The Ashes, 2023.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Love it! Rain has been an issue in cricket since day dot, no point whinging about it now. Aussies deservedly leading 2-1. Hope they can regroup and take it out 3-1.
Our team selection for the Fifth test will be interesting.

Lol, in the lead up to this series all the chat from Smith and co “they haven’t done it against us” “they won’t be able to hit our bowlers” and it got to the point where those bowlers were opening praying for rain

I was feeling a little sorry for England as they clearly were dominating the game. But then Broad, Stokes and others started to talk - I’ve rarely heard such entitled hogwash from a team.

To be fair, I’ve really enjoyed the series, and the English team play a fun brand of cricket to watch, but spare me the moral victors BS. They should look to Kane Williamson for a great example of humility - in victory and in defeat.

If Eng won the first test, and rain washed out the remaining 4 and they won the ashes, there would be no english press or players complaining about the rain.

they'd all be crowing about finally winning the ashes again, knighting all the players and making a lord out of the captain for winning one coin toss.

Still enjoying the salty salty tears of the Eng media.

There's seems to be some divine right of expectation that if the weather stayed fine they would win the 4th match (probably true) but the the 5th match was automatically going to deliver the ashes to Eng. (not as set in stone).

Still, taking the media b/s out of it it should be a great 5th match.

I hope Root is feeling better now that his mummy coach asked Ponting to say some nice things about him.

In all reality we may well have batted it out. After the top order were dismissed we had scored about 150 runs for the loss of just the lab to Joe Root. So suck it up soap dodgers.

Not long now, everyone.

Except for deciding finals, I can't remember if I've ever wanted Aust to hand out a butt kicking more than this test.

should be a cracker, either way.

Not long now, everyone.

Except for deciding finals, I can't remember if I've ever wanted Aust to hand out a butt kicking more than this test.

should be a cracker, either way.

At least it has created a lot more interest. Let’s hope the soap dodgers get smashed playing “attractive cricket” 😂

C'mon how about some foot on throat Aussies!!!!

All good and well getting 3-11 but what about the other 20-odd overs.

Watching the Aussies in the Ashes is a bit like watching Manly this season....

7-250 at tea.

Eng lost 4-28 at one stage.

I hope Aust don't let the double w's (woods and woakes) continue their slog-a-thon

Only 50 overs bowled so far.

Dark 'n gloomy conditions.

Eng all out 283.

You'd think that if Aust were offered that at the start of a test they'd take it every day of the week.

5 dropped catches though. 4 should've been taken (smith's was apparently a tough one).

Aust 1-61 in response.

Warner another 20+ score and another didn't go on with it, which is a shame.

Remember, if this one is a draw, Ashes are 2-1 to Aust..!

Hard to imagine a draw with the way England bat, although I haven't checked the weather forecast. Aussies need to bat big in our first innings. They should be confident, they are the newly crowned World champs!

All depends on the first session tomorrow it'll be massive. Looking at it with a neutral point of view, shame it's not 2 all with last test wins, can you imagine the drama..

Hard to imagine a draw with the way England bat, although I haven't checked the weather forecast. Aussies need to bat big in our first innings. They should be confident, they are the newly crowned World champs!

It's hard to think it'll be a draw (weather permitting) as you say the speed at which england get through an innings.

280 in 50 overs. though I have seen them slow down the pace when they're under the pump.

They'll want to win (even if Stokes said after the first test they don't care about winning, just entertaining).

All depends on the first session tomorrow it'll be massive. Looking at it with a neutral point of view, shame it's not 2 all with last test wins, can you imagine the drama..

I know what you mean, but I'm very happy it's 2-1. haha

Eng all out 283.

You'd think that if Aust were offered that at the start of a test they'd take it every day of the week.

5 dropped catches though. 4 should've been taken (smith's was apparently a tough one).

Aust 1-61 in response.

Warner another 20+ score and another didn't go on with it, which is a shame.

Remember, if this one is a draw, Ashes are 2-1 to Aust..!

Yep the chance that smith dropped was a really tough one however there were a couple of easy ones put down. Warner dropped an easy one off brook very early in his innings. Looking like Warners last test it has been a great career.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11