[Resurrected] Taupau being shopped?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Rocky

Bencher
We have:
Aloai
Paseka
Keppie (I know he's injured)
Bullemore
Boyle
De Luis

All to fall back on.

It's good business to let him go now imo... he ain't going to be here next season anyhow and hasn't been setting the world on fire & would be fair to him for his last few years of service!

Who knows maybe 200k may help sla certain someone backflip on their 2023 contract (ok maybe wishful thinking)
Agreed. Front row is where we have depth so if we can get something out of this we should be happy to move on if he has asked for a release.

Ryan

Journey Man
Marty has had a good serviceable career at Manly. I will thank him for his services.

Has he been amazing at Manly? Not a chance.

He's averaged:
Metres per game (per full season with us).

Apart from AFB, for just a few short years, show me another forward as strong and consistent per game?

joeboy

Bencher
How many Blacktown Workers team players do we WANt in our top team next year? Do people know how Blacktown's been performing?

I want to keep recruiting for next year, I’m talking about this year.

Russel lis a great player and would be a great addition.

And yes I do know how blacktowns been Performing, but I probably do lack The acumen to have a different take than you

Rocky

Bencher
He's averaged:
Metres per game (per full season with us).

Apart from AFB, for just a few short years, show me another forward as strong and consistent per game?
Like I said he's been a good player for us.

I usually look at these guys in terms of what salary he has earnt and his output.

If we have paid him around 600-700k a year then for me its been an ok return on investment. Certainly not amazing in my book. But all good.

I thank Marty for his services and wish him the best going forward. Seems like a good guy.

Ryan

Journey Man
I want to keep recruiting for next year, I’m talking about this year.

Russel lis a great player and would be a great addition.

And yes I do know how blacktowns been Performing, but I probably do lack The acumen to have a different take than you

Instead of mocking someone for their comment, via comment or passive aggressive emoticon or whatever they are, put your point across respectfully, then your acumen wouldn't be attacked / questioned.

No idea who Russell is?

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Instead of mocking someone for their comment, via comment or passive aggressive emoticon or whatever they are, put your point across, then your acumen wouldn't be questioned.

No idea who Russell is?
Parra Winger, he is not needed imo

Ryan

Journey Man
Parra Winger, he is not needed imo

Next season we hopefully have:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Morgan Harper
04. Tolu Koula
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kaeo Weekes
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Josh Aloiai
09. Manase Fainu
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Kelma Tuilagi
13. Josh Schuster

14. Karl Lawton
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Sean Keppie

I know people have bagged this player and that player - but all fully fit (and in some instances trimmed right down), that's a pretty solid team. I also know I've left out Lachlan Croker which was a tough decision.

I think we need quality depth in the forwards. We'll have gone from the basement to the boardroom Hooker wise (3 availalable + GCKT).

Depth: 18. Toff Sipley, 19. Brad Parker, 20. Lachlan Croker, 21. Ethan Bullemor, 22. Ray Vaega, 23. Christian Tuipulotu, 24. Alec Tuitavake, 25. Kurt De Luis, 26. Jamie Humphreys & I'm happy to add 27. Zac Fulton (at a pinch).

In my view, we need a marquee backrower (after moving Jake to prop), and three QUALITY depth forwards (not Blacktown quality). Maybe go Angus Chrichton (or see if Panthers would release Liam Martin for a decent contract upgrade), and move Tuilagi back to the 17 position.

Last edited:

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Next season we hopefully have:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Morgan Harper
04. Tolu Koula
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kaeo Weekes
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Josh Aloiai
09. Manase Fainu
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Kelma Tuilagi
13. Josh Schuster

14. Karl Lawton
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Sean Keppie

I know people have bagged this player and that player - but all fully fit (and in some instances trimmed right down), that's a pretty solid team. I also know I've left out Lachlan Croker which was a tough decision.

I think we need quality depth in the forwards. We'll have gone from the basement to the boardroom Hooker wise (3 availalable + GCKT).

Depth: 18. Toff Sipley, 19. Brad Parker, 20. Lachlan Croker, 21. Ethan Bullemor, 22. Ray Vaega, 23. Christian Tuipulotu, 24. Alec Tuitavake, 25. Kurt De Luis, 26. Jamie Humphreys & I'm happy to add 27. Zac Fulton (at a pinch).

In my view, we need a marquee backrower (after moving Jake to prop), and three QUALITY depth forwards (not Blacktown quality). Maybe go Angus Chrichton (or see if Panthers would release Liam Martin for a decent contract upgrade), and move Tuilagi back to the 17 position.

Wow we are trouble.

That lineup is Knights or Dragon equivalent.

Hopefully Munster is on his way.

Ryan

Journey Man
Wow we are trouble.

That lineup is Knights or Dragon equivalent.

Hopefully Munster is on his way.

Mate, tbh, my way of thinking, our club isn't a destination of choice right now. It's a bit of a revolving door, and that door leads out. We are a bit of a sinking ship. We need a Broncos type rebuild. Benny Ikin - S.O.S.

KNUCKLES

Bencher
A swap is not in Manly’s best interests.Taupau has only 3 months left on his contract,so it would be better to take the cap space which could be $200K.Who are Parra releasing that is of quality or going to make a difference to Manly this year?Unless they’ve identified someone in the lower grades or junior reps,why bother.
Sean Russell looks alright. But we have enough wingers

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Mate, tbh, my way of thinking, our club isn't a destination of choice right now. It's a bit of a revolving door, and that door leads out. We are a bit of a sinking ship. We need a Broncos type rebuild. Benny Ikin - S.O.S.
You are spot on.

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16