an understrength side, sure we got beat 30-6, but a few things just didn't go our way, we had a fair try pulled back, we had another line break pulled back in what seem a fair pass to Brown which would have resulted in a try, and Lyon threw a bad pass to Wright which should have resulted in a another try.
Broncos weren't that great, some Milford magic coupled with some handling errors gifted them a few tries, that's football.

Unfortunately $$ come before us fans. I heard that the Manly club get $350k for taking each home game to Suncorp. If you owned the club, it would be hard to give up that cash versus losing money at Brookie.
$350k to the penns is **** all a win to a manly fan at brooky is everything.you don't buy s footy team to make money you do it for the love of the game.

Aren't all clubs entrusted to 'spread the game of rugby league' by taking matches to rural and regional areas?
How many home games do the Broncos take from Suncorp?
Just another example of the NRL's allowing television to run the sport.

Easy answer. Since entering the competition in 1988 the Brisbane Broncos have never played a regular season home game away from Lang Park/Suncorp Stadium or ANZ Stadium in Brisbane.

I saw Peters after the Cowboys game coming out of the loo with his hangers on ... Fark he's getting bigger if that's possible

It's good for our Qld fan base.

Also gives some slacko member another chance at pulling his finger out the FIRST time he gets the ticket offer@:blush:

PS.....I do love how the ABC TV and Radio always refer to SS as Lang Park! No free advertising on Aunty.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6