The Ashes, 2023.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Can't see how they can leave Boland out of first ashes test after that audition in English conditions. If Hazlewood is fit do we rest Starc ?

Going to be interesting to see how Bazball fares against our bowling attack

Not sure about resting Stark but I agree Boland must play, he's running hot. It's a luxury to have Hazlewood in reserve, because counting the India game it's effectively a 6 Test series. If one gets tired or hurt bring him straight in.

I think Starc will go for 6+ per over in Bazeball, but he'll also take wickets. Id play Boland in the first over Hazelwood. Josh is short of a gallop and they need to get off to a good start. Play the guy in form.

Im still at a loss why theres no county matches. I know a few of them played a couple of county matches in the lead up, but IPL disrupted just as many of them.

Woot!

Just setting the table and putting out the lamingtons and stargazy pie.

A couple 'o links for us.

If the ball isn't swinging Starc doesn't offer much else unfortunately, and as you rightly point out he is likely to get spanked out of the attack quick smart. Hazlewood is probably short of a run, but his line and length is second only to Boland, and that is what gets wickets in England. They've rested Starc before when we are at full strength and he didn't exactly dominate in WTC final. He misses out in my first test XI

If the ball isn't swinging Starc doesn't offer much else unfortunately, and as you rightly point out he is likely to get spanked out of the attack quick smart. Hazlewood is probably short of a run, but his line and length is second only to Boland, and that is what gets wickets in England. They've rested Starc before when we are at full strength and he didn't exactly dominate in WTC final. He misses out in my first test XI
One thing we know, Boland has to be playing, He's earned the right, bowling stats don't lie. Either Starc or Hazelwood miss out. Also, does anybody know who Englands mystery spin bowler is, apparently he's coming out of retirement.

One thing we know, Boland has to be playing, He's earned the right, bowling stats don't lie. Either Starc or Hazelwood miss out. Also, does anybody know who Englands mystery spin bowler is, apparently he's coming out of retirement.

I think it's Moeen Ali.

England XI: Zak Crawley, Ben Duckett, Ollie Pope, Joe Root, Harry Brook, Ben Stokes (c), Jonny Bairstow (wk), Moeen Ali, Ollie Robinson, Stuart Broad, James Anderson

I can’t wait to see how this series unfolds. I still cannot understand the success England have had with Bazball, but I totally respect the way they have found a formula that works for them.

Like others, I’d be dropping Starc for Hazlewood this test match. I would have been tempted to also drop Warner but I guess there is no one else really demanding selection.

Should be a cracker of a series!

How damn old are Jimmy Anderson and Stuart Broad 😳...

(I'll shut up though, not looking to jinx our boys!)

England getting plenty of runs so far.

Hope Boland has a cracker of a game. Seems a quiet and respectful guy who doesn't like the spotlight. Delight to watch when he's on song.

There's nothing in this pitch. Pretty disappointing first session of an Ashes series, has offered the bowlers nothing.

Needed that wicket. Pretty even contest so far. Australia should feel better after that last over.

Good toss to win on that wicket, Harry Brook has a weakness to spin, maybe worth Smith having a bowl for 5 overs or so with Lyon at tge other end.

Head spills a catch!!

well done me!

I was so sick of watching this boring segment of cricket I said to myself "go upstairs so aust get a wicket"

I did and ali got stumped.

Kinda easy to play 'nob-ball' when your curators produce a road

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8