The Ashes, 2023.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Well batted Ussie, just need he and Carey to knuckle down and keep going for as long as possible.

Warners's shot was forgettable. Got to hand it to Broad though, he set Marnus up brilliantly first ball.

Gazza would have been loving the look of that ball Moeen bowled Green with.

The game is still in the balance

8:44pm AEST - Mark Taylor best explains the reason captains shouldn’t request a pitch - put simply you both need to bat and bowl on it

He said Just ask for the best pitch you can give with your team and conditions.

Currently the “bazball” pitch looks insipid as teams are as close to even as possible at the near half way point in the match

Last edited:
Love listening to Ponting in commentary.
Not as much as I love the **** eating grin that is happening between KP and Eoin - both tossers carried on about Australia's field settings on day 1. But here we are (even after the wicket which they try to peddle back on and applaud the England field setting). It is a dead wicket and they were questioning the field settings 5 seconds before the wicket

"Brilliant Captaincy" to get Ussie out for 144, damn I miss the quality of commentary we used to have

Not as much as I love the **** eating grin that is happening between KP and Eoin - both tossers carried on about Australia's field settings on day 1. But here we are (even after the wicket which they try to peddle back on and applaud the England field setting). It is a dead wicket and they were questioning the field settings 5 seconds before the wicket
Damn now Khawaja is out.

A lead would be nice....

Damn now Khawaja is out.

A lead would be nice....
I may be speaking too early, but I think we walk out with a 20 run lead

edit...yeah - speaking too early, but bugger me the self aggrandising English commentary on 9 is killing me.

KP is a mercenary fool that doesn't deserve a voice, why is this oxygen thief here?

Last edited:
I may be speaking too early, but I think we walk out with a 20 run lead

edit...yeah - speaking too early, but bugger me the self aggrandising English commentary on 9 is killing me.

KP is a mercenary fool that doesn't deserve a voice, why is this oxygen thief here?
I reckon we've had the golden age of sports commentary. It doesn't matter where you are in the world or what sport you follow. Everyone has to think carefully before they open their mouths now. I used to love listening to radio commentary of cricket with Brian Johnston, Henry Blofeld and Richie Benaud. Most of the time the game was incidental.

I reckon we've had the golden age of sports commentary. It doesn't matter where you are in the world or what sport you follow. Everyone has to think carefully before they open their mouths now. I used to love listening to radio commentary of cricket with Brian Johnston, Henry Blofeld and Richie Benaud. Most of the time the game was incidental.
Agree - I cautiously add Roebuck to the list

I would however love to hear Harsha Bhogle - a balanced and insightful commentator

Richie really typified less is more when commentating.

Funny bugger too.

Rain rain rain rain rain.......

Aust all out 7 runs behind England but it seems before the rain the pitch did something (?) and England are 2 down for 28.

They showed a side view of Green's catch and a big splash of water flew up when he hit the ground. lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10