THE A-LEAGUE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Central Coast Sharks? :D :D ;D. But I to did feel sorry for them, knowing a number of fish fans and them being the NSW team did want them to win. But at the same time if Brisbane didn't win it would have been stupid.

And yes no surprise that the Sydney game was called off. Looking forward to the next home game.
And heard the tards lost again. What a shame. NOT : ::) :D

Lionel Messi alone earns more than all A-League stars

LIONEL Messi earns plenty - far more, in fact, than every A-League player put together.

Figures released yesterday by France Football magazine show the Argentina and Barcelona wizard is the highest-paid player in world football, earning a phenomenal $44.28 million a year through his salary and perks.

To put it into perspective, his earnings dwarf the combined $23.5m salary cap ($2.35m per club) for all 10 A-League outfits - and he would still have plenty left over.

more @ http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/lionel-messi-alone-earns-more-than-all-a-league-stars/story-e6frg7mf-1226026359207

That Messi salary is ridiculous, can't think of any other professional athlete that would come close. Surely the EPL, Bundesliga, Seria A & La Liga would have to look at reinstating salary caps as the salaries are pushed higher & higher, if only to protect the finances of their top teams.

Back to SFC though, I read on FB that SFC are giving Adam D'Apuzzo a one week trial this week. He'll play in the Rockdale game (Which is this wednesday, I think). It seems to be a fairly safe bet that he'll get signed, he started every game at LB for Newcastle last year & only left because he wanted to move back to Sydney to be with his family. Should be a decent backup behind Cole & Jamo.

Maybe Tinkler could buy Messi for the A league? ;D :D ???
As for APD, I'm happy with that. I think he is a very good player, add to the defence which hasn't got a lot of depth

The Jest would still manage to find a way to lose :p

SFC are also reporting that they are playing Kashima at the SFS on the 13th of April thanks to the Japan based game having to be rescheduled.

Massive boost for the lads. Play Rockdale this week, Shanghai the next & Kashima the week after, brilliant scheduling for us. It will be the opposite for Kashima who will only resume training the week of the Shanghai game then have to fly down here to play us. We'll need to at least one win & a draw from those games so it'll be exciting stuff.

Yeah, we'll play every other team in the group at their respective home grounds after the Apr 13 Kashima clash. Suggestions have been made that the team may just stay over there until the group stage is done.

It's going to be tight, our group is quite possibly one of the roughest in the ACL. We do have a great shot though which is exciting. Would be absolutely massive for the club to go on an Adelaide-esque run through the ACL as unlikely as it is.

I would like to see us go after Shanghai early. Only playing one up front against Suwon was disappointing, yet understandable once McFlynn was sent off. If we can give Carle the space he can put them through for Bruno all day.

Not crazy about Bridge being the other striker but he does seem to have picked his game up recently. Bearing in mind that he was the forward with the most assists in the a-league in 09-10 he could be quite effective if we use him as a second striker & Bruno as the target man. One thing I noticed in the Suwon game was how easy Bruno made it look in the air. Absolutely dominated the smaller Suwon defenders.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1301547689[/time]

SFC drew 1-1 with Rockdale last night. Pet Rat got our only goal.

From what the SFC facebook updates were saying it looked like we played a 4-3-3. Bridge got a decent run as well, playing on the wing in the first & shifting into the middle when Bruno went off.

I've also heard that Makela wont be going out on a loan deal & will be joining the ACL squad if we make it past the group stages (when McFlynn becomes an Australian citizen under the ACL guidelines).

So I think we've already been through this when we chatting at the Shanghai Shen****s game but FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Not beating those cheating twats has done our chances of advancing in big time. We needed a win last week.

Carle is out for tomorrow (hammy strain) & it is rumoured that Williams will also be sat out for more or less being a fat bastard.

Daily Terror is saying that PetRat will go to CAM in Carle's place. I have heard from sources closer to the club that Bridge will go to CAM & Dimi will play on the left though.

Whichever way you look at it we are pretty boned. Kashima are the favourites for a reason. Best case scenario is we jag a goal & then park the bus, but who knows, the young lads could surprise us.

Wolfpack said:
So I think we've already been through this when we chatting at the Shanghai Shen****s game but FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Not beating those cheating twats has done our chances of advancing in big time. We needed a win last week.

Carle is out for tomorrow (hammy strain) & it is rumoured that Williams will also be sat out for more or less being a fat bastard.

Daily Terror is saying that PetRat will go to CAM in Carle's place. I have heard from sources closer to the club that Bridge will go to CAM & Dimi will play on the left though.

Whichever way you look at it we are pretty boned. Kashima are the favourites for a reason. Best case scenario is we jag a goal & then park the bus, but who knows, the young lads could surprise us.

Last week is still very raw, we should have won, wasted so many chances and had to play against a bunch of cheaters who clearly had no bones in their bodies.

This week will be tough, I'm not so so myself. To me this is the toughest of the 3 other teams. Hopefully what little crowd there is we can get them over the line. Looking forward to this tonight.

Farken.

Hopes are pretty much put out of their misery now. Not suprising but a little disapointing to lose like we did.

Had to laugh at the idiot reporter in the Terror yesterday who said that SFC started poorly but came into the game in the second half. Maybe they should start getting actual football journos, not ones that read the match stats & make something up.

Remaining three games are important for Lavicka. He needs to get results or he'll be heading back to the Czech Republic. Very disapointing negative tactics from him in our home games, poor squad selection attributing to that. It's mostly on him &

Liam Reddy, Terry McFlynn, Stefann Keller, please step down from SFC & never play again. Absolute frauds.

Wouldn't mind if they took Lavicka with them either TBH.

Wolfpack said:
Liam Reddy, Terry McFlynn, Stefann Keller, please step down from SFC & never play again. Absolute frauds.

Wouldn't mind if they took Lavicka with them either TBH.
Wolfpack i attend most of SFC games you seem to know a bit about the club could you keep us up to date on who's coming & going.

Yeah mate for sure.

Unfortunately no real news at the moment & everything is quiet apart from the Kewell rumour. He'd be great for the club if we could get him, I hope he does his groin for good if he joins Victory though :p

I heard a rumor we were trialling some south American CB, but I guess there will be quite a few defenders coming through the doors as we try to find someone to pair up with Beauchamp.

Danning & Gan have both been released, Danning already signed with the Roar but Gan is still without a club as far as I know.

Looks like Sydney has signed Pascal Bosschaart from ADO Den Hague. Brilliant signing on paper as he was the starting LCB for them at the beginning of last year before he did his hammy & missed the rest of the season. Eredivise to A-League is a massive gulf in quality so hopefully he can step it up & become a leader of the defence (he also captained Den Hague).

I've been trying to find out some info about him but haven't come up with much. He seems pretty small for a cb but apparently has a mean streak & is a solid tackler. From the looks of things he started out as a defensive mid so with any luck he'll be our go-to man for playing the ball out from the back (especially given that Beauchamp has bricks for feet).

The team is starting to form up very nicely, I'm hoping that Cole gets the nod to start at RB, if Coyne gets it I'll have no choice to change my seats to the sideline & spend the entire game abusing that hack. We still need a left mid & I've got no idea who we'll put there. Whoever it is will have to be Australian because we've used up all our foreign spots. I guess as long as McFlynn doesn't play LM we're still doing better than last year.

eagles2win said:
Don't go on foxsports site today accusations of Sydney FC doing a Storm

Yeah I've heard from good sources that this is all bulls**t. The report originates from the Herald Sun (surprise surprise) & it doesnt seen to be backed up by any solid evidence at all. Not to mention that the amount they are trying to say Sydney went over the cap by was closer to $100k rather than $1m (which is pretty common in salary cap systems. It's not anymore than the victory got pinged for when they won 2 in a row either).

Slow news day & all that, gotta chuck some mud at the most disliked team & all. I'm not particularly worried about it & neither are the club from all reports.

So turns out it was as laughable as the Sea Eagles cap breach rumours. Goes to show you should never trust tard media.

Big signing for Adelaide, they've snared Dario Vidosic from FC Nurnberg. Pretty jealous of this one, he would've been killer at Sydney. You could make a case for Adelaide having the best attacking squad in the history of the A-league as things stand.

Fatty Hernandez is trialling in the MLS apparently, probably trying to ship him off to open a spot for Barry Kool. Word is that the MLS clubs are unimpressed by his fitness (or lack thereof). Once a fat costa rican, always a fat costa rican. Go & eat some KFC fatty haha.

Alls quiet with Sydney, still no pre-season so no triallists. There was a weak rumour going around that we were sniffing around Boa Morte who wants out at the Hammers. We'd have to f**k one of international players to do it though (please, please, please take Hiro out back & shoot him, whether we need a foreign spot or not). No way in hell is it any more than wishful thinking, but we're Sydney, it's all we got.

Is anyone else over Harry f**king Kewell? If his demands are serious he can go off to wherever else will take him (which is pretty much no where ATM). Even his base salary of 2m is way too much for a crocked relic like Kewell. I hope the c**t signs for the tards now, dont want him anywhere near my club.

eagles2win said:
Mariners strike player Amini to Turkey.
Roar starting to break up with Barbarouses trialling with a Russian club.

Kosta is already sold, going to some Ossetian team in the Russian second tier comp. Have fun in a war zone, bro.

Hadn't heard about Amini, thought the sale of him to Dortmund was complete & he was playing for CCM this year on loan.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4