Team Lists

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
you all are having yourselves on we are no chance against a full strength saints...there forwards will set the platform for there backs.we are GONEEEEE...they will put 50 on us easily....we might start strong but after half time we are *****D

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Referees: Jared Maxwell and Jason Robinson
Sideline Officials: David Abood and Luke Potter
Video Referee: Paul Simpkins
Standby Referee: Alan Shortall
Standby Sideline Official: Grant Atkins

Well at we don't have either Cecchin, Hayne or Bill Harrigan as the refs, guess thats something.

1.Hoppa
2.Robbo
3.T Rex
4.Lyon
5.Oldfield
6.Hodkinson
7.DCE
8.Kite
9.Ballin
10.Perry
11.Watmough
12.Gulavao
13.Bhurer

14.Rose
15.Bailey
16.Cunningham
17.Cross

At least T-Rex will be fresh after having the week off against the Dogs.

3 tackles and 3 runs for 31 metres.

T rex at 5/8 in attack could be such a left field idea that it might work.

Scenrio 1: T rex on the right one on one will make good metres or a line break

Scenario 2: T rex gets manned up on with 2 - 3 and passes to lyon 1 on 1, winger is away

Kicking is questionable - maybe can sway with lyon throughout the game.

T-Rex terrorized opposition players last year when he played 5/8 for scse. It'd be the best way to isolate Soward in defence off a scrum play.

someone at the TAB is listening to you blokes thinking we can win.we only get 10.5 start.

as a deperate i would never bet against us but that is like taking a candy from a baby.we have won 2 from our last 8,are playing poorly and wounded and have half a team against the number 1 side at full strength.i will be very proud if we get within 20.

money for old rope but i just can't do it.

Manly puts out the call

Steve Zemek | 8th September 2010

SCN_08-09-2010_BACK_PAGE_01_1941031j_t325.jpg

Vic Mauro.

THE season may be over for the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles, but four members of the Queensland Cup side could still find themselves taking the field this weekend.

Halves Daly Cherry-Evans and Terrence Seu Seu, utility Jamie Buhrer and forward Vic Mauro have been named on an extended seven-man bench for feeder club Manly, which on Sunday has a semi-final showdown with the Dragons.

The Sunshine Coast was eliminated from the Q-Cup last Saturday by Mackay.

Manly will be without Steve Matai and Jason King for its clash, both players being suspended by the NRL judiciary for dangerous tackles against the Bulldogs.

Test back-rower Anthony Watmough (ankle), Matt Ballin (concussion), Brent Kite (collarbone), Joe Galuvao (groin), Keiran Foran (shoulder) and Jamie Lyon (ankle) are also under injury clouds.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2010/09/08/manly-puts-out-the-call-sea-eagles-jamie-buhrer/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry Dan for not posting this as an article but I couldn't really see the point of giving it it's own thread as I thought that it was more relevant to be placed in this one.

I actually think it's not that bad a side considering everyone that will be out. There are a few points i would like to make though.

1. If T-rex or Bailey are put in the centres it will be a blood bath. We know T-rex struggles defensively there, and i have seen Bailey caught out countless times when he has filled in the centres. The two centres should be Lyon and Farrar. Facing Cooper and Gasnier is no easy task and i think we don't have any other players that can match them other then Lyon and Farrar with the team we have available.

2. Bailey is our only ball playing forward left. Given Stewart is out, it only makes sense that he slots in at Lock. It will fit into our structure better then another player.

3. Foran is gone. And considering our attacking options are severely depleted, i don't see any sense in putting T-rex at 5/8. The simple fact is we need to score points, and we need ball players. I actually have no problem with DCE coming in. Yes he is a rookie, young and has no experience, and his first game may well be a final, but i really see no other option. The Dragons will put points on us, there is no doubt about that. The question is will we score more points? We need as many attacking players in key positions as possible, and given our injures/suspensions, my thought is that he could be an x-factor. The Dragons have no idea who he is and that could work to our advantage.

The team i'd pick if available:

1. Hopoate
2. Robertson
3. Lyon
4. Farrar
5. Williams
6. Cherry-Evans
7. Hodkinson
8. Kite
9. Ballin
10. Perry
11. Watmough
12. Galuvao
13. Bailey

14. Seu Seu
15. Cross
16. Rose
17. Buhrer

T-Rex killed it in QLD cup in that position in all of about 2 games.

Not because he is a good 5/8 but because he is a big unit, he just ran over the top of the smaller guys.

We still would have won the grand final etc with soemone else there, because he also stunted a lot of play.

I still don't understand how he got man of the match in the SCSE grand final last year when LeStrange was heads, shoulders and sky scrapers above everyone else. He was clearly the best on the field and kept them moving.

Fifi in 5/8 for this week would be the biggest Fail of all time, and we would be the laughing stock of the NRL

Junior Palau is the only top 25 contracted player not to be included in the list.

Sounds like it is true that he might also be off to the roosters next year

abnc link said:
2. Bailey is our only ball playing forward left.

Surely you mean that in the loosest possible way yeah?

abnc link said:
I actually think it's not that bad a side considering everyone that will be out. There are a few points i would like to make though.

1. If T-rex or Bailey are put in the centres it will be a blood bath. We know T-rex struggles defensively there, and i have seen Bailey caught out countless times when he has filled in the centres. The two centres should be Lyon and Farrar. Facing Cooper and Gasnier is no easy task and i think we don't have any other players that can match them other then Lyon and Farrar with the team we have available.

2. Bailey is our only ball playing forward left. Given Stewart is out, it only makes sense that he slots in at Lock. It will fit into our structure better then another player.

3. Foran is gone. And considering our attacking options are severely depleted, i don't see any sense in putting T-rex at 5/8. The simple fact is we need to score points, and we need ball players. I actually have no problem with DCE coming in. Yes he is a rookie, young and has no experience, and his first game may well be a final, but i really see no other option. The Dragons will put points on us, there is no doubt about that. The question is will we score more points? We need as many attacking players in key positions as possible, and given our injures/suspensions, my thought is that he could be an x-factor. The Dragons have no idea who he is and that could work to our advantage.

1. Hopoate
2. Robertson
3. Lyon
4. Farrar
5. Williams
6. Cherry-Evans
7. Hodkinson
8. Kite
9. Ballin
10. Perry
11. Watmough
12. Galuvao
13. Bailey

14. Seu Seu
15. Cross
16. Rose
17. Buhrer

Finally some sense!

I hope Des will do this.
Will Hopoate
Michael Robertson
Michael Oldfield (for Lyon)
Ben Farrar
Tony Williams
Jamie Lyon (if Foran is out)  
Trent Hodkinson
Brent Kite
Matt Ballin (played with concussion last week and drop the ball from dummy half at least twice)
George Rose
Chris Bailey
Matt Cross (if Galuvao is out)
Jamie Buhrer

Interchange
*Matt Cross for Galuvao*
*Miclael Oldfield for Foran*
Josh Perry
Anthony Watmough - Des wont do it but I would put him on the bench so can have more impact off the bench and this might just ignite him.
Vic Mauro
Terence Seu Seu or Daly Cherry-Evans but will porbably go with Seu-Seu

Not much to play with and we are ruining the chances of the Toyota cup side

1 Hoppa
2 Robbo
3 Farra
4 Oldfield
5 Trex

6 Lyon
7 DCE

13 Hodko
12 Watmough
11 Vic Mauro
10 Perry
09 balin
08 Kyte

Bench
Rose
Baily
Cross
Buhrer

abnc link said:

1. Hopoate
2. Robertson
3. Lyon
4. Farrar
5. Williams
6. Cherry-Evans
7. Hodkinson
8. Kite
9. Ballin
10. Perry
11. Watmough
12. Galuvao
13. Bailey

14. Seu Seu
15. Cross
16. Rose
17. Buhrer

I like the team although I don't think Gulavou will play will he? I like Lyon at 5/8 but I don't like T Rex when he has to defend without Lyon. It would be a nightmare.

All I know is jamie Lyon has proved he is a great great centre and i dont want him back at 5/8 - he is a solid 5/8 but if we are going to keep this to less than a cricket score then he needs to defend in the centres. 

Pick Daly at 5/8 and give him a sniff of first grade - but leave the games best centre in the centres... its the only strength we have.

In saying this I am not kidding myself we are any hope - I just hope we dont set the record for biggest ever loss in a semi.

I think we should try Ben Farrar at 5/8th, he has the ball skills. If I was to have Bailey in the team I'd put him in the centres.

abnc link said:

1. Hopoate
2. Robertson
3. Lyon
4. Farrar
5. Williams
6. Cherry-Evans
7. Hodkinson
8. Kite
9. Ballin
10. Perry
11. Watmough
12. Galuvao
13. Bailey

14. Seu Seu
15. Cross
16. Rose
17. Buhrer

this is the only non-rubbish team I have seen.  How people can think we can put Bailey in the centres is beyond me.  Not only is he terrible there, but who plays in the forwards then?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7