[Resurrected] Taupau being shopped?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Your points about stats are well made and true.. they always require an explanation in regard to qualification and quantitative assessment.

We disagree on Marty .. I have been critical of him for several years .. even took a lot of flack from the usual suspects ... it's not that he is bad or terrible .. just that he is not my type of prop .. I prefer players with more emotional investment.
Whatever happened to the taupau that ran out for the tigers? We could do with that energy. But I tend to agree with you somewhat.. I feel like he is getting soft. He is obviously a smart man by the way he speaks in the media, and obviously studying for life after football. And I don't begrudge him for that.. but I would much prefer a meathead prop that just gets on with it and tears in. No self preservation

Strange move by a rookie coach to come in and immediately target a player that has just been given a 10 year million dollar contract and named world's best forward.

Can't understand why you would want to completely change his game and then publicly chastise him.

Got bigger gonads than me..
Rookie coach. Rookie error. I think it will be his undoing in the end personally. Doesn't seem to mind hanging out the dirty laundry.

Sorry, but with the unlikelihood of lolo being at manly, i cant help myself but post a yart of what the squad could look like. Maybe we can get Haumole in his ear. They are cousins after all.

1.Tom Trbojevic
2.Jason Saab
3.Brad Parker
4.Tolutau Koula
5.Reuben Garrick
6.Keiran Foran
7.Daly Cherry Evans
8.Sean Keppie
9.Karl Lawton
10.Jason Taumololo
11.Haumole Olakau'atu
12.Kelma Tuilagi
13.Jake Trbojevic

14.Manase Fainu
15.Josh Aloiai
16.Josh Schuster
17.Ethan Bullemor

18.Taniela Paseka

Sorry, but with the unlikelihood of lolo being at manly, i cant help myself but post a yart of what the squad could look like. Maybe we can get Haumole in his ear. They are cousins after all.

1.Tom Trbojevic
2.Jason Saab
3.Brad Parker
4.Tolutau Koula
5.Reuben Garrick
6.Keiran Foran
7.Daly Cherry Evans
8.Sean Keppie
9.Karl Lawton
10.Jason Taumololo
11.Haumole Olakau'atu
12.Kelma Tuilagi
13.Jake Trbojevic

14.Manase Fainu
15.Josh Aloiai
16.Josh Schuster
17.Ethan Bullemor

18.Taniela Paseka
Lolo at Manly? You guys are dreaming..... arent you?

As someone already pointed out, most of the dollars saved by not retaining Marty next year are probably already committed elsewhere with upgrades, etc.
As for taking over someone's 10 year contract? No, please no! The Taumololo deal was madness when they did it and there is still 6 years to run.
If we could get him just for 2 years and see how he goes, fair enough, but why would he or the Cows accept that?
If he doesn't want to be there and they want to free up cash something could happen. Though if he was to be released im sure the roosters would make room for him and get him

Might be a bit harsh but I think the recruitment of players like Walker and Taupau have held us back from going closer to premiership glory again.

There are some on here that will rave about what Ben Kennedy did for this club in his short time here. Marty has not and will not do what Kennedy did for us.

Yeah understand your point. I was just replying to a comment that Taupau was our hardest working forward on the weekend.

For me, it’s always been a salary cap issue. What’s his chunk of the cap Vs his output for the team.
For me, Marty has not been value for money in that respect for years.

I think his chunk of cap could be better utilised, when you compare his work rate to the much lower cap portions of the other 3 props.

That point seems to be lost on poor old Woody. Poor fella still reeling at the fact he was wrong about Saab and still can’t admit to it. Sad really.
Yeah I understand that, however his output last year was very, very good. I place a bit of value on his importance off the park too, being the leader of a young group with a great training ethic etc helping to bring them through and show them the way to be a professional footballer. Paseka is going to need to step up to the plate big time next year as our pack outside of jake is extremely short on experience

Not sure but I think the original problem he had with the new coach was that his minutes were reduced ... I think JT wanted to keep playing 80 but coach had the idea that he would be more effective playing shorter more powerful stints ..

That plan hasn't worked

Heard this discussed on the radio yesterday morning

2 seasons ago 61mins, 190ish metres
Last season 59 mins, 130ish metres
Last week 51 mins, 110ish with 1 tackle break

I understand Paytens plan, Taumalolo is looking cooked in some regard, and they have 6 years to go with him on massive money to try and get some value from

Is Granville any better a hooker than Lawton? If not, then we definitely don't need another mediocre hooker on the books.
a younger Granville is way better than Croker - maybe not now but gee even on the weekend Granville played with passion and heart and can whack in defence AND........ he can actually scoot out of dummy half. We could do with all of those traits in the Manly pack right now

I am not convinced that any of our props are better than Marty personally... he sures up the middle, by not missing many tackles and usually slowing the ruck down while his own PTB speed is generally quite fast and often creates scoring opportunities... excellent offload altho he seems to have been pulled in on those...

800K... ? Probs not but I am not seeing another pack leader atm so yeah, nah, maybe... Paseka could be if he ever realises how big he is
@:D

Might be a bit harsh but I think the recruitment of players like Walker and Taupau have held us back from going closer to premiership glory again.

There are some on here that will rave about what Ben Kennedy did for this club in his short time here. Marty has not and will not do what Kennedy did for us.
Ummm question... just how many Ben Kennedy esque recruits are out there? BK was one of a kind

I am not convinced that any of our props are better than Marty personally... he sures up the middle, by not missing many tackles and usually slowing the ruck down while his own PTB speed is generally quite fast and often creates scoring opportunities... excellent offload altho he seems to have been pulled in on those...

800K... ? Probs not but I am not seeing another pack leader atm so yeah, nah, maybe... Paseka could be if he ever realises how big he is
I personally think Marty and Aloiai have been told by the big man not to offload and not make errors. Just my guess because both have put the cue in the rack in the offload department

I agree. I thought when he was on, especially early he got us on the front foot and when he was off we had no go forward.

Panthers did defend very well, slowed the ruck down and controlled field position and possession.

I still think Marty is own no. 1 prop. When he is off we miss his defence, as he is able to put players on their back and his energy in the middle. I also feel when he comes back on for his second stint in the second half it immediately has an impact and gets us going forward again where DCE and Tom can capitalise on this.

I thought he was our most consistent prop last year by far.

I personally think Marty and Aloiai have been told by the big man not to offload and not make errors. Just my guess because both have put the cue in the rack in the offload department
I would love to see a little more second phase play at the right times (it definitely changes momentum when you can get a few off loads away in traffic)

When does Oshay Olay return for us? I think you are right regarding the offloading. We dont do enough of it, tigers did a nice one (talungi) and scored on the storm. So hard to defend against

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8