[Resurrected] Taupau being shopped?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Sad to see him go, have been a huge Kapow fan since his arrival and even these past few years I've still wanted him in the side. Has been a great leader for the younger ones coming through both on and off the field.
He has struggled after his two head knocks of which he has bleed for our team,I wish well if this is what he wants and hopefully he gets the squeels super fund payout.
Thank you for your service champion !

Marty is a top class player when the mood takes him.

Unfortunately though he is also a top class source of frustration. Inevitably if he is on the field when Manly score, sometime in our very next set he will either knock on or push a not needed offload, both of which usually end in a turnover and lately has actually seen the opposition score!!!

The way Paseka, Bullemor, Keppie, De Luis and even Boyle went last night, along with Aloiai and Sips I think we're OK for front rowers. And don't forget ... there is also Jake.

Yes it would be sad to see Marty go, especially to the Worms. But life and football moves on.
Come on, Boyle, Keppie, De Luis. They are back up at best. Marty still offers a lot more than those.

Im ok with letting him go next year and find a suitable replacement but while we are still a chance of making the 8 I would keep him. Season is not over yet and what if we lose a couple of props to injury in the coming weeks

Come on, Boyle, Keppie, De Luis. They are back up at best. Marty still offers a lot more than those.

Im ok with letting him go next year and find a suitable replacement but while we are still a chance of making the 8 I would keep him. Season is not over yet and what if we lose a couple of props to injury in the coming weeks
He does and purely on a team front I'd keep him to finish the year.

That said, we arent offering him a deal and if by going now Marty gets anextra year or 2 from parra then I'd let him go.

He has been a great servant for us a deserves the opportunity

Should not impact a contract for 2023 if we finishes with us or leaves early.

If parra want him for 2023 they will offer him a contract. Would not let him go with our season on the line.

Yeah, we have some props but they are plodders except for paeska and Josh A. Marty hasn't been that bad, we would definitely need a signing for 2023 IMO.

Surely with Foran, Marty, Walker and a few others leaving going there is some cap space. Still lacking in the go forward department. Davey has been pretty good of late and he is leaving as well.

Should not impact a contract for 2023 if we finishes with us or leaves early.

If parra want him for 2023 they will offer him a contract. Would not let him go with our season on the line.

Yeah, we have some props but they are plodders except for paeska and Josh A. Marty hasn't been that bad, we would definitely need a signing for 2023 IMO.

Surely with Foran, Marty, Walker and a few others leaving going there is some cap space. Still lacking in the go forward department. Davey has been pretty good of late and he is leaving as well.
Hope Davey stays. Someone mentioned today that the deal with parra is not set in stone and we are trying to keep him.

Why the Sea Eagles will dig their heels in on Taupau’s release request​

By Adam Pengilly

July 29, 2022 — Manly are likely to dig their heels in by not releasing Martin Taupau from the rest of his contract to join rivals Parramatta - because he could line up against the Sea Eagles days later.

Taupau, 32, added to the Sea Eagles’ turbulent week when he requested an immediate exit to link with fellow top-eight contenders the Eels, who are due to play Manly at 4 Pines Park next Friday night.

According to sources familiar with the situation, the Sea Eagles are reluctant to grant Taupau his wish to find a new home with five weeks of the regular season left as they fight for a finals spot.

There would be benefits to a release for the Sea Eagles, who would save money on their salary cap if a rival club picks up Taupau’s tab for the rest of the contracting period until October 31. They could use the money to help front pay a player - or players - to alleviate stress on next year’s salary cap.

But the draw complicates matters as it pits Manly against Parramatta at Brookvale next week.

If the Sea Eagles are to be any chance - however slim - of sneaking into the finals, they would have to beat the Eels at home next week. Losing one of their most experienced players to a team they are chasing in the top-eight race would be hard to fathom.
Martin Taupau has requested a release from the rest of his Manly contract.

Martin Taupau has requested a release from the rest of his Manly contract.CREDIT:GETTY

The clubs could discuss an agreement where the Sea Eagles release Taupau before the August 1 deadline, but stipulate he doesn’t play against them four days later. That would give him only four regular season games with the Eels and any potential finals.

Manly will welcome back seven players - Jason Saab, Tolu Koula, Toafofoa Sipley, Haumole Olakau’atu, Christian Tuipulotu, Josh Aloiai and Josh Schuster - for the clash against the Eels after they all missed Thursday night’s loss to the Roosters due to a boycott of the club’s inclusivity jersey.

Taupau is without a deal for next year and is on the hunt for a new home. The Eels might offer him the chance to play a 14th NRL season.

The Eels are hoping to bolster their bench rotation and view Taupau as a potentially solid addition to complement a power game built behind by State of Origin props Junior Paulo and Reagan Campbell-Gillard.

Just let him go. 200k can go a long way for next year. If we make finals this year good chance we get knocked out first week anyway. Bite the bullet and build a better roster for next year. Because we're gonna need one, if we really want to contest for a premiership

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11