Taupau on the move ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought Gorman confirmed at the members meeting he's a crucial part of our squad. Des Hasler himself re-affirmed it. Taupau himself has stated his desire to remain, and scoffs at the numerous rumours. His partner confirms it on Twitter. Roosters coach confirms they haven't spoken to him, nor can afford him.

I'm not sure what else he has to say or do, to stop these rumours? It's embarrassing.

Silvertails must want it written in Taupaus blood.

Roosters coach confirms they haven't spoken to him, nor can afford him.

Now that doesn’t mean much! (But your other points hold weight.)

When it comes to Marty, pretty much every club would be interested in him. You can imagine that journos would call their contacts at clubs and ask “who are you interested in if they become available?” Then, there’s the story.

Notwithstanding the club’s statements and Marty’s statements, I take these to be statements of current intentions that hold until there is a change in circumstances.

So, I have no doubt that Marty is currently starting prop on Dessie’s clipboard, but that can change. For example, there will be a ripple effect if Klemmer goes to the Knights and Napa goes to the dogs in 2019 as reported. If this eventuates, I expect the Roosters to make a play at Marty (I know i would) and if their offer is juicy enough, he could be enticed away. It’s what happened when he came to Manly.

It’s all speculation and I know that is what infuriates you when you have public statements from the club and Marty himself. I too hate reading this stuff about our players (but love reading it when the story is about a gun player from another club coming to Manly). That’s the game unfortunately.

I'm just hoping he goes now. Plain and simple, he really doesn't want to be here and on 900k it's an easy equation.
Money best spent else where for mine. No one is bigger than the club
Predict your 1st place after one win somewhere else

If in fact Marty and his partner have been taken on a tour of the facilities at the Leeds Rhinos then he's not sight seeing. It doesn't sound like he wants to stay at Manly and is actively looking elsewhere. if he doesn't want to he here and the Rhinos are willing to pay his full freight then it's a sweet deal in my book. Then we can go after Klemmer who curiously hasn't signed with the Knights yet.

I'm just hoping he goes now. Plain and simple, he really doesn't want to be here and on 900k it's an easy equation.
Money best spent else where for mine. No one is bigger than the club
Predict your 1st place after one win somewhere else
I think it is a bit bold to say he doesn’t want to be at Manly - he has never publicly said anything of the sort. And in fairness to Marty, even if he did, all this speculation about him being on the move started after the club was “secretly” shopping him around during the year (some with inside info (ok claim to have inside info as I have no idea if they do) on here said as much). What a way to make a guy who puts in week after week feel loved and appreciated.
I would be happy for him to keep his predictions to himself though.

Personally have zero inside information to these rumours or his intentions.
Have seen him in candid interviews and the big bloke speaks from the heart and "seems" to pull no punches...which I respect.
Have seen him mention on a few occasions that he is his own "brand" and though he will bust his butt for whoever he represents - is very much his own man.
I personally don't mind this, but prefer that team mentality of the great 'Beaver", (which is rare tbh) but everyone is different and noone can deny Kapow has added 1 of few positives ON the field in recent seasons.
Would not be the slightest surprised if he did leave due to the above factors, but will only be to a Massive money opportunity and that's where the English Super league does make sense.
The rumours will continue due to Kapows open mind where as mentioned, he represents himself first as a product....and will chase the best possible outcome for his worth - good luck to him.

This is all a rumor and nothing more. Marty, Des, and Gorman have all come out previously and said he's staying.

Marty's partner works for the NRL in community relations and most likely went to Headingly (with Marty) for work.

If it is on twitter then it must be true

Zorba's Manly Daily column last saturday said that Marty wasn't going anywhere and neither was AFB, Paseka and Sipley

I think that Zorba would know more about players at the club that most

Last edited:
There has always been noise around Tapau being traded or seeking other opportunities etc
If the right one comes up and it suits Manly commercially, he will be gone.
My mail is that he is being given space to seek such opportunities, which is fine. But if nothing suitable is on offer, he will come back and get back into the Manly spirit no problem. This player trading is a two way street, and both the club and Marty will be out for the best outcome. Stay tuned!
Mail as in "social media"?

If in fact Marty and his partner have been taken on a tour of the facilities at the Leeds Rhinos then he's not sight seeing. It doesn't sound like he wants to stay at Manly and is actively looking elsewhere. if he doesn't want to he here and the Rhinos are willing to pay his full freight then it's a sweet deal in my book. Then we can go after Klemmer who curiously hasn't signed with the Knights yet.

The tour of Headingly would be the same one Rhino’s CEO took our 2012 WCC tour on.

Mainly a tour of the famous cricket ground , but also the football section as well.

I’d be thinking he’d take the whole team, as he did when we were there ( plus us).

Poaching players would probably be the last thing on Gary Hetherington’s mind, lovely guy , and a big help to me in organising both the 2009 and 2012 tours.

Or, he took the opportunity to view it in preparation for a 2020 tilt at the ESL. Easier to drop in now than try and fit in a trip through 2019, prior to making a decision.

Just putting this out there. But is this a case of a player trying to find leverage? If my contract was up for renewal why would you be putting it out there that Manly's next offer needs to be better because I have other options. At the same time I still say he will be at Manly and next season he'll be a lion in attack because just been dropped Kiwi's so he's going to have to be better to be worth the big bucks. Suggesting Klemmer as a possible replacement I'm not sure about due to age his / performance being patchy?
Just some thoughts from a mad man.

C197C191-57DA-4E5C-ACEF-5D63085105A3.jpeg

Or, he took the opportunity to view it in preparation for a 2020 tilt at the ESL. Easier to drop in now than try and fit in a trip through 2019, prior to making a decision.
Good point. is it possible he plays a full season with Manly in 2019 and joins Leeds at the end of 2019? Still stacks up with ‘see you next season’. May be win/win for all parties.

Marty Taupau on the move?

With Leeds securing the services of Panthers’ lock Trent Merrin, they are unlikely to make a move for Taupau as well.

However, Taupau is believed to be reluctant to work with new Manly coach Des Hasler, after the pair clashed at the Bulldogs.

Hasler has the burden of Manly’s salary cap issues to contend with, so offloading Taupau’s hefty contract would ease some cap pressure.

Taupau is coming of a career best season in terms of run metres and would be a handy addition to a number of NRL clubs.

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/ap...78b133e510edaa7e98b?__twitter_impression=true

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8