Technical Opinion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Trace my IP address and it will show I'm currently at a video session with the Tigers.

Well tell Benji to pull his bloody finger out this week..I've tipped them over the Eels. Cheers. :)

wombatgc said:
Trace my IP address and it will show I'm currently at a video session with the Tigers.

Well tell Benji to pull his bloody finger out this week..I've tipped them over the Eels. Cheers. :)

My input is for next year and making sure Potter is mentally coping ok after making the right tough call in relation to not trying to keep Benji.

Would not surprise me if this is a close one....

Technical Coach said:
My input is for next year and making sure Potter is mentally coping ok after making the right tough call in relation to not trying to keep Benji.
Aha! At last your true identity is revealed - you are Mick Potter's psychiatrist.

Technical Coach said:
wombatgc said:

With that in mind, the Tigers confirmed that three staff members would leave at the end of the season. They are believed to be assistants Royce Simmons and Steve Georgallis, as well as rehabilitation manager Andrew Leeds.

Hopefully Potter is given a fair go.

Technical Coach said:
wombatgc said:

I've gone the eels! Their forwards will dominate this game.

ALLGOOD BOI!!!!

Harmless27 said:
Very interesting insights technical coach.

3 more questions - I hope you don't mind me monopolising your time! (that WASN'T a question G.E.)
1. Why don't we have a regular TC column on the website (similar to a Good/Bad/Ugly report?). I think it would be extremely interesting to get a technical breakdown of our games. I lvoe the sinsghts into effort and 'the landcruiser' etc..... it brings tremendous value to the forum. A technical assesment of a game - or perhaps technical ratings on our players would be extremely interesting as well

2. TC - I read Phil Gould's artical where he rated the top 4 in various things as we approach the finals. how do you feel Manly are going with regards to a finals assault. Who are you tipping? What will decide the comp?

3. Who is the 1 player that makes the biggest difference to Manly, Souths, Roosters, Storm and the dogs? The 1 player that will either win the comp, or lose the comp (if they were injured?) In essence - the MVP of those teams? And do you feel that one of those people will win the Dally M?

Thanks TC

1) Lack of time, not enough demand/interest for such dribble, not paid enough and I'm hoping for a video analysis position opening at Manly so that I remain employed during these tough economic times caused by the Liberal Party.(why employ someone offering free content lol)

2)Roosters, Melbourne, Souths, Manly/Dogs in that order.
Roosters and Melb have the best attacking structures, Roosters and Souths have the best forward packs and go forward when it counts, Melb and Manly for big game experience but are showing signs that their era is nearing the end of the cycle.

Defensively all the top 4 have shown good signs throughout the year--- Manly have looked brittle at times and not as composed so has Melb and Souths but all teams have the ability to defend well.

3)Not the best of questions due to the fact most clubs you can take a variety of players out and they will not perform. Take any one of the big three out from the Storm and they are worthless.

I will say Manly would still be very competitive with just Foran running the show and Hiku was starting to show his class from the back. The 5 wins coinciding with B.Stewart returning as the reason for our improved attack is a little over exaggerated but having a sharp Brett back obviously does help.
The beauty with Manly is we have so much depth and options in the halves and at fullback that one injury will not totally derail our chances completely like other clubs.

We are lacking depth in our forward stocks and a new generation of stock coming through this year so we have to be more clinical better structured and faster in all facets of the game and hope our class/experience in the backline is more clinical than ever before.

I don't rate Reynolds from Souths but I fear their massive mobile forward pack. If Souths can stay in the grind the opposition will fatigue eventually due to all the effort expelled in containing their forwards. Melb showed signs in the second half and Manly have showed signs this year also---even in the 2011 GF.

If the Roosters don't choke and have all players available they should make the GF the other team is up for grabs.

We can still win it but only due to the class and experience we have, nothing in our attack, our defence or our forward depth at "present" has made me feel confident to tip us.

The last 4-5 rounds you sometimes spot a little something that makes you stand up and take notice---nothing in your face but a little improvement that is hard for most to see. I recall in 2011 seeing J.Lyon running those tough direct straight lines in the red zone instead of just skipping to the outside all the time was a great sign and more hole runners in general on that side.

I do like how Foran is more central this year without this change in his game we would stand no chance.

We need to find something extra at this point of time but I have not given up hope.

Trying to keep my analysis simple---this is really a cut down boring version minus the technical dribble.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Technical Coach said:
Potter is not going anywhere it is a beat up
Hard to understand what's going on TC.
Potter must feel like the Tigers boardroom is a chamber of secrets.

What is hard to understand he will be coaching next year end of story unless they have signed someone else.

It's more the media drumming up content to entertain the masses---think about it logically why would you sack a coach after one season who inherited this squad in most part.

Unless they have already signed or come to an agreement with a big name coach behind the scenes which I doubt is the case what valid reasons do they have to look elsewhere.

There is one coach who I think might be interested and it is not TC.

From todays game we unleashed another brilliant play which got us our first try. Gift came in to first receiver going right. Lawrence ran a terrific angle from outside in toward the posts, Gift held the ball up beautifully, dummied to pass to Lawrence but instead got brother Brett running the opposite angle to lawrence and burst through to score. It was brilliant to watch and totally unexpected as our first receiver plays are usually DCE,Foz and they just expected Gift to run it. We are starting to put together some brilliant set plays at the moment. Just hope we dont lose Choc or Horo for too long otherwise it will disrupt our momentum. Next Fri is going to be a great test for us.

mickqld said:
From todays game we unleashed another brilliant play which got us our first try. Gift came in to first receiver going right. Lawrence ran a terrific angle from outside in toward the posts, Gift held the ball up beautifully, dummied to pass to Lawrence but instead got brother Brett running the opposite angle to lawrence and burst through to score. It was brilliant to watch and totally unexpected as our first receiver plays are usually DCE,Foz and they just expected Gift to run it. We are starting to put together some brilliant set plays at the moment. Just hope we dont lose Choc or Horo for too long otherwise it will disrupt our momentum. Next Fri is going to be a great test for us.

That decoy run by Lawrence was a beauty, sold it so well & managed to just slide through into the gap without touching a defender. Absolutely textbook stuff from the big fella.

^ True. The gap created was so big horsehead went to the video ref to check it out.

Though he also went to the vid ref in 4/5 of our awarded tries. I think he has a quota to think about.

Wolfpack said:
mickqld said:

That decoy run by Lawrence was a beauty, sold it so well & managed to just slide through into the gap without touching a defender. Absolutely textbook stuff from the big fella.

You couldn't see it on the telecast but Lawrence jumped in the air and pumped his fist when he saw Snake crossing for the try. By that stage he was way over near the goalposts by himself after that great decoy run.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6