[Resurrected] Taupau being shopped?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Without knowing the ins and outs of our recruitment teams dealings my hypothetical choices are irrelevant.

My point all along has been that there is more value in the prop market than the highly paid Taupau. I could rattle off dozens of props that statistically rate higher than Marty the last few years - that are paid less than him. My point.
Go ahead Batty rattle away ,I’m very keen to see who’s think

My point all along has been that there is more value in the prop market than the highly paid Taupau. I could rattle off dozens of props that statistically rate higher than Marty the last few years - that are paid less than him. My point.
Well a matter of opinion I suppose, I think he's been a good player for Manly but to top it off as a resounding success we probably need a premiership this year. Similar for DCE's deal.

Anyway it's pretty well publicised that Manly won't offer Marty a new deal, so is there one of those statistically superior (and cheaper) props you think we should be looking most closely at?

“Marty by just about everyone maybe except your view”

You forgot to mention the recruitment team, who if they regarded his efforts (last week, last year, last few years) so highly, would offer him a contract past 2022. But they haven’t. They’ve told him he can leave.

My point has only ever been Marty’s lack of value in relation to the salary cap. Last week. Last year. Last few years.
I didn’t rate his performance last week as being worth $800k. My point.

Where we differ is you see Marty’s performance as being the best of 4 props last week. That’s debatable but subjective.
My point is that when you put his performance down in relationship with the cap and the other 3 props - he’s not the best.

Let me put it to you this way, if Marty was on $2m per year (1/5th of our cap) would you see his last weeks performance differently? Cause that’s how I view performances.
passing mate.. sorry your argument is completely illogical. I have no idea how you somehow rate performance and "value" each week against salary cap. The most bizarre platform for an argument I have heard.... but all good mate - keep going... but I will defer and let you argue with others. But just a quick point before I move on.... Turbo was really really quiet last week and he takes up a chunk of salary cap....based on your new method of reviewing performance Turbo was a total waste of space last week as well because his "value" well your way of assessing the game - his "value" wouldn't have equalled a million dollar contract? I am giggling buttt just for fun can you share your mathematics with me please seeing you say last week Marty's "performance in relationship to the cap and the other three props" meant he wasn't the best prop on the field for Manly. How does this method work.. how do you calculate this "value" with respect to the cap... and based on your new method which prop of those three was the best given Marty wasn't and how do you arrive at this conclusion? Do you divide the yearly contract by the number of games they play? is it the number of games they are available for? and then assign a dollar figure per tackle? per run? per off load? per minute played? per tackle bust? per post contact metre? per try? per try assist? Looking forward to seeing how you calculate this value.... actually dont bother responding as I said I am passing... I think my questions show what a nonsensical and totally illogical argument you have. You have a view that Marty was poor last week and you are entitled to that view.

Interesting that at the end of last season or last lot of final "s games , Alioia and Keppie were the starting props . Keppie and his mind set seems to go better starting , similar case with Alioia and on 600 k really would expect it . Range of opinion if Paseka should start but more inclined to think offers more impact coming on after the i st 15 - 20 or so . and guess conversely Marty . Then with Walker returning , jake occasionally reverting to prop . Yet Sipley is currently starting so a different approach there for whatever reasoning . Would assume that Des and the recruiting group would have the most relevant take on Marty "s value to the squad and again fairly clear indication that they were prepared to trade him last season but no takers , probably the freight matter the main deterrent . Anyway again just hope that Marty can still really put in this year not only for his own ambitions but of course for Manly and his team mates also

Interesting that at the end of last season or last lot of final "s games , Alioia and Keppie were the starting props . Keppie and his mind set seems to go better starting , similar case with Alioia and on 600 k really would expect it . Range of opinion if Paseka should start but more inclined to think offers more impact coming on after the i st 15 - 20 or so . and guess conversely Marty . Then with Walker returning , jake occasionally reverting to prop . Yet Sipley is currently starting so a different approach there for whatever reasoning . Would assume that Des and the recruiting group would have the most relevant take on Marty "s value to the squad and again fairly clear indication that they were prepared to trade him last season but no takers , probably the freight matter the main deterrent . Anyway again just hope that Marty can still really put in this year not only for his own ambitions but of course for Manly and his team mates also
Yeah it seems like a few of the boys go better when they are starting the game. To Marty's credit he seems to play equally well off the bench. Probably shows you how much of a professional he is.

The funniest part of the whole debate on this one, and in rugby league in general, is how everyone is an expert on what people are being paid

Do the players send off a copy of their contract to all the journos when they sign them ?

Could a straight swap with Taupau for Taulmalolo be on the cards?? Would be amazing. Taupau on 800k so it's not out of this world.

Could a straight swap with Taupau for Taulmalolo be on the cards?? Would be amazing. Taupau on 800k so it's not out of this world.
Hmm, a few years ago it would be a no brainer, although Taulmalolo has been pretty ineffective the last few years and will only get slower. I can’t imagine he’d be worth paying over 600K for in his current state.

And besides if we can’t get someone mobile (again, id like Mitch Dunn) then I don’t really see the point getting rid of taupau early. Our forwards have power and talent at times, although I feel it still needs a little evolution when it comes to the dynamic of the pack. We need an injection of some leg speed and unpredictability (eg ability to change direction at the defencive line, offload etc).

Look, you could be 100% correct and I have no idea… could be scary times though because our recruitment team sees no value in Taupau any longer either, so they must have no idea too right 😂😂
Same goes for @madmax’s fav Walker. Club happy to see him go too.

Hilarious. Our clubs had its best recruitment decisions in years.

Let me know who your other fav players are?… I’ll know who is on the way out 😂
We all have favourites mate. Yes Walker is one of mine. It’s the treatment he receives on here that made me stick up for him. I just wish he reached his potential here & not elsewhere.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11