teams for round 21

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm disturbed that you have given it such thought wombat :)

And still a man, albeit an attractive one.

Fro link said:

Does that make the 2002 Northern Eagles post-op?

jwaa link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=184336.msg279294#msg279294 date=1280284980]

Does that make the 2002 Northern Eagles post-op?
[/quote]

Is that why Hoppa got confused?  :eek:

So some of you stopped supporting legends like Toovey and Menzies ?

And just to bring another angle to things, do you consider Menzies a 1 club player or 2 club player like Middleton does in the stats ?

Northern Eagles are an unfortunate part of our history,It reminds me alot of having sex with your cousin

Certainly it gets the job done but there was never anything right about it which is why i couldnt watch the Northern Eagles,To me we died for a few years and like a phoenix from the ashes rose up and snatched the premiership,as we will with 2010

In 2010 we have no REAL competition besides complacency
If we play for 80 minutes each match,This season is undoubtedly a manly premiership
IF we dont however win this year we have noone to blame,there is no nemesis that we had in the years gone by,i honestly believe the 10s are going to be a repeat of the 70s,we have so much talent coming through we should win atleast 4 this decade
In the halves department sure we still havent replaced Ox,Foran is getting better,Ballin is still young,Fullback we have B Stewart and Hopoate and reliable reserves such as Robertson,B Stewart could play in more positions than fullback to,In the centres we have Whare,Matai and Lyon,With some imagination Hoppa or Stewwy could fit into those roles,this year even Rodney could cover centre as Bailey cant defend centre

Our biggest problem going forward wont be 1 6 7 and 9 it will more likely be 8 10 and to 2 prop spots on the bench,This club has so much potential at this stage the only thing that will stop it is the players getting into the head that this team is going to be the worlds best club team ever and the complacency that comes with the realisation of that title

Shane link said:
Northern Eagles are an unfortunate part of our history,It reminds me alot of having sex with your cousin

Please explain - I have never had sex with a family member so not sure of your analogy?

Kiwi Eagle link said:

And just to bring another angle to things, do you consider Menzies a 1 club player or 2 club player like Middleton does in the stats ?

Toovey is a knob.
Menzies is unarguably THE greatest Sea Eagle of all time.
.....and a 1 club player.

Well in theory you can have sex with your cousin,doesnt mean you should,just like in theory MWSE could merge with Norths and with that it doesnt mean that they should!!!

Toovey is a legend
Beaver is a legend
Des is also a club legend even tho he played against us,as a player

Fro link said:
Not at all Kiwi, Steve Menzies could play for Parra and I'd still support him.

So why not the team he played in at the time ?

My circumstances would be completely different to you blokes in this equation though

Growing up, I knew absoutely nothing of the club history, other than the back of a footy card saying we were founded in 47 and had won some comps. No internet at the time, so I never had the tool over here to be able to find out more about the rivalries etc. Obviously had never been to a game at Brookie, so effectively for me, the merger didn't have as big an impact on me as it did some others. Don't get me wrong, I was certainly still gutted when it happened, can still remember the day I found out, came home from my Cousins wedding before heading to the reception, and saw the headline and sulked for the rest of the night. Didn't support them as passionately as I did Manly, but still, they were the side I had a connection with, would have been easy to switch over to the Warriors who were on their good run but didn't want to do that

blitzkrieg link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=184336.msg279330#msg279330 date=1280292922]

Toovey is a knob.

[/quote]

Disgraceful comment

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=184336.msg279334#msg279334 date=1280293458]
Not at all Kiwi, Steve Menzies could play for Parra and I'd still support him.

So why not the team he played in at the time ?

My circumstances would be completely different to you blokes in this equation though

Growing up, I knew absoutely nothing of the club history, other than the back of a footy card saying we were founded in 47 and had won some comps. No internet at the time, so I never had the tool over here to be able to find out more about the rivalries etc. Obviously had never been to a game at Brookie, so effectively for me, the merger didn't have as big an impact on me as it did some others. Don't get me wrong, I was certainly still gutted when it happened, can still remember the day I found out, came home from my Cousins wedding before heading to the reception, and saw the headline and sulked for the rest of the night. Didn't support them as passionately as I did Manly, but still, they were the side I had a connection with, would have been easy to switch over to the Warriors who were on their good run but didn't want to do that
[/quote]

We arent blaming you for supporting the Northern Eagles,just some of us it ripped our hearts out a little more and we couldnt watch that abomination run onto the field,Menzies is a 1 club player whos in bradford doing what we all cant blame him for doing and getting cash before his enevidable retirement,i hope all manly players coming to the end of theyre career leave for england to buff theyre retirement fund

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=blitzkrieg link=topic=184336.msg279341#msg279341 date=1280294930]
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=184336.msg279330#msg279330 date=1280292922]

Toovey is a knob.

[/quote]

Disgraceful comment
[/quote]

Not really, he proved it in person many a time.

I didnt suppotr any club, but as i have said a few times am not going to get into any supporter that did.

Yes it may have been the closest thing to Manly, but it wasnt Manly.

Beaver may officialy have played for 2 clubs, but will always be a Manly legend.

as for some of the other posts, family get togethers must be very interesting, with Trannys and Rooting cousins flying around everywhere :)

Fro link said:
I didnt suppotr any club, but as i have said a few times am not going to get into any supporter that did.

Yes it may have been the closest thing to Manly, but it wasnt Manly.

Beaver may officialy have played for 2 clubs, but will always be a Manly legend.

as for some of the other posts, family get togethers must be very interesting, with Trannys and Rooting cousins flying around everywhere :)

Those must be our Tasmanian counterpart's or for those of us living in Qld those from Gympie

The gympie muster started with the man folk of the town rounding up all their female relatives

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6