• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Why on earth would not playing for a Qld based club affect someone's chances of captaining both Qld and Australia? After all, doesn't the current captain of both play for a club in Melbourne? Or is it because Manly is a Sydney based club while the Queenslanders seem to see Melbourne as their second home?

Bit of emotional blackmail there from Lockyer?

And what is it with the Qld rugby league fraternity (including their media)? Every time something doesn't go their way they seem to think its some sort of conspiracy.

You know, the way I see it.....where there is smoke, there's fire. A DCE backflip might very well be on the cards if Queenslanders who have nothing to do with the Titans are coming out with public opinions like Lockyer's.

Either way, whether he stays at Manly or goes to the GC, DCE is still a Sea Eagle for the remainder of 2015. No round 13 deadline is going to change that.

Either way, whether he stays at Manly or goes to the GC, DCE is still a Sea Eagle for the remainder of 2015. No round 13 deadline is going to change that.

...well technically there is the option for mid season transfer/early release :confused:, not that Manly would release him.

Yeah the qld media have really annoyed me the last few days. If anything, wouldn't they prefer DCE play in a winning squad were he can develop under Joey, 2V, Bozo rather than playing for the Titans.

People keep going on about DCE will be just as successful at the Titans, because he will make it into a successful team, but how many premierships has Thurston won o_O

The problem is that the Titans are such a basket case as a club (as evidenced by the NRL virtually taking them over and bankrolling them), that DCE is seen as the saviour of the club. He's a Queenslander and is basically going to be the next long-term test and Qld Origin halfback and possibly the captain of both teams. He is one of the, if not the most marketable player in the NRL. By having him at the Titans its expected he will not only attract other top players, but will attract more sponsors to the club as well.

If he stays at Manly then the Titans basically have no one currently who can be the face of the club. Who have they got....Myles? They didn't want him so he's signed with Manly for 3 years from 2016. Greg Bird? He's a New South Welshman for starters so that is black mark #1. Then he has had enough off field scandals that his public image is tarnished so that's black mark #2. After that the cupboard is rather bare for star quality.

To make a short story long, DCE is seen as the person/player who can help raise the Titans from being also-rans to being a major player. And both the NRL and those in Queensland are desperate for the club to prosper in the area because they are scared stiff about the impact the AFL's Suns are having.

I feel dce definitely wants to stay at Manly, but I'm starting to fear he's going to be bullied into leaving.
I have to disagree with you there bud. No matter how much pressure DCE receives he knows what he wants and more so, he knows what his missus wants and what is best for his child (no. 1 priority - daylight 2nd). Regardless of the amount of bullying coming his way from morons like Lockyer, Weidler etc, he wont go through with moving to another state just because he doesnt want to disappoint other people and he feels obliged to. He will do what he wants and is probably waiting till its a little closer to round 13 to let out the news that he is staying. Fk what other people think, let them think what they want

Danny Weidler sinking the slipper into DCE (again) I wonder if weidler's apparent hatred or dislike of DCE comes from him being mates with Choc? Anyway here is another piece of his rubbish. Check the family man dig he has at DCE what a grub Weidler is.

Any DCE backflip a slap in the face for NRL

The Daly Cherry-Evans backflip will have to be a contortion by the time he performs it, given the shoddy way it has been handled. We know he gave the denial statement – without taking questions – but what has been largely ignored is the giant slap it would be to the NRL if he does stay at the Eagles. The NRL are the owners of the Titans and they need the club to succeed — and without DCE there, the chances of that are far less.

And DCE is poised to be become an Australian captain in the not too distant future – at least that is the opinion of Cam Smith. How comfortable the NRL would be with that remains to be seen if he offers a polite thanks-but-no-thanks to the Titans. A rare sight in the change rooms after the Eagles' victory last week was Gavin Orr, one of Cherry-Evans' managers. Keen observers had not spotted an Orr (his brother Chris is his other agent) in the sheds all year. By signing Nate Myles and trying to keep DCE, the Eagles are putting themselves at the mercy of the Orrs, and if you ask the Titans, who carry plenty of Orr clients, it's a dangerous game to play. Straight after Myles signed with Manly there was contact between the Orrs and the Titans – not to seek assurance that the backflip wasn't on, rather to let them know that there would be intense speculation that Myles' move would start the DCE stories again. The Orrs are of the view that they are separate deals and one signing doesn't affect the other in the slightest. To say that the Orrs are being treated differently under the new management at the Titans is an understatement andit could be a rocky road for the Titans as more of the Orrs' clients come off contract – but they are prepared for the bumpiest of rides.

As for DCE, he made the decision because the Eagles low-balled him and then withdrew their original offer. He said it was for his family. He is a massive family man so it makes it hard for him to justify any kind of change of mind.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-long-look-in-the-mirror-20150516-gh38ma.html

if i had any inclination to want to talk to this idiot i'd have to ask him wether he is going to write a similar story about the other players who are in the same position or have already reneged on a deal, but i guess those players won't sell the papers like de stories can

Weidler is just a pitiful excuse for a human being. There's nothing even slightly redeeming him, and if daly does backflip, I hope Weidler chokes on it.
Completely agree - who is he anyway ? What is his background in rugby league ? He is an annoying weasel.

Weidler's column is just laughable. Does anyone in their right mind really think that selectors give a **** about anything but on field form. Greg Bird is running around for NSW and Australia. They guy glassed his girlfriend a few years ago and tried to get his mate to take the blame for him. Its really effected his reputation and rep stocks hasn't it. And Bozo is a an Australian selector FFS!. The last line about DCE's family is hilarious. He lives on the northern beaches, his wife is from the northern beaches and all his mates are on the Northern Beaches. Funny how no one ever mentions DCE's indebtedness to manly for giving him his chance and developing him. Its all about the entitlement of the bankrupt Titans. The rules allow for changes of mind. If the NRL doesn't like it, then change the f.cking rules. Weidler is just embaressing himself.

Pretty obvious DCE is staying put, the only question is when will the Titans (NRL) be informed. And if he continues to cop unwarranted crap about it, then we have a lovely boost to our us-against-them mindset. It simply wouldn't do to let that fade away.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Weidler's column is just laughable. Does anyone in their right mind really think that selectors give a **** about anything but on field form. Greg Bird is running around for NSW and Australia. They guy glassed his girlfriend a few years ago and tried to get his mate to take the blame for him. Its really effected his reputation and rep stocks hasn't it. And Bozo is a an Australian selector FFS!. The last line about DCE's family is hilarious. He lives on the northern beaches, his wife is from the northern beaches and all his mates are on the Northern Beaches. Funny how no one ever mentions DCE's indebtedness to manly for giving him his chance and developing him. Its all about the entitlement of the bankrupt Titans. The rules allow for changes of mind. If the NRL doesn't like it, then change the f.cking rules. Weidler is just embaressing himself.
It's amazing how quick the cocaine possession charges HANGING OVER HIS HEAD are forgotten lol..

If I was Henry, I'd phone DCE and tell him that if he has changed his mind and his heart isn't in it then stay at the Eagles.
Who would want a player at their club whose heart is elsewhere!

If he's just said "yeah I'm staying" when Erin Molan (think that's her name?) broke the story a few weeks ago, this media circus would have finished already..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8