• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

JenEagle

Bencher
I think we will need to upgrade our offer even further to get dce to stay. Not sure if we can or should afford that. Anyway fingers crossed.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
When Cherry goes to origin I think they're going to cryogenically freeze him in a titans jersey and get him out next year.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
He is gone I reckon
Sad to see him go -with a better run of injuries, a another key forward signing and a proper off season less any drama I think we will be an improved side in 2016 and if DCE stayed we would top 8 side for sure.

dowdz

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Titans signing Daly Cherry-Evans has bought a $1.5m house in Mermaid Beach
  • Brad Davidson & Alister Thomson
  • Gold Coast Bulletin
  • May 19, 2015 12:00AM
457168-818f0b16-fd2b-11e4-abd8-e4ec9e966762.jpg

Daly Cherry-Evans has bought a $1.5 million home at Mermaid Beach.

Here’s the news every Gold Coast sports fan wants to hear.

Daly Cherry-Evans (pictured) has bought a luxurious house in Mermaid Beach finally ending rumours he was set to back out of his $4 million deal with the Gold Coast Titans.

Speculation has been rife for weeks that Cherry-Evans could renege on his four-year deal with the Titans, which begins next year, and stay with his current club Manly instead.
458036-824237f4-fd2b-11e4-abd8-e4ec9e966762.jpg

The inside of Daly Cherry-Evans’ new Mermaid Beach home.

Cherry-Evans informed Titans chairwoman Rebecca Frizelle last month he would be on the Coast for 2016 but rumours of a backflip on the deal reignited after current Titans captain Nate Myles revealed he had signed a three-year deal with Manly from next year.

Myles and Cherry-Evans are close friends and it is understood Myles played a part in helping convince Cherry-Evans to make the move to the Coast.

457220-7f3c8b4a-fd2b-11e4-abd8-e4ec9e966762.jpg

The $1.5 million Mermaid Beach home.
NRL rules stipulate contracts cannot be registered until the end of Round 13 or June 8 – giving Manly another 20 days to convince Cherry-Evans to stay put.
But the news Cherry-Evans has bought a four-bedroom home in one of the Gold Coast’s most prestigious suburbs means the halfback’s signing is as safe as houses.
Harcourts Coastal sales agent Chez Fraser declined to comment on the buyer of the Mermaid Beach property but the Bulletin can reveal it was Cherry-Evans.

458090-80c1cbba-fd2b-11e4-abd8-e4ec9e966762.jpg

Inside the house bought by Daly Cherry-Evans.
The property, which is expected to be home to Cherry-Evans, his partner Vessa Rockliff and daughters Harvie and Navi, is believed to have sold for $1.5 million.
His move to the Titans next year will mark a return to Queensland for Cherry-Evans, who was born in Redcliffe and spent his teenage years in Mackay.
His parents are believed to still live in Brisbane.

457274-187beec4-fd48-11e4-abd8-e4ec9e966762.jpg

Manly’s Daly Cherry-Evans has committed to the Titans for next season. Picture: Getty Images
Cherry-Evans is considered one of the game’s best halfbacks and won the Dally M Rookie Of The Year in 2011 in his debut season in the NRL. The 26-year-old was named the Dally M Halfback Of The Year last year and is seen as a potential future captain of the Titans, who are looking for a new skipper following the pending departure of Myles.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...in-mermaid-beach/story-fnj9yd9w-1227359458198

458170-7e47af44-fd2b-11e4-abd8-e4ec9e966762.jpg

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
If true and it seems so, what a breach of privacy. I'd be mighty pissed of if I was Cherry.
sounds like it's time for us to start accepting he's going. What a shame for Manly. We've let go a great halfback who didn't want to leave.

lurker

Beaver lover
I'm dubious to say the least. If you were spending 1.5mil on a house you'd surely go and see it and if he had been up there surely someone would have seen him at the airport or something. You'd also think you'd probably wait till the offseason to buy considering you wouldn't be moving for at least 6 months

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
I'm dubious to say the least. If you were spending 1.5mil on a house you'd surely go and see it and if he had been up there surely someone would have seen him at the airport or something. You'd also think you'd probably wait till the offseason to buy considering you wouldn't be moving for at least 6 months

.... unless it was conveniently bought off a TPA sponsor for an undisclosed amount that was significantly less than Market value.

Other than that reason, I don't understand why he would have bought a house already.

If he has bought a house... houses can be sold, and Mr penn can sort out compensation for the loss he may incur.... *clutches at straw* :confused:

JenEagle

Bencher
Yeah looks like he is definitely going. Sounds like in the last few weeks we gave it our best shot though. No idea who is left to replace him. I'd be going hard after Maloney if I was Joe KellyKelly

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
It is a monumental stuff up of the highest order if we lose him.

It's hard to recall a worse retention/recruitment decision - Parra signing Choc is the only one I can think of that comes close.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Unlike Cherry, I have flipped After last night's game we are still equal last. And we have this expensive miracle worker. New start all round I say. (Ducking for cover).

weev

Bencher
When did daly get the Saturday mornings off to look at property? :)

If he bought it this last week I'd say he's gone. If it was a few weeks back not so certain.

The kids just living a dream.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
This is just muck raking of the highest order. I'm done with the DCE will he/won't he...

Mavin

Bencher
Obviously this hasn't happened over night, so why has Manly, be it Fulton, Toovey etc, still been saying we're doing trying everything we can do to have him stay.

If he's purchased a house then he won't be staying and you would think he would of told the club that through his management.

With due respect 2 Bozo and Tooves before Foz and DCE signed they both had meetings and were very confident they both would stay.

Bozo has another meeting and the club (from all reports) are confident again.

Time for Joe 2 come up with the world class replacements we were told he was getting for the 2 half's leaving.

World class isn't Cornish and Carney 8000 last night 10000 against the knights people are not going 2 pay 2 see reserve graders masquerading as first graders.

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member
Will he ,won't he .I honestly don't think he deserves the coin that is being thrown at him.
For every two games he wins us ,there is a one game where his kicking options are sub par & plain average.

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Carney and Cornish would do better than people give them credit for. Carney has a lot to offer still IMO and we need an attacking half like him. I watched Cornish on weekend out of interest and that guy can play. He was throwing some nice balls to the outside backs and has a good left foot kicking game - and would not cost too much - leaving more room for another marquee forward signing.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
We have been through enough of this.

We have to lump it. He'd gone and we need to move on now.

I resent that the first ten rounds of the season have been consumed by endless and damaging speculation about DCE and Will he or won't he stay. Enough is enough!

The club must get on the front foot and sign new halves and give us something to look forward to.

tookey

First Grader
We have been through enough of this.

We have to lump it. He'd gone and we need to move on now.

I resent that the first ten rounds of the season have been consumed by endless and damaging speculation about DCE and Will he or won't he stay. Enough is enough!

The club must get on the front foot and sign new halves and give us something to look forward to.
The Penns selling the company to Kaspersky would give me something to look forward to,

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16