Team for 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
At the top of my head you only have Tommy T ( Mona vale) and James Parker ( Beacon Hill ). and Mitch Thomas ( Narraweena ) Thats all. Riley Travers played for Berowra ( Northern Suburbs Comp )
So not one player in today's 20s line up is local . That's a shame

Last edited:
So not one player in today's line up is local . That's a shame

True, but:

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Steve Matai (who wont play today)
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic (who IS local)
09. Matt Ballin
13. Blake Leary

Have never played for other 1st grade clubs, so pur nursery is sound.

Theres not many if any quality signings left on the market this year but next year you have :

, Paul Carter, Greg Eastwood, , Luciano Leilua, Luke Lewis, Corey Parker, J, , Glenn Stewart Kenny Bromwich, Nathan Brown, George Burgess, , Thomas Burgess, , Charlie Gubb, David Hala, Sam Hoare, Dan Hunt, David Klemmer, , Sam Moa, , Junior Paulo, Nathaniel Peteru, Andy Saunders, , James Tamou, Martin Taupau, Dave Taylor, , Jarrod Wallace, , Tim Browne, Boyd Cordner, Ben Creagh, Mitchell Frei, Matt Gillett, Chris Grevsmuhl, Ben Henry, Chris Houston, Josh Jackson, Shaun Lane, , Sione Lousi, Ethan Lowe, , Chris McQueen, Willis Meehan, Marata Niukore, , Josh Papalii, Matt Robinson, Robbie Rochow, Tariq Sims, , , Sauaso Sue, Kelepi Tanginoa, Joseph Tapine, , Tony Williams, Isaah Yeo

all off contract...so do you blood some young guns and wait till next year and make a play for the likes of Chris Grevsmuhl, josh papali, matt gillett, martin taupau, george burgess, tom burgess, or overspend for a signing this year and not have enough money left next year.

I see a further clean out happening next year, with the idea to go after quality signings in 2016 (to come to Manly in 2017)

Looking at Manly's possible side for 2016, we are still off the pace of top 4 sides imo, hopefully we extend the contracts of our young guns, get rid of the deadwood to clear salary cap for some astute signings next year. Looking at that list above, some good names on there - but will demand top dollar.

Addison Demetriou is a must. So, too some of the other juniors who are a cut above the rest in the lower grades.

Develop, dont acquire. Weve done it so well in the past.

Addison Demetriou is a must. So, too some of the other juniors who are a cut above the rest in the lower grades.

Develop, dont acquire. Weve done it so well in the past.

Looking at the past 8-10 years of recent time when we have been very successful, how many of those players have been brought through the Manly junior ranks, and how many were brought over to Manly from other clubs? Very little from the juniors

Looking at the past 8-10 years of recent time when we have been very successful, how many of those players have been brought through the Manly junior ranks, and how many were brought over to Manly from other clubs? Very little...

Yep, and those players gone onto much bigger things. Buhrer, DCE, JWH, Lussick, Foran, Stewart (s), Choc, goes on and on and on.

Wawrick has certainly harvested a great foundation.

Yep, and those players gone onto much bigger things. Buhrer, DCE, JWH, Lussick, Foran, Stewart (s), Choc, goes on and on and on.

JWH, Foran, Choc and to a degree DCE from that list above from Manly's junior ranks - but there must be over 30-40 players players attained from other clubs and then developed further by Manly - including the stewart's. Think we need to hold onto the young guns like the turbos at all costs, but bringing in quality players is also needed. Jamie Lyon for example, how good has he been? Same when we poached Kite, Kennedy etc Buhrer was a parramatta junior by the way

You can scrap Lussick off that list. Worst forward in the game. If you have watched parra games of late he has let very soft tries in with some real slow lethargic defence and gets dominated on his back every hit up. Such a sh**thouse player.

You can scrap Lussick off that list. Worst forward in the game. If you have watched parra games of late he has let very soft tries in with some real slow lethargic defence and gets dominated on his back every hit up. Such a sh**thouse player.
Agree

Our recruitment for next has been crap.

Myles is on the downhill slide, Brown is a plodder and Lussick is worse. Api may be Ok but if we sign McCrone then we have hit rock bottom

I'm sure we aren't done with our signings yet and hope theres at least one or two more big names.

But as depth signings I really hope the club take a look at Suaia Matagi and Adam Docker.

Im looking for some assistance from Manly supporters and JakeT fans.Rugby League Week,a once credible publication I used to buy every week 15 yrs ago until it turned into more of a gossip magazine,has a "Rising Rookie" award.Every week they nominate a player for their award but as yet JakeT has not been nominated.Not even last week after his cracker against the Warriors.Roosters winger Brendan Elliot,really?The majority of the players nominated are flashy backs with no substance,not including TomT of course.The criteria for the award is 10 games or less before 2015.And if they use the excuse that JakeT played in 2013,Jake Granville is nominated and he too debuted in 2013. I've contacted RLW,The Mole and John Dean,digital editor of RLW,by Twitter to ask why he hasn't been nominated but RLW and John Dean have ignored me and The Mole put me onto John Dean.So I'm hoping more Manly fans contact RLW to get an explanation for this travesty.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6