The Brett Stewart Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mr InviswannahangoutnobigDEAL! said:
Tough decision, play for Manly in Sydney or with Menzies in Super league. What ever pays more i guess.

I don't know if Beaver has made a decision on if he's going to go around next year. Last I heard was about a month ago and he had yet to make his mind up.

I really don't think the difference in Money is going to be that different so perhaps waiting to see if Beaver is going to be a familiar face over there is soemthing Snake is waiting to find out about before making a decision?

Mr InviswannahangoutnobigDEAL! said:
Tough decision, play for Manly in Sydney or with Menzies in Super league. What ever pays more i guess.

I don't know if Beaver has made a decision on if he's going to go around next year. Last I heard was about a month ago and he had yet to make his mind up.

I really don't think the difference in Money is going to be that different so perhaps waiting to see if Beaver is going to be a familiar face over there is soemthing Snake is waiting to find out about before making a decision?

I think the money over there is for the backs. So surely there would be a difference for him

I think the money over there is for the backs. So surely there would be a difference for him

Daniel said:

With the financial situation across most of europe, sport in particular will be hit fairly hard. I read a good article a few weeks ago (if I could remember where it was I would post it). Basically alot of olympic funding was going to cut in a lot of countries and how most professional sports will need to be in a belt tightning mode to ensure survival as joe public as well as corporate joe don't have the income to dispose/invest in sporting pursuits like they did. There are always exceptions and they are with the large football clubs but even some of those who have listed on the stock exchanges will need to be more fiscally responsible than they perhaps have been in the past.

Snake might have received a decent offer, but I just can't see how it could be so much bigger than what we have offered him that he just can't say no to it. Especially with the tightening of the individual tax laws across europe recently as well, in particular the UK, which doesn't make the stints in superleague as appealing as they once were.

• 👍
Reactions: PJ
Daniel said:

With the financial situation across most of europe, sport in particular will be hit fairly hard. I read a good article a few weeks ago (if I could remember where it was I would post it). Basically alot of olympic funding was going to cut in a lot of countries and how most professional sports will need to be in a belt tightning mode to ensure survival as joe public as well as corporate joe don't have the income to dispose/invest in sporting pursuits like they did. There are always exceptions and they are with the large football clubs but even some of those who have listed on the stock exchanges will need to be more fiscally responsible than they perhaps have been in the past.

Snake might have received a decent offer, but I just can't see how it could be so much bigger than what we have offered him that he just can't say no to it. Especially with the tightening of the individual tax laws across europe recently as well, in particular the UK, which doesn't make the stints in superleague as appealing as they once were.

I understand that Brett is waiting to see what impact the current extensions to the Jane Try Stand will make to the vibe of the ground, once they are completed.

So he should be re-signing sometime around May 2014.

I understand that Brett is waiting to see what impact the current extensions to the Jane Try Stand will make to the vibe of the ground, once they are completed.

bob dylan said:
I think the most likely scenario is Brett will announce his retirement at seasons end.

If thats the case - and we all hope it's not true - it'd be nice if it was announced prior to seasons end so we & the game can say our goodbyes to a true superstar of the game!!

bob dylan said:
I think the most likely scenario is Brett will announce his retirement at seasons end.

If thats the case - and we all hope it's not true - it'd be nice if it was announced prior to seasons end so we & the game can say our goodbyes to a true superstar of the game!!

Phantar said:

Good point! It may be that his manager must negotiate a change of name for the stand extension and that is holding it up: Should it be just BS or B & G Stewart stand?:p

Phantar said:

Good point! It may be that his manager must negotiate a change of name for the stand extension and that is holding it up: Should it be just BS or B & G Stewart stand?:p

captainskin said:
Phantar said:

If both boys play out their careers at Manly it would be epic and deserve some tribute of note at Brookie Imo.

captainskin said:
Phantar said:

If both boys play out their careers at Manly it would be epic and deserve some tribute of note at Brookie Imo.

Over in London for the Olympics and my advice is: Brett try a winter in Europe b4 committing to a long term contract over here. It is summer and the temps are the same as Sydney. My memories of winters here are enough to put anyone who has dodgy knees off for life. Stay in Manly/god's country Brett.

Over in London for the Olympics and my advice is: Brett try a winter in Europe b4 committing to a long term contract over here. It is summer and the temps are the same as Sydney. My memories of winters here are enough to put anyone who has dodgy knees off for life. Stay in Manly/god's country Brett.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8