The Ashes, 2023.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Eng declare 8-393

Almost 400 in less than a day is very good.

8 wickets... not so much.

Now... 1 of the aussie openers to get out cheaply as per usual, and maybe another batsmen as well, I say pessimistically (though there'll only be about 5 overs...so maybe just time for an opener fail).

Eng declare 8-393

Now... 1 of the aussie openers to get out cheaply as per usual, and maybe another batsmen as well, I say pessimistically (though there'll only be about 5 overs...so maybe just time for an opener fail).
I think we bat for the next two days, POMS only have Moen as their spinner and Root can bowl spin.

Eng declare 8-393

I type 'corrected' - no late loss of an opener's wicket, though neither one into double figures, yet.

That's a fair result for Australia on that wicket. Keeping them to 400 means game is still alive. Just have to bat well now.

It's be interesting to see the ...I don't know what it's called, but the 'map' of where Boland's deliveries landed today compared to the test final.

In the final it seemed as though he landed them all in a box box sized rectangle, but today he seemed ...less accurate. Anyway.

I'd say Bazball wins day 1..
But that pitch was shockingly dead! Only watched till after lunch but didn't look aything like traditional English conditions.

Honours even after Day 1. Both teams would be happy and confident where they are positioned.

Thought Hazlewood was superb. Scotty B will be better for the run - I feel as though he got caught up in the hype of his first away Ashes and being picked ahead of Starc.

I’m looking forward to settling in for the Manly game and the Ashes tonight. Great to be able to switch off from the stresses of life for a few hours.

As always in a match like this because the English have the runs on the board I put them ahead marginally. Well done to the bowlers not getting sucked in. I disagree with the views expressed by the commentators that our field was too defensive, better to have a few singles than 3 or 4 boundaries an over.

I am getting sick of these bike paths for pitches though

Honours even after Day 1. Both teams would be happy and confident where they are positioned.

Thought Hazlewood was superb. Scotty B will be better for the run - I feel as though he got caught up in the hype of his first away Ashes and being picked ahead of Starc.

I’m looking forward to settling in for the Manly game and the Ashes tonight. Great to be able to switch off from the stresses of life for a few hours.
See what Moeen Ali has to offer, he's a quicker off spinner, bit like Jadeja. If the pitch is keeping low and with variable bounce he could be quite dangerous.

Boland's strength is also his weakness against the current English batting tactics. Because his line and length are so predictable they can come down the wicket and attack him knowing there isn't a lot of sideways movement on this deck. He is also a bit one paced. I think Gazza will be the key in second innings, there are already signs the pitch is offering him a bit and that's just day one.

Hoping we can bat for two days for a lead of 200 and put a bit of pressure on them. We do have the top 3 ICC rated test batsmen in our line plus Ussie is also top 10. Their bowling line up is experienced, but not sure the pitch plays to their bowling strengths. Should be a fascinating day 2, looking forward to seeing who can grab the ascendancy.

If we get to a lead despite Warner Marnus and Smith all falling cheaply it'll be a fair effort.
I say keep their old-timers out in the field as long as possible - one downside of bazball is their bowlers don't get to rest for as long! @:D

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10