The Crowd for Brookie (Lottoland) this Sunday v’s Parra?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...n/news-story/d4b8e8cd6393170cea6637bfe71efe42

Jake Trbojevic, Manly Daily

LET’S MAKE NOISE

ONE of the things that really stood out for me after Friday night was the importance of a vocal home crowd. Playing in Newcastle is never easy, especially when you throw in 25,000 hostile fans who, I have no doubt, played their part in lifting the Knights late in the game.

And that’s why it is so crucial that we see plenty of Sea Eagles fans at Lottoland on Sunday.

As a player and a proud local junior there is nothing better than running out in front of a massive home crowd and seeing a sea of maroon and white jerseys and flags.

Opposition teams hate playing at Lottoland because of the passion shown by the Sea Eagles supporters.

We want you to make it uncomfortable by being vocal and to lift us when times are tough in a game.

It is forecast to be 35 degrees so I expect that will affect the crowd, I predict about 14K will show up to this game. Back in the day we would get a minimum of 20K at Brooky for a whinger visit, I think the capacity is now capped at that figure, we have heard it all before with this endless talk fest but can we please get a decision on whether if ever Brooky is going to be rebuilt????

Manly's Largest Crowds at Brookvale Oval v’s Parra ... some good ones !

Crowd Played Against Date / Year

27,655 Manly v Parramatta Brookvale 31-Aug-86

24,156 Manly v Parramatta Brookvale 1-May-83

24,031 Manly v Parramatta Brookvale 4-Jul-82

22,746 Manly v Parramatta Brookvale 25-Jul-97

20,507 Manly v Parramatta Brookvale 29-Apr-79

20,047 Manly v Parramatta Brookvale 10-Apr-77

20,030 Manly v Parramatta Brookvale 9-Jul-78

I came down from Moree for that 1986 game, jagged seats in the stand.

Packed to the Gunnels!!

I don't think we can fit 18,000 in anymore.

As someone said, if we crack a full house, they'll list the crowd as 14,000 ish. Plus a lot will probably choose the beach over the footy

It is too expensive for a lot of people to go now, to be charged 35 bucks to get into the ground where you are not guaranteed a seat and you are sitting or standing in the conditions is not ideal. I am a Carlton blues member and If I watch a game at the MCG, I can get a seat for no more that 22 dollars, much better value for money and the food is a lot cheaper and facilities better, We really need to know what is going on in relation to Brookvale. I love the old girl but it is not sustainable to stay there long term without an upgrade!!

Manly's Largest Crowds at Brookvale Oval v’s Parra ... some good ones !

Crowd Played Against Date / Year

27,655 Manly v Parramatta Brookvale 31-Aug-86

24,156 Manly v Parramatta Brookvale 1-May-83

24,031 Manly v Parramatta Brookvale 4-Jul-82

22,746 Manly v Parramatta Brookvale 25-Jul-97

20,507 Manly v Parramatta Brookvale 29-Apr-79

20,047 Manly v Parramatta Brookvale 10-Apr-77

20,030 Manly v Parramatta Brookvale 9-Jul-78
Nearly 28,000 in there???? Christ people must have been hanging out of trees and sitting on shoulders...

The official capacity of Brookvale Oval is 23,000.

We haven't had an attendance at Brookie over 20,000 since Round 7 of 2013.

We haven't had a home attendance of over 19,000 since that day and only once (Rd.25, 2014 vs Penrith) have we cracked 18,000 since then. And actually only once since that 2013 game have we gotten over 15,000 at Brookvale when we beat Souffs in Rd.22, 2015 in front of 15,083.

Here is hoping for a better than 15,000 crowd (at least) on Sunday. We have our current best possible 17 and we're playing the sworn enemy.

Prices are pretty sh#t for the facilities. Just making it easier for the NRL to kick us out

Its cheaper to get GA tickets to see an AFL game at the Adelaide Oval. Now I know a lot here will say something like "its only the AFL". But, consider that the AO is a much better facility than Brookvale as far as major venues go.

It is too expensive for a lot of people to go now, to be charged 35 bucks to get into the ground where you are not guaranteed a seat and you are sitting or standing in the conditions is not ideal. I am a Carlton blues member and If I watch a game at the MCG, I can get a seat for no more that 22 dollars, much better value for money and the food is a lot cheaper and facilities better, We really need to know what is going on in relation to Brookvale. I love the old girl but it is not sustainable to stay there long term without an upgrade!!

The walk up price for an Adult (GA) is $32 at the Gate at Bookie Oval. The $35 was including the ridiculous $7.10 booking fee that Tickmaster adds on when buying on-line where you really need to buy 4 tickets (together) to make any sense in buying in advance !

Usual deal.
Too hot, too cold, too late, too rainy, too dark, too expensive, too hard to park, too hard to get a beer, crowd too loud, crowd not providing any atmosphere, easier to watch at home, easier to watch at the pub. Have I missed any?

If people can't be bothered that's fine. I just wish they'd admit they can't be bothered rather than make excuses. I haven't been to a SFC game for 2 or 3 years (they're doing better without me) but the reason is that I can't be bothered. I'm all footyed out by the end of the league season and need a break. Not going to blame the SFS for its location or game times or transport. I choose to spend my budget at Brooky because Manly's crowd figures are more important too me than SFC's or whether I get the optimal viewing experience.

Ground capacity is irrelevant when the house full sign never goes up. If we could fit 40,000 the crowds would be the same. At least WSW were packing out wormland every week. We need to do the same.

The walk up price for an Adult (GA) is $32 at the Gate at Bookie Oval. The $35 was including the ridiculous $7.10 booking fee that Tickmaster adds on when buying on-line where you really need to buy 4 tickets (together) to make any sense in buying in advance !
$32 dollars is too high!! The Tigers fans get ripped off at Leichhardt too.

Too hot, too cold, too late, too rainy, too dark, too expensive, too hard to park, too hard to get a beer, crowd too loud, crowd not providing any atmosphere, easier to watch at home, easier to watch at the pub. Have I missed any?

You missed... Duff is getting too angry at Parra fans on the hill @:D

Sydney's Sunday Forecast now upgraded to a high of 38oC
Hot and sunny !!

You wonder if the Under 20's - would they even consider cancelling it !! ??

And there is one of the problems, we're encouraged to buy online to "avoid the queues" at the ground.
So a base ticket is $28 then the exorbitant booking fee give us another excuse not to go.
So why isn't a ticket at the gate only $28? Why is it $32 at the gate? Where's the other $3?
I reckon if it was only the base $28 they'd get a lot more walk ups.
I think there was a game last year ( Rabbits?) where there was no u20s or reggies but the cost was still the same as if there was three games on.
Who determines the cost?
The club, the NRL?
Educate & engage that going to the footy can be a day out and we may get somewhere.
Oh yeah, and give the overzealous food police ( security) a serve too, one bad experience for a punter and they'll stay at home next time and watch it ion Fox.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8