[Resurrected] Taupau being shopped?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

NYEagle

Bencher
Next season we hopefully have:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Morgan Harper
04. Tolu Koula
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kaeo Weekes
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Josh Aloiai
09. Manase Fainu
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Kelma Tuilagi
13. Josh Schuster

14. Karl Lawton
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Sean Keppie

I know people have bagged this player and that player - but all fully fit (and in some instances trimmed right down), that's a pretty solid team. I also know I've left out Lachlan Croker which was a tough decision.

I think we need quality depth in the forwards. We'll have gone from the basement to the boardroom Hooker wise (3 availalable + GCKT).

Depth: 18. Toff Sipley, 19. Brad Parker, 20. Lachlan Croker, 21. Ethan Bullemor, 22. Ray Vaega, 23. Christian Tuipulotu, 24. Alec Tuitavake, 25. Kurt De Luis, 26. Jamie Humphreys & I'm happy to add 27. Zac Fulton (at a pinch).

In my view, we need a marquee backrower (after moving Jake to prop), and three QUALITY depth forwards (not Blacktown quality). Maybe go Angus Chrichton (or see if Panthers would release Liam Martin for a decent contract upgrade), and move Tuilagi back to the 17 position.
That’s a weak starting squad. Where did everyone go?.

Surely you can’t leave out Croker, Tui, and Parker out.

NYEagle

XV-1

First Grader
If he "does" go, can we try something different as a forum and not bag the **** out of him like he's useless like we do? Because he's been amazing for us

Don't worry, the Neville's already have a whipping boi to replace Marty. His name is Schuster.
I am sure they will add a backup very soon as Harper is making them eat crow at the moment.

jamesie

Reserve Grader
If we are relying on Morgan Boyle to string more than 2 games in a row, dead set no one has been watching Manly for the last 3 years

Shoe1

Journey Man
If he wants out, let him. I like Marty but there's no use keeping him for much longer.

Paseka was immense last night, Bullemore was good, and Boyle went ok after a long injury lay-off. Keppie will be back, and if Aloia and Toff can get their heads right after this week the front row isn't manly's problem.

Kalvin

Bencher
If he "does" go, can we try something different as a forum and not bag the **** out of him like he's useless like we do? Because he's been amazing for us
He was fantastic when he first came here (I liked the old aggressive version more so than the more recent version of Marty over the last 2 years).

He has however been a great mentor for our young forwards & I for one am grateful for his tenure here. In saying that i feel the time is right for both party's to move forward amicably & bid farewell!

Son of Manly Beach

Reserve Grader
I like when Marty first came across to us. And he's always been one of those players I've thought fondly of, especially when going to the games live - he really stood out.
Unfortunately, this year he started to irritate me too often with his mistakes and what seemed to be lack of effort for the most part. So I think it's a good time for him to move on. Cheers for your service though Marty

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Mate, tbh, my way of thinking, our club isn't a destination of choice right now. It's a bit of a revolving door, and that door leads out. We are a bit of a sinking ship. We need a Broncos type rebuild. Benny Ikin - S.O.S.

You are spot on.

Broncos Type rebuild?

I mean sure they bought Reynolds who has helped immensely (Capewell handy too) but I'd hardly say they have ripped the place apart and rebuilt

More that their young players are now starting to feel comfortable and confident in first grade.

Guys like Nui, Staggs, Farnworth, Carrigan, Flegler, Riki, Hass are now hitting there 3rd, 4th, 5th seasons of first grade.

A combination of a bit of leadership on the field combined with there young talent taking the next step has them on the up.

Heckenberg

Reserve Grader
He
He's averaged:
Metres per game (per full season with us).

Apart from AFB, for just a few short years, show me another forward as strong and consistent per game?
Id take less metres and more impact from him. He’s gone a bit soft I preferred him
When he was reckless and got suspended more often.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Marty is a top class player when the mood takes him.

Unfortunately though he is also a top class source of frustration. Inevitably if he is on the field when Manly score, sometime in our very next set he will either knock on or push a not needed offload, both of which usually end in a turnover and lately has actually seen the opposition score!!!

The way Paseka, Bullemor, Keppie, De Luis and even Boyle went last night, along with Aloiai and Sips I think we're OK for front rowers. And don't forget ... there is also Jake.

Yes it would be sad to see Marty go, especially to the Worms. But life and football moves on.

KaZa

Bencher
He

Id take less metres and more impact from him. He’s gone a bit soft I preferred him
When he was reckless and got suspended more often.
Can you add the dumb errors and penalties he makes per game too. No point making 15 metres and mucking the play the ball or throwing it off the ground when the tackle was completed.

His heart isn't in it. Good riddance. Hasn't been good for a few years. Rather Paseka get more game time

Staff online

• lsz
    First Grader
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18