Team vs Ipswich

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Looks like Parcell, Brown & Mateo as well as the obvious ones Bruher & Koraisau are all injured.

Geez it would be great if the club could give us supporters an update on their injuries. I was reliably informed that Parcell and Mateo would be out but Brown is a mystery. I wonder what's doing there ?

However good to see that our full strength backline will be playing!
Mateo has a rib injury as you already know from last week

Here is the latest Sea Eagles injury update, proudly brought to you by sponsor, Elastoplast.

Api Koroisau: Underwent off season shoulder surgery. Marked for round 1 return.

Lewis Brown: Underwent off season minor knee surgery. Marked for round 1 return.

Matt Parcell: Suffered a hamstring injury in the final minutes of Manly’s quarter final loss in the Auckland Nines tournament. Marked for round 1 return.

Jamie Buhrer: Suffered a broken jaw in the win over the Warriors in the Auckland Nines. Out for a further four to six weeks.

Jayden Hodges: Suffered an ACL knee injury in the Auckland Nines loss to the Bulldogs. Out for the season.
Thanks .. Nice to know what is happening ..

Didnt leary fill in last year at 9 when ballin and hodges were out . I think its a smart move by trent to give him some more time in nothing matches . You just never know when he will be needed and the more game time there wont hurt .
He did fill in at hooker last time but form memory his ball distribution was poor and he did say after the game he didn't feel comfortable playing hooker

Who gives a rats who is playing hooker against Ipswich. Our four top choice hookers are injured, so someone has to do it (i'm including Brown who would no doubt get a run before Leary if available). Leary is a good defender and I am guessing that is why he is being used in this position.

We would have to be mighty unlucky not to have Koroisau or Parcell fit at any one stage during the season so the chances of Leary suiting up in FG at hooker are pretty slim. Given the injury to Hodges, I have no problem with the club working hard with Blake Leary to get him right just in case, and what better opportunity than a trial game to give him some experience.

Just when we thought it was funny that we had so many hookers on our roster . Now its funny that we have no hookers available to play this weekend.
happy-hooker.jpg

The more practice Leary gets at 9 the better. If neither Korosau or Parcell are 100% right for game 1, leave em out. Last thing we need is them being out for the year.

It is a blessing as the reduced interchange we might see more backrowers, interchange players doing the role any way. I'd prefer to see a bloke like Leary start at hooker and play defensive for the first 20, and see a prop still getting the rest at the 20 min mark with a quicker hooker playing the second 20. One interchange but has the same affect as two.

Im not saying leary will be the fill in full time ,all im saying even as bad as he was when he was thrown in there he will be better with more game time under him in that position if the time comes.

I heard the trent Barrett interview on Talking Sport this week where I heard that Tom Wright apparently has done his ACL and Trent said it was a shame for the 95 kg 5/8 but look out for him next year..... Shame.

I heard the trent Barrett interview on Talking Sport this week where I heard that Tom Wright apparently has done his ACL and Trent said it was a shame for the 95 kg 5/8 but look out for him next year..... Shame.
He will be playing unders 20s by April so u won't have to wait long to see what he is made of

The injury he got straight after signing with us was initially diagnosed as a medial but then that diagnosis was changed to an ACL. So it's apparently all going to plan and you'll be able to see him play.

Trent Barrett in Talking Sport wasn't overly clear. He said that he's not being rushed back, and that you'll hopefully hear of him IN the next 12 months (not AFTER the next 12 months).

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2