Surely it's obvious now . . .

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Putting things in perspective ...
We beat the competition leaders with out key players and J and G on the wings
We beat the Grand finalists the Raider with out key players and J and G on the wings
We beat the Roosters by one point with out key players and J and G on the wings
We can win the Grand final with J and G and thats cool with me !!!

Last edited:
I wouldn't be paying $600K for a winger like the desperate Dogs just did for Cotric.

Feldt would have scored that try over just about every other winger in the competition. Kick was perfect, as was his leap, and Jorge actually got up well and did his best to stop it. Defending winger, posted on his own, is always at a disadvantage on an attacking kick like that. Obviously it was their game plan and it worked - once. It's up to the rest of the team to control the game and not put ourselves in that situation. Then it's down to execution and luck.

What's obvious to me is ALL the backline need to step up.. cowboys are a struggling team i expected us to beat, so happy about that.. BUT, when is the last time our wingers or fullback scored a try?
Another 20pt + game, all points from the forwards or halves.. dce has out scored the rest of the backline combined over the last month.
True, but I think last night’s game shows Des’s game plan to keep in in the middle and attack through the halves and 2 off the ruck. I don’t think the centres or wingers got any ball except for bringing it out of our own half. Occasionally they went looking for it in the middle, but there were no spin it to backline plays from memory.

Horses for courses, it was the way to beat the Cowboys, doubled their score.

I wouldn't be paying $600K for a winger like the desperate Dogs just did for Cotric.

Dog distemper at its best feathered friend

First they pay 650K for a winger then they pay head coach money for a rookie and unproven P plater head coach to build them a resilient premiership winning team
We saw how much resilience our Manly players / team had under his watch
Say no more .....
bulldog-open-mouth-fun-surprised-expression-bulldog-open-mouth-funny-expression-120189413.jpg

I agree, he cannot catch but his tough carries are too important to the team at the moment. He makes more metres than Jetski and Waddell combined. The back 3 need to be able to do hit ups returning kicks, off our line etc.

Unfortunately we have Parker, Elliot, Garrick, Jetski, Waddell etc that get hammered.

I think Garrick is more useless, and still not sold on Parker.

We do have hoppa jr, he will be good. No doubt. It's the second row we are weak, especially with thommo going.

Why reply my post if you are going to ignore it in that reply.

You will miss him when he is gone...promise.
No need to miss him. He can be reinvented as a forward. There has been several instances of wingers becoming excellent front rowers and back rowers.
He is built for power and makes metres when he runs. That's his strength, not from running fast or diffusing high kicks.
I've never denigrated Jorge's value to the team. He's been a good winger but the game's tactics have changed and he is no longer the best choice to handle kicks.

I've cherry picked some stats to back up my love for Jorge:
View attachment 14941

Most line breaks isn't a bad stat to go with most tries. The guy score tries that many others wouldn't. Pure bulldozer. And we all love to see him flatten an opposition player with his Matai like defence. I am biased but would love to see him stay an Eagle for years

If the number of line breaks was the holy grail, Funa makes one every 8.8 runs as against Jorge's 20.7 runs?

Not a very reliable stat on which to make a decision, and neither is the "average metres per run", which all make about 7 - 9m per run.

Today's game is over infatuated with technical stats. Forget them and look at the players "positives" such as tries scored and tries stopped. Add in effort shown, determination and combination with team mates.

The ability to keep your head up in adversity and to never stop trying even if you're a cricket score behind makes a champion player.

Talking about being so far behind in a game, my father would never let me even start to leave the ground until the final whistle.

His attitude was that the players were out there hurting so we should too.

Just like when Brett Stewart was injured, our attack and defense more often than not looked ordinary.

Turbo going down and our attack is not as good. Our defense is not as good, and our win percentage is not as good.

Without Snake and Turbo, with even the best wingers in the ****ing universe . How many more games would we win? Probably no more than we do now..
I was actually pretty proud of our defence for 95% of that Cows game. Let in one soft try and one (nearly) two off of a kick but nothing we couldn't have stopped

IMO Stats are our bench marks . We need benchmarks to focus on and keep improving

love Jorge for so many reasons .... but .... I agree the modern game requires someone who can 'take a mark' and run fast

The modern game requires big powerful wingers who can line break and has speed. Over the years I've noticed the wing position has become more crucial then centres so thats something Manly has not adjusted to in the modern game. So someone like Saab or even Alex Johnson would be great to have and also good kicking option for DCE or Cust.

No, the dogs need to be patient and even front load contracts to ensure they get the best players. Wait another year for the right piece and not spend overs

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10