Team List Tuesdays ... Should be a ripper.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don't get the Croker to lock push.

Sure, he is good defensively and he could ball play a little but lets not forget lock is still a middle forward. Your best locks in Yeo, Murray, Carrigan go forward plus have solid defense and have a pass.

I dont see croker taking 10 plus hitups and making 100 plus metres.

Our edges aren't big yardage guys so croker at lock leaves yardage simply to our two props.

Crazy IMO

Sure, he is good defensively and he could ball play a little but lets not forget lock is still a middle forward. Your best locks in Yeo, Murray, Carrigan go forward plus have solid defense and have a pash.

Our edges aren't big yardage guys so croker at lock leaves yardage simply to our two props.

Crazy IMO
His best spot is Blacktown or the Super League. Hard working guy who gives his all but not good enough to be steering the ship at NRL level.

1 Turbo /Weekes
2 Saab
3 Koula
4 Parker
6 Shu/ Humphries
7 Chez
8 Paseka
9 Croker
10 Jake/ Keppie
11 Oka
12 Burbo
13 Lawton

14 Gordon
15 Samuel
16 Bully
17 Woods/ Keppie/ Toff

Needs a 14 round break in my honest opinion. Just don't see what so many apprently do? In his time with us I feel i could count on one hand the good games and unfortunately I dint have enough fingers and toes to count the piss poor.
His first season was a cracker, since then he's picked up a lot of assorted injuries that have cruelled his time here.

Sure, he is good defensively and he could ball play a little but lets not forget lock is still a middle forward. Your best locks in Yeo, Murray, Carrigan go forward plus have solid defense and have a pass.

Crazy IMO
I guess Im trying to cut him some slack for his defensive abilities, but its really getting to the point where he needs to step up his game. I can't remember the last time he had a really good game...it seems like eons ago. Some of the underperforming players are somewhat shielded from all the focus being on Turbo's performance every week.

1 Turbo
2 Saab
3 Garrick
4 Koula
5 Varga
6 Shuster
7 DCE
8 Paseka
9 Croker
10 Jake T
11 Haumole
12 Burbo
13 Bully

14 Gordon
15. Fainu
16 Sipley
17 Woods/Keppie/Lawton

We need more tackle machines like Jake. When he's out DCE made most tackles. Pathetic from our forwards who played big minutes. Bully and Burbo are hard workers.

Parker is awful tines up. Vaega will bring that energy he had against storm. It's infectious and will add aggression needed. Time for Gordy. No excuses now. He's available.

Not expecting mass changes outside of the injuries, Jurbo comes straight in for Aloiai and Schu back in for the spud at 6, Bully to replace Tuilagi on the edge even though we've all worked out he's better in the middle. Might at least see some newer faces like Fainu and Condon on the bench this week out of pure necessity.

Croker and Parker are untouchable at the moment and barring injury they are automatic selections. Seibold is heading down the Des path and will be digging his own grave if he keeps picking these blokes after repeated poor performances

Would like to see Condon squeeze in on the bench, has played a dozen or so NRL games so won't be overawed.

Not expecting mass changes outside of the injuries, Jurbo comes straight in for Aloiai and Schu back in for the spud at 6, Bully to replace Tuilagi on the edge even though we've all worked out he's better in the middle. Might at least see some newer faces like Fainu and Condon on the bench this week out of pure necessity.

Croker and Parker are untouchable at the moment and barring injury they are automatic selections. Seibold is heading down the Des path and will be digging his own grave if he keeps picking these blokes after repeated poor performances
1684200518254.jpeg

In 6 months time Seibold will prolly get the sack then Penn will prolly have Cartwright as the head coach to complete the trifecta.

I guess Im trying to cut him some slack for his defensive abilities, but its really getting to the point where he needs to step up his game. I can't remember the last time he had a really good game...it seems like eons ago. Some of the underperforming players are somewhat shielded from all the focus being on Turbo's performance every week.
Can I throw it out there that we massively overate Crokers defensive ability.

Dont get me wrong, he is a good defender but his is not some sort of defensive rock.

He has a tackle efficiency of 86% that rates him 23rd of players who have played hooker at NRL level this year.

So 23rd best defensive hooker based on tackle efficiency.

Now if your arguement is his huge defensive workload, well he is only 10th for hookers in terms of average tackles per game.

He is equal 3rd though for average missed tackles per game with 3 per match.

Now if we want to compare him with his Manly cohort. He actually has only the 11th best tackle efficiency. He does have the 2nd most tackles but also the most missed.

This is not to bag his defence, as he is a pretty good defender but the way people talk his defense you would think he is top tier and he certainly is not

Last edited:
It's been mentioned elsewhere, but I would consider Croker at lock. His defence is a major plus for the team, and there's far less focus and pressure on him there, compared to dummy half. That could see the end of those critical errors, IMO. He is obviously much more competent at passing in general compared to Bully, which is a pretty important part of contemporary lock.
I'd give the poor bloke a couple of weeks off if we could He looks shot at the moment) and then try him at 13. But realistically, neither will happen.

Dont get me wrong, he is a goid defender but his is not some sort of defensive rock.

He has a tackle efficiency of 86% that rates him 23rd of players who have played hooker at NRL level this year.

Now if your arguement is his huge defensive workload, well he is only 10th for hookers in terms of average tackles per game.

Now if we want to compare him with his Manly cohort. He actually has only the 11th best tackle efficiency. He does have the 2nd most tackles but also the most missed.

This is not to bag his defence, as he is a pretty good defender but the way people talk his defense you would think he is top tier and he certainly is not
I'm glad you tried to tackle that issue Disco, coz now I just have a headache. :eek:

Dont get me wrong, he is a goid defender but his is not some sort of defensive rock.

he seems to have been injured in game 1 and struggled since
he can also put on a shot and people dig that **** and lifts your defensive reputation.same thing probably kept keppie in the picture

i wonder how his stats compare to last season and if injury hs played a part . it seems his shoulder or upper arm area has been the trouble spot and that can affect defence

the other consideration is how he fills in laterally for a team full of planks and that he almost always records a miss jumping out early and trying to chop down a runner from dummy half and thats always a 50/50 and worth a go

Nice post. good hunch i presume

he seems to have been injured in game 1 and struggled since
he can also put on a shot and people dig that **** and lifts your defensive reputation.same thing probably kept keppie in the picture

i wonder how his stats compare to last season and if injury hs played a part . it seems his shoulder or upper arm area has been the trouble spot and that can affect defence

the other consideration is how he fills in laterally for a team full of planks and that he almost always records a miss jumping out early and trying to chop down a runner from dummy half and thats always a 50/50 and worth a go

Nice post. good hunch i presume
He's not a 9. end of story.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8