Team List : Round 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Who does hasson have pictures of that makes him get picked each week
Lurker, you are only new so I'll tell you.

There are pictures about of the coaching staff and a goat, certain players have them and threaten to put them on Twitter unless they are picked.

Luke Williamson started it, and apparently bought the first goat!!

Im guessing Horo is cover for Symonds.

I don't get the persistence with Hasson either and I'm happy to complain loudly about his selection. My complaining did work well when he was brought on at Brookie in a crucial time v the riff last year and I had to stop bagging him to cheer as he dived over for a try.

Lurker, you are only new so I'll tell you.

There are pictures about of the coaching staff and a goat, certain players have them and threaten to put them on Twitter unless they are picked.

Luke Williamson started it, and apparently bought the first goat!!
Lol I liked Williamson. He was a good honest toiler. It nearly auto corrected to toilet

Lol I liked Williamson. He was a good honest toiler. It nearly auto corrected to toilet
Well there are certain players who have the goat photos, Gower had them before he went to the Eels AND the one and only Chris Bailey had a room full of goat photos!!

Getting serious for a moment, it's actually a pretty good team and looking at the Eels there's not much to be petrified of!!

However ALL comes down to attitude.

Getting serious for a moment, it's actually a pretty good team and looking at the Eels there's not much to be petrified of!!

However ALL comes down to attitude.
I think it's a very good team. I would have liked to see vave get a run at the expense of hasson

I am also on the hasson haters bandwagon, but otherwise looks like a good team. I doubt it will be the final one though.

Sea Eagles
1 Brett Stewart
2 Clinton Gutherson
3 Jamie Lyon (c)
4 Steve Matai
5 Peta Hiku
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Josh Starling
9 Matt Ballin
10 Brenton Lawrence
11 Feleti Mateo
12 Tom Symonds
13 Jamie Burher

Interchange
14 Jesse Sene-Lefao
15 Willie Mason
16 Dunamis Lui
17 Luke Burgess
18 Justin Horo

Coach: Geoff Toovey

This is likely what we would have gone with at full strength with all players available for round 1 based on the team that was named this week.

Trbojevic shouldn't be thrown into the deep end so early in the season....given time and gradually introduced through the season here's hoping he becomes a valuable contributor come the end of season games.
Less pressure at the start of the season; I actually think it's the perfect time to put him in.

Regardless of the argument is he currently a prop? or a second rower who will develop into a prop in the future, with that starting side I am gunna suggest Hasson's position on that bench is very safe. He's the only one who is any chance of playing both. It's a good side. I like that we are starting with 3 props like we finished the year off with. Add Mateo's size to just roam around ... I can't wait.

The real talking point for mine is Leary. I was expecting him to get games during the year. But if he's already infront of Horo and has the opportunity to cement a spot with a couple of good showings early on. He must have been super impressive during pre-season. Good luck to the young lad.

JUst please use all your players on the bench Toov's.

Regardless of the argument is he currently a prop? or a second rower who will develop into a prop in the future, with that starting side I am gunna suggest Hasson's position on that bench is very safe. He's the only one who is any chance of playing both. It's a good side. I like that we are starting with 3 props like we finished the year off with. Add Mateo's size to just roam around ... I can't wait.

The real talking point for mine is Leary. I was expecting him to get games during the year. But if he's already infront of Horo and has the opportunity to cement a spot with a couple of good showings early on. He must have been super impressive during pre-season. Good luck to the young lad.

JUst please use all your players on the bench Toov's.
It's the accountant in him he tries to avoid one match fee each week@:p

Strong line up with more size than we had available last year.

Disappointed to see Hasson selected over Turbo as I would have preferred another prop on the bench. I'll have to give Hasson the benefit of the doubt seeing as it's the first official game of the season.

I think quite a few of us have earmarked Gutherson for a centre position if Tom T eventually takes over from Stewart. His selection there makes a little sense.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4