suspensions are a disgrace to the club.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cambo link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=185122.msg291349#msg291349 date=1283759151]
Look, all that have been on here a while would know how big a fan I am of both of the 2 blokes mentioned

However, both were dumb shots, and not something that this club is about, and that is what disappoints me the most

Matai yesterday, I can see exactly where the hit come from, and the intentions behind his play were right, but it was dumb. If you watch him the 5mins leading up to that tackle, you can see him trying to lift the side with some big runs and trying to put on a big shot or 2. But his brain didn't recognize the time to pull back and it was a poor decision from him
im gonna be serious here so dont be a dickhead and comeback with a smartarse comment. Ke you are one of the few voices of reason this site theres a few others but i have to say i enjoy your posts and find them well thought out and well expressed.

I agree 100% with wat u have said bout matai and gift
[/quote]

Wonders will never cease ;)

Matai's passion for the maroon and white is amazing. Pity about the little brain explosions though. Still, i love the guy and i m happy he is staying with Manly.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Cambo link=topic=185122.msg291369#msg291369 date=1283759957]
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=185122.msg291349#msg291349 date=1283759151]
Look, all that have been on here a while would know how big a fan I am of both of the 2 blokes mentioned

However, both were dumb shots, and not something that this club is about, and that is what disappoints me the most

Matai yesterday, I can see exactly where the hit come from, and the intentions behind his play were right, but it was dumb. If you watch him the 5mins leading up to that tackle, you can see him trying to lift the side with some big runs and trying to put on a big shot or 2. But his brain didn't recognize the time to pull back and it was a poor decision from him
im gonna be serious here so dont be a dickhead and comeback with a smartarse comment. Ke you are one of the few voices of reason this site theres a few others but i have to say i enjoy your posts and find them well thought out and well expressed.

I agree 100% with wat u have said bout matai and gift
[/quote]

Wonders will never cease ;)
[/quote]

Face it KE. Deep down you are now questioning whether you got this call right! ;)

Soft susan, soft.

Whatever happened to the old motto's we used to play under?

"If you can't beat' em, hurt 'em."
"Never show you're in pain, make the other bloke show it."

If you're not happy with the way the game is flowing, force a scrum & start a fight.
That's how you play Rugby League.

I'd rather support the team putting on the shots than the teams that stay down until the video ref gets involved.

unfortunately that theory has one major flaw.you cant knock  heads off from the grandstand. 

i have been racking my brains but I still cant remember a side with 3 rep players out for a semi final due to suspension.two great attacking players as spectators.

not professional enough.

Yes it is not professional enough but a fair bit of this comes back to the refs, they are anything but professional and in being that way this has escalated during the season.  Sorry but I do not agree that Matai should have been sent off for turning his back on the ref, the refs basically deserve nothing from 'some' players the way they treat them.  With gallen and thurston staying on the field with what came out of their mouths, Matai is a saint in comparison.  Matai got marched because he asked the ref why we were not getting any of the 50/50 calls, quite honestly that is a fair call.  Geez the refs just hate us, remember Beaver getting sent off for telling the ref he was 'having a good day Sir!'  Maybe if he had called him an fn cheat he could have got to stay on the field too.

MissKate link said:
Yes it is not professional enough but a fair bit of this comes back to the refs, they are anything but professional and in being that way this has escalated during the season.  Sorry but I do not agree that Matai should have been sent off for turning his back on the ref, the refs basically deserve nothing from 'some' players the way they treat them.  With gallen and thurston staying on the field with what came out of their mouths, Matai is a saint in comparison.  Matai got marched because he asked the ref why we were not getting any of the 50/50 calls, quite honestly that is a fair call.  Geez the refs just hate us, remember Beaver getting sent off for telling the ref he was 'having a good day Sir!'  Maybe if he had called him an fn cheat he could have got to stay on the field too.

I think the other thing that brings disrespect to the refs is the familiarity they have with the players.It's not just first names now either,it's nicknames.I think that it should go back to calling team and number,not names.And the ref used to be sir.There shouldn't be that camaraderie type feeling between refs and players.More professionalism.

you have to have some respect for officials regardless otherwise the game is a mess.thurston not being sent off was a precedent they will regret.with a record like steves what is the upside of treating a ref like ****.common sense is a rare commodity today.have they ever changed a decision after being abused.no.

get on with the game.getting over adversity is what separates good sides from the rest.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6