The Ashes, 2023.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
KP is a mercenary fool that doesn't deserve a voice, why is this oxygen thief here?

You mean you didn't enjoy listening to him tell us all about how he played water polo at school for 5 mins yesterday?

lulz

sigh, I bet Mel regretted asking him that.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Coming in late here, probably already been discussed but that cricket from
The 2nd over on the first day when boundary riders were sent out was as weak and timid as I have ever seen from an Australian team, Warney would be turning in his grave seeing that. Especially after saying all year “let’s see you do it against our bowlers”

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I can live with the defensive fields when the pitch was a flat as it was on day 1. Batters are too good these days when it comes to playing "unorthodox" shots because of all the white ball cricket they play. So why have an ego and let them pick you off at 4-8 and over on a road. Cut off the boundaries and maybe make them take bigger risks to push the scoring if that's what they are determined to do. I did think we bowled too straight though early and I wasn't a fan of leaving the field back for the new batsman and letting them pick off an easy single to get off the mark. Anyway the end justifies the means, so if we win then no big deal. If we lose then it's something to consider next test.

Lords is generally a results type of pitch so expect a little bit more in it for the bowlers. Will be a different type of test to this one I expect

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
bluuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

thanks for nuttin smith and larbearashanez

boland in as night watchman.

time to do what every other team does and tie shoelaces, look around the field....anything to chew up time.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Did well Boland, not sure how long he will last in the morning though.

Tight match, rain expected tomorrow morning up until lunch, cloudy day tomorrow also, a dud duke ball that doesn’t hoop around would be good for the chances tomorrow.

Eagle 1

First Grader
Wow..what a finish to a grest 1st test. 174 needed, seems a long way to go. If poms grab 2 early wickets there'll be no stoping them. The crowd are riding every over, it's great theatre tho.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
All 3 outcomes still on the table going into the last day. Sign of a good test match between two evenly matched sides. Hopefully the weather doesn't rob us of a possible result

If Ussie and Travball get going again like the first dig then we are a big show.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
98 to go
5 wickets left.

Been hearing a lot about how aust has the numbers 1,2,and 3 ranked batsmen in the wooooorld.

A pity they got 66 in the first innings and 35 in the second. (&%$%#$$!!!!

Guys it's ok to be seen and not just heard!

Ali's finger is going, a pity in the session before to Green and Khawaja didn't get a tad more aggressive with some bad deliveries....but I'll happy if the grind continues.

20 overs or so until the new ball - which Ponting says the new one is easier to bat with than thie older duke.

It's going to be close! (I think)

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Carey starting to play a few loose shots now, Cummins having a crack now also, great to see some attacking mindset even if the POMs get up.

New ball 17 overs left 54 to get, 3 wickets left.

Now Root gets Caret caught and bowled.

Last edited:

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Fantastic game, great to watch every ball had the crowd roaring.

Congratulations Pat Cummins what a knock, showed a few batsmen up by attacking the ball.

Attachments

• IMG_5050.png
    IMG_5050.png
    141 KB · Views: 2

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Ponting seemed to be right, saying that Aust wouldn't mind the new duke ball as it won't swing or do much of anything.

thank goodness I don't have to hear about "2005" for a week or so.

woohoo!

A victory for test cricket - I’m glad my neighbour (lovely fellow but a pain in the arse Pom) went silent. Will be sure to give him a friendly wave in about 1.5 hours when we head off to work

Hope that shuts the snarks up about Cummins captaincy until at least the second session of the next test

Bazball failed in its first real test, on a wicket manufactured for it

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
11 6 5 -38 14