• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Ben

Bencher
Im so convinced DCE is staying and here are my reasons.

- He wants to play with his best mate Nate.
- Nate has now signed with manly.
- Nates girl and DCEs girl are great friends also.
- Manly has tabled a new offer that trumps GC
- In all his statements he has not once said he was going to be joining the Titians next year instead saying there has been no changes to his 'current' contract situation.
- Manly would be on a $2.4m spending spree. They only seem to be spending up on the coin made available by Foran.
- If we have signed players I'm sure they would of been announced just like Myles to convince other high profile players to sign.
- DCE never wanted to leave Manly in the 1st place.

Call it wishful thinking but i severely doubt he is going north. But we still need a 5/8 and Lyon won't play there.
So in saying that Carney would be my target but not sure if we can fit him in the cap. So Taylor, Kelly then Cornish in that order.

The Who

Journey Man
I have read that our offer trumps GC deal that is counted within the cap space. GC are relying on 3rd party deals that are not guaranteed
But they have the chance to engage the services of the Parramatta accountant who is a whizz with figures. The NRL won't worry; they own the Gold Coke Titans.

• 👍
Reactions: Ben

Shells Eagles

Reserve Grader
I am sure everyone feels the same however I can never remember being so anxious waiting to hear if DCE has signed. I have been a supporter for 40 years and there has never been anything like this - when we finally are told what is happening it is either going to be one of the greatest days or one of the most disappointing.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Well the deadline is this weekend supposably - just need a couple of more news reports for this thread to hit 3000 posts

Mango

Reserve Grader
Do you think DCE will exercise his cooling off clause for his newly signed house agreement? And use That as an example!
Maybe that will stump the negative backlash?

I really don't see what the whole hype is about?
He didn't write the NRL standard contract.
He is well within his right to reneg.
And blame the hungry Orrs!!

tookey

First Grader
Im so convinced DCE is staying and here are my reasons.

- He wants to play with his best mate Nate.
- Nate has now signed with manly.
- Nates girl and DCEs girl are great friends also.
- Manly has tabled a new offer that trumps GC
- In all his statements he has not once said he was going to be joining the Titians next year instead saying there has been no changes to his 'current' contract situation.
- Manly would be on a $2.4m spending spree. They only seem to be spending up on the coin made available by Foran.
- If we have signed players I'm sure they would of been announced just like Myles to convince other high profile players to sign.
- DCE never wanted to leave Manly in the 1st place.

Call it wishful thinking but i severely doubt he is going north. But we still need a 5/8 and Lyon won't play there.
So in saying that Carney would be my target but not sure if we can fit him in the cap. So Taylor, Kelly then Cornish in that order.
Isn't Lussick reported to also be coming back to Manly and he is very close to Cherry Evans as well.

Maybe we can sign Barba as our 5/8 next year as well under the DCE recruitment strategy.

Mavin

Bencher
Well the deadline is this weekend supposably - just need a couple of more news reports for this thread to hit 3000 posts

He isn't back flipping the club has (supposedly) set a deadline for the end of the week Thursday has gone so we can put this baby 2 bed.

A real problem exists in our club they can't seem 2 read people earlier in the year they had a meeting with Foz (bozo) and all the noises coming out of the club was he was going 2 stay lol.

The same thing with this Bozo has a meeting and our offer is upped and all the noises coming out of the club is we are very confident yet duck egg.

bones

Bones Knows
I don't see how the new house is even an issue in all of this. He owns one in Sydney and one on the GC. He will live in one and can do what he likes with the other. Rent it out. Sell it. Selling the one on the GC would be no different to him, than what selling the one in Sydney would be. Whether he stays or goes, he still has one extra house he needs to sort out.

Last edited:
  • 🤝
Reactions: Ben

sheridanstand78

First Grader
I am expecting him to go. I think this whole circus has been a massive lesson for the club about how to botch a negotiation. Lessons need to be heeded. DCE will take the coin and finish up as a great player up there. Such a shame that we got it so wrong earlier this year. Life goes on and what is crucial is the club quickly announces replacements for Foran and DCE

manlywarringah

Bencher
Premium Member
I'm as hopeful as everyone that he will stay but I'm wondering why wait to announce it until the deadline arrives? Is he still that undecided?

Going by what a lot of the reports were, he seemed to be ready to announce the backflip. Throw in the comment from Myles of having a very strong roster next year & it all seemed to be falling into place.

I know I will be shattered if he does go but I can't help think of what a bad career move it would be if he did leave for the Titans. He'd be crazy to leave if our offer is near theirs.

Brooke

Bencher
Just saw Beau Ryan on the Footy Show asking Chez at the Queensland signing "So have you told everyone yet you are staying at Manly?". Chez laughed.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16