Team List Tuesdays ... Should be a ripper.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

danny-boy

Reserve Grader
Okay things are looking positive they got rid of one dead wood in Keppie. Now they need to get rid of the other dead wood Parker next.

StuBoot

Bencher
I'm not sure Sipley has played much for blacktown at all and has been used as 18th man for first grade. He went okay on the weekend but Woods is probably more match fit. Doesn't have the ball stealing ability though that's for sure.
I thought the same last week but went through the previous teamlists
Rd 1 - CKT
Rd 3 - Lawton
Rd 4 - Sipley
Rd 5 - Lawton
Rd 6 - Fainu

It's a juggle for coaches, having someone who's ready to play that most likely won't yet not wanting it to be the same player each week.

This week Keppie is #18 but you'd think if he was left out he'd go back to reggies (Sunday?) for a run especially with Woods and Sipley in the 17

Last edited:

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'm not sure Sipley has played much for blacktown at all and has been used as 18th man for first grade. He went okay on the weekend but Woods is probably more match fit. Doesn't have the ball stealing ability though that's for sure.

You'd be wrong.
Sips has played Workers bar 1, maybe 2, games from my scattered memory.

Eagle 1

First Grader
Interesting that Schuster is listed in the reserves, maybe giving him a chance to be picked for Friday night. I believe they can pick players out of the reserve list on game day.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Ray-Ray gets another shot.
I was hoping Jake Toby would get a run.
His time will come. His train and trial has been extended. He quit his job
as an electrician to focus full time on nailing a shot in first grade.
Definitely one to watch.

Oh fantastic.. he is a first grader,albeit in a small body, but unlikely to get a shot here.

I hope he makes it, if not here, then elsewhere.

Guys like him deserve success.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Interesting that Schuster is listed in the reserves, maybe giving him a chance to be picked for Friday night. I believe they can pick players out of the reserve list on game day.
I reckon he’ll come in at the last minute.

D

Deleted member 26876

If no Schu it's a good chance for Johns to stand up. I think he will go well against his old team, but I also get the feeling that Schu will get pushed into the starting lineup whether he's fully fit or not.

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
Seibold is facing the same problem Des faced: sure, he can drop players if they don’t perform, but who does he replace them with, and what do you do when the whole team is playing like busteds, to use the rugby league vernacular.

Anyway, much like the appointment of Seibold in the first place, it’s probably better to change something, so in that case, happy to see Toff and Woods given a go. From what I’ve seen, at least Toff has been having a go in the reggies.

D

Deleted member 26876

Seibold is facing the same problem Des faced: sure, he can drop players if they don’t perform, but who does he replace them with, and what do you do when the whole team is playing like busteds, to use the rugby league vernacular.

Anyway, much like the appointment of Seibold in the first place, it’s probably better to change something, so in that case, happy to see Toff and Woods given a go. From what I’ve seen, at least Toff has been having a go in the reggies.
Im glad to see the change of adding forwards back onto the bench. Even though forced by injury this has been needed for some weeks.

But at the same time any change isn’t neccessarily good change. One of the issues at the Broncos was that he gave up on players far, far too easily and made erratic changes. If us fans got our way every week it would be the same. I am a bit worried we started to see this last week with the random Weekes to 5/8 call against penrith, instead of the expected stand in of Johns. Weekes was doing great at fullback in pre-season, and as a roaming utility in recent games, but I don’t see the point in throwing him in the firing line against the best side in the comp.

It essentially killed two birds with one stone too, shooting down Johns’ chance to make up for his first poor 40 minutes of the year the week prior.

Now every man and his dog thinks Weekes a) isnt a half (perhaps some truth), or b) is a pretender. Big change from being the messiah only a week earlier (off the back of a string of solid performances)

I feel for Johns. I initially didn’t like his signing but I hope he has a good game if he plays.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Disagree h2727 totally . Weekes needs to be in the team. To drop him now would be a bad confidence issue. He's played well up to last week. Why would you drop him? He wasnt bad last weekend he just wasnt good. He's no pretender, just as Tom Wright was no pretender and we stuffed that one up big time. Players MUST have time on the field to develop their skill. One game DOES NOT MAKE A PLAYER. Otherwise as I suggested elsewhere Peter Sterling would never have played first grade again after his first game if we took that suggestion.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Im glad to see the change of adding forwards back onto the bench. Even though forced by injury this has been needed for some weeks.

But at the same time any change isn’t neccessarily good change. One of the issues at the Broncos was that he gave up on players far, far too easily and made erratic changes. If us fans got our way every week it would be the same. I am a bit worried we started to see this last week with the random Weekes to 5/8 call against penrith, instead of the expected stand in of Johns. Weekes was doing great at fullback in pre-season, and as a roaming utility in recent games, but I don’t see the point in throwing him in the firing line against the best side in the comp.

It essentially killed two birds with one stone too, shooting down Johns’ chance to make up for his first poor 40 minutes of the year the week prior.

Now every man and his dog thinks Weekes a) isnt a half (perhaps some truth), or b) is a pretender. Big change from being the messiah only a week earlier (off the back of a string of solid performances)

I feel for Johns. I initially didn’t like his signing but I hope he has a good game if he plays.
Who’d be a coach , would be an absolute **** of a job , although they do earn a few $$$

D

Deleted member 26876

Agree, and at the end of the day even the best coach cannot control how a team will play and/or respond to the coaching

We tend to get too excited for change just for the sake of change. Although that’s not saying certain players don’t need to be weeded out.. We all know the crop im talking about..

But a coach hopefully won’t be as abrasive when it comes to dropping/introducing players. The key is to drop the struggling ones when there is someone better to replace them!

It’s a tough gig

Who’d be a coach , would be an absolute **** of a job , although they do earn a few $$$

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Agree, and at the end of the day even the best coach cannot control how a team will play and/or respond to the coaching

We tend to get too excited for change just for the sake of change. Although that’s not saying certain players don’t need to be weeded out.. We all know the crop im talking about..

But a coach should still take care when dropping/introducing players :0

It’s a tough gig
Very , and a coach can only work with what he has , regardless.

That said Bellamy seems to be the master of getting more out of average players than anyone , I think it’s the system they have down there , possibly instigated by him but otherwise it’s their football manager.

D

Deleted member 26876

Very , and a coach can only work with what he has , regardless.

That said Bellamy seems to be the master of getting more out of average players than anyone , I think it’s the system they have down there , possibly instigated by him but otherwise it’s their football manager.
Yeah bellamy can but seeing the Dolphins start really puts in perspective how good/gritty that Storm forward pack was over their last however many years. Now they have Munster being crazily influential. Without him they were pretty dire and all bellamy could do was yell, bit his lip, hope for the 2 points and wait for Munster. He totally changes their energy/effort, so competitive. That’s a type of player we lack with trbo not 100%

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yeah bellamy can but seeing the Dolphins start really puts in perspective how good/gritty that Storm forward pack was over their last however many years. Now they have Munster being crazily influential. Without him they were pretty dire and all bellamy could do was yell, bit his lip, hope for the 2 points and wait for Munster. He totally changed their energy/effort
They’ve always relied upon a couple of superstar players.

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 26 15