Surely it's obvious now . . .

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
... that Jorge just isn't the right build for a modern winger.
Ever since the first match when Melbourne scored three tries by kicking over Jorge's head we've watch week after week that he is not built for speed nor has the height to compete in the air when bombed.
Every team scores tries from the bomb, except us. It puts us well behind other teams before we even start.
Again, we failed to put up a decent bomb to allow us to even compete for the catch. The only outside back in our 17 likely to compete for a bomb is Sandwich, and I can'r remember that happening this season.
Unless we get a tall, athletic and speeder winger we will never be a complete football team.
I'd be putting all my salary cap recruitment money trying to lure Addo-Carr or Alex Johnson here for next season.
Des must try some alternative wingers now because it is disheartening seeing teams continually score tries from kicks against us.
Hoppa Jrn, Funa, the new Canterbury recruit, Miski . . .
Jorge has been a great player but if he is to push for a First Grade spot in the future it should not be in the backline.

You seem unaware of how important what Horhay contributes to the TEAM buddy.
Every player has +'s and -'s...most teams have 1 wing they have a giant on and attack there accordingly, thus producing tries.

Horhay fields MANY kicks, his hit-up metres are irreplaceable and his defence almost impeccable.
He is a huge team +.

Be careful what you ask for.

You seem unaware of how important what Horhay contributes to the TEAM buddy.
Every player has +'s and -'s...most teams have 1 wing they have a giant on and attack there accordingly, thus producing tries.

Horhay fields MANY kicks, his hit-up metres are irreplaceable and his defence almost impeccable.
He is a huge team +.

Be careful what you ask for.
I would have agreed until this season when the style of attack is so focused on the bomb.
We've had 14 tries scored against us this season from kicks, and we've scored one.
It is our weakness.
Every team attacks us this way.
Our backline is the slowest in the comp, especially without Turbo and Walker.
We need pace and height in our outside backs. The rest of our roster can compete.
Surely this is obvious.

I would have agreed until this season when the style of attack is so focused on the bomb.
We've had 14 tries scored against us this season from kicks, and we've scored one.
It is our weakness.
Every team attacks us this way.
Our backline is the slowest in the comp, especially without Turbo and Walker.
We need pace and height in our outside backs. The rest of our roster can compete.
Surely this is obvious.
Why reply my post if you are going to ignore it in that reply.

You will miss him when he is gone...promise.

Jorge running game out of own end is great but have said it for a while he isn’t first grade standard let alone standard of a top 4 team which manly should be. We will never see Jorge score a try from competing in the air for as long as he plays on the wing at Manly... it really limits our attacking options. He also clearly listens to the hype of big hits which exposes our flank when he comes in off his wing to make his mark... have conceded too many tries from this schoolboy error this season.

We should go hard at a winger who has a similar strong running game but good in the air. Naden looks great but not sure if would take the tough carries, same for Johnston or Gebbie. Suli could become a great winger... unsure who to target, young Xavier Coates and Herbie Farnworth at the broncos look like real talents and would be great in manly #2, surely couldnt be too hard to pry away from that mess of a club?

Jorge running game out of own end is great but have said it for a while he isn’t first grade standard let alone standard of a top 4 team which manly should be. We will never see Jorge score a try from competing in the air for as long as he plays on the wing at Manly... it really limits our attacking options.
Limits our attacking options, and throw big money at wingers...surely you jest.

How often do our wingers even touch the ball unless bringing it back from a kick?

Both our wingers would score their fair amount of tries if they got any ball.

Every time I post negatively about Jorge, he turns it around next week and has a blinder (a blinder for Jorge, that is.) If he is selected, I sincerely hope that happens.

However, everyone talks about all the little things he does well, like catch 4 out of 5 bombs, but it is that 5th bomb that he allows a try to be scored against him. Every week your heart is in your mouth as to whether he catches that ball or not. So he does, but that is his job, not something over and above the call of duty that 30 other wingers have to achieve.

Why do you think most bombs are sent Jorge's way? Because as a percentage play, the odds are with the opposition, not to mention the grubber kicks put in behind his back, knowing he will end up watching his opposing winger place his hand on the ball for a try.

Once again, a well paying percentage play and don't you think other coaches know it!

Jorge has a wonderful Club record. Unfortunately his last few years are starting to erade that high standard and it is time for him to enjoy a stint in Super League before he is remembered only for his recent deficiencies and not his proud halcyon days of the past.

Just like when Brett Stewart was injured, our attack and defense more often than not looked ordinary.

Turbo going down and our attack is not as good. Our defense is not as good, and our win percentage is not as good.

Without Snake and Turbo, with even the best wingers in the ****ing universe . How many more games would we win? Probably no more than we do now..

Think he has got a lot of mistakes out of his game, and pretty safe under the high ball. Used to be shocking. Sure, he’s no high flying acrobat at a contested high ball, but doing a solid job for now.
Garrick will improve, I like him, still very young.
The whole squad is developing nicely. The more games they play, the better the cohesion
Under the radar

What's obvious to me is ALL the backline need to step up.. cowboys are a struggling team i expected us to beat, so happy about that.. BUT, when is the last time our wingers or fullback scored a try?
Another 20pt + game, all points from the forwards or halves.. dce has out scored the rest of the backline combined over the last month.

I've cherry picked some stats to back up my love for Jorge:
Screenshot_20200725-094413_Samsung Internet.jpg

Most line breaks isn't a bad stat to go with most tries. The guy score tries that many others wouldn't. Pure bulldozer. And we all love to see him flatten an opposition player with his Matai like defence. I am biased but would love to see him stay an Eagle for years

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8