Terry Hill RIP

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Why do you say a player draft would be bad?

Think of it this way......

Even though he was a Souths junior, Terry Hill had spent time training under Warren Ryan at Western Suburbs. He even sent out letters to all other NSWRL clubs basically telling them "Don't draft me, I have come to terms with and intend to play for Wests".

Jack Gibson in his infinite wisdom decided "Eff that" ... and drafted him to Easts.

Hence why Hill took it all to court. He didn't want to play for the Chooks and it was actually seen as a restraint of trade. He did have to play a season at Easts while the court case was ongoing, but he eventually won and went to Wests.

And from there, he came here and became one of us.

Last edited:
Apparently the physical addiction is gone in 48 hours ,from what I learnt at the time and its just the power of the habit that remains . I gave up cold turkey years ago and disassociated my smoking habits like with beer or coffee etc one day at a time and haven't been back since .If you can get thru the 1st few days you probably have a great chance of quitting forever .
Anyways good luck mate
Thanks. Yeah, I notice after around 10 days or so I start powering and feeling well in control. I'm an idiot for going back to them after that long because I have the strength to keep going. It's all in my head. And I don't even enjoy smoking anymore. It throws everything out of whack, my routine, health, sleep, motivation, metabolism, frame of mind, savings. I'm pretty confident I have reached the final straw and I have set myself some targets to reach before 50 and a lot of those revolve around having money and being fit and healthy. Smoking just wastes the years, kills the years. I will keep you posted over the coming months. Enough is enough 👍

Yes it sure puts things into perspective. I myself will be turning 49 in less than 3 months time. I lost some years there and wasted quite a few. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm not in my 30's anymore far from it lol. I try my best to focus on my health but my mental health sure gets in the way of that at times. I always end up hitting a brick wall but I always seem to get back up in time and try and learn by my mistakes gradually. Tobacco is my curse. I am getting closer to eliminating them. In the last 6 or 7 months I have managed around 7 or 8 brief stints tobacco free (1-2 weeks). It's getting to that critical time for me now. Time is running out.
Keep trying mate

Because it would force young men against their free will to go live in a place or work for an organisation that don't want to or to live away from family and friends.
I thought that was part of growing up. Moving town for work. Leaving home to go to university.

Anyways. This threads about Tezza.

RIP Tezza, that sensational try against the Broncs at Brookie will forever be etched in my head as one of the greatest tries ever scored.

I will look forward to one day watching all of his career highlights on the big screen and a few of the old classic matches when he was in his prime. The good old days when the game was at its peak.

142 games for Manly and 64 tries

He would have to be in our Top 5 Centres of all time, and if not he would be mighty close. I would definitely have him in there based upon what I've seen in my 37 or so years supporting Manly.

I will look forward to one day watching all of his career highlights on the big screen and a few of the old classic matches when he was in his prime. The good old days when the game was at its peak.

He would have to be in our Top 5 Centres of all time, and if not he would be mighty close. I would definitely have him in there based upon what I've seen in my 37 or so years supporting Manly.
Pretty sure Tezza was Craig Innes centre partner back in the day, who I rated our best ever centre pairing.

I want Rueben Garrick to study some of Terry Hill's old footage. I'm sure he could learn a lot particularly with his positional play and defensive reads. He has so much talent and potential but he seems a little lost out there at the moment. He's trying hard and his work rate is terrific but he's struggling with some of the finer details. He will get it right I'm sure but he doesn't want to waste a whole season getting it right. But I am backing him all the way to become representative material by some time next year. I'm sure he will be all fired up to have a big one for Tezza on Friday. I can't wait 🙂

As a Manly centre he's in pretty exalted company.

Gordon Willoughby, Frank Stanton, Bob Fulton, Ray Branigan, Russel Gartner, Chris Close, Michael O'Connor, Darrell Williams, Craig Innes, Steven Bell, Jamie Lyon, Steve Matai.....

Tezza deserves his place among those greats.

I thought I was going mad.

Not uncommon for brothers and sisters to marry other siblings, I have had this happen in my family. It feels weird but it’s not just cuts down on wedding guests.
It goes on a fair bit. I think Gene Ngamu’s married to Craig Hancock’s sister, Ivan Cleary’s married to Josh Stuart’s sister, Greg Florimo & Gary Larson married sisters, etc.

Re the Broncos game, we’d played like busteds for 60 odd minutes and then exploded into that comeback with Tezza’s incredible try and Brendan’s sideline conversion finishing it off. I can still hear the huge roar of the crowd.
That was an example of a draw feeling like a win as opposed to our recent Warriors draw feeling more like a loss.

One of my favourite memories of Terry is from our dour 12-4 victory over Newcastle in the 1995 semi final. We were sitting behind the try line and Manly was defending their line in the second half. Cliffy had taken a knock while making a tackle and was on the ground inside our 20. You could hear Terry screaming ‘GET UUUUUUUPPP’. Cliffy struggle to his feet and back into the defensive line.

It was such a great example of Tezza’s competitive nature and the intensity and culture of that Manly side of the mid nineties. It is what our current team needs to develop to get us back to the top.

RIP Champion

RIP Tezza, that sensational try against the Broncs at Brookie will forever be etched in my head as one of the greatest tries ever scored.
Yep, me too.
We were sitting in that corner, when he was in the clear and then eyeballed Lockyer and took him on, unforgettable!
That comeback was something to behold ( including Reeves' sideline conversions).
The draw felt like a win.

Re the Broncos game, we’d played like busteds for 60 odd minutes and then exploded into that comeback with Tezza’s incredible try and Brendan’s sideline conversion finishing it off. I can still hear the huge roar of the crowd.
That was an example of a draw feeling like a win as opposed to our recent Warriors draw feeling more like a loss.

One of my favourite memories of Terry is from our dour 12-4 victory over Newcastle in the 1995 semi final. We were sitting behind the try line and Manly was defending their line in the second half. Cliffy had taken a knock while making a tackle and was on the ground inside our 20. You could hear Terry screaming ‘GET UUUUUUUPPP’. Cliffy struggle to his feet and back into the defensive line.

It was such a great example of Tezza’s competitive nature and the intensity and culture of that Manly side of the mid nineties. It is what our current team needs to develop to get us back to the top.

RIP Champion
Also he beat Tallis and Carrol to start that one

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10