• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Im confused......😂

Anyhoo, I wonder if QLD win Origin this year if DCE might hang up the rep boots?

Go out on top as a winning captain.

Would be 23 origin appearences at that point, entering his twilight years. Dearden coming through.

Just a thought.

He'd be a real bonus for us during that period if he did.

You bring up two brands of beers and then talk about philosophics? I'm going to turn that around on you and ask why is it so?...

I would think that was obvious. DCE's best years were firstly when he had Foran alongside him in 2011-15. During that time he won the Rookie of the Year 2011, Clive Churchill medal (in a losing side) in 2013, Half Back of the year 2014. Foran leaves and DCE is not mentioned in dispatches until 2017, when he was elected Player of the Year alongside Blake Green. Nothing again until 2021 when he had Foran and Schuster outside him. And surprise surprise he's now having a great year and who's outside him? DCE relies heavily on having a strong play maker outside him. Takes the pressure off. Of course there is more to it than that, including having committed forwards, but that's a crucial factor. Also plays best in SOO with Munster outside him. Pretty simple really.

My opinion. He's up there with Toovey as the best half Manly has had in the past 60 years. Different styles but both great half backs. And I loved watching what Phil Blake, Stanton, Steve Martin, Gibbs, Junee, Mayes, Dennis Ward, Hodkinson, Orford etc did but those two stand apart.

I would think that was obvious. DCE's best years were firstly when he had Foran alongside him in 2011-15. During that time he won the Rookie of the Year 2011, Clive Churchill medal (in a losing side) in 2013, Half Back of the year 2014. Foran leaves and DCE is not mentioned in dispatches until 2017, when he was elected Player of the Year alongside Blake Green. Nothing again until 2021 when he had Foran and Schuster outside him. And surprise surprise he's now having a great year and who's outside him? DCE relies heavily on having a strong play maker outside him. Takes the pressure off. Of course there is more to it than that, including having committed forwards, but that's a crucial factor. Also plays best in SOO with Munster outside him. Pretty simple really.

My opinion. He's up there with Toovey as the best half Manly has had in the past 60 years. Different styles but both great half backs. And I loved watching what Phil Blake, Stanton, Steve Martin, Gibbs, Junee, Mayes, Dennis Ward, Hodkinson, Orford etc did but those two stand apart.
I thought he had a really good year with Blake Green as well. He really has kept the team off the scrap heap and is having a ripper season this year.

I thought he had a really good year with Blake Green as well. He really has kept the team off the scrap heap and is having a ripper season this year.
Agree on the Blake Green comment, they worked well together. Although, us heading to the scrap heap then, thats a bit over the top,

I am a DCE ‘fan boi’ but was a bit surprised by his statement “I know for me, how I play at club level doesn’t cut it at origin level”…

So is he just going through the motions most days or is it just impossible to maintain his highest level in a 26 week comp (where, let’s face it, he has been surrounded by nufties for years)…

(or is it just purely an attempt at intimidation of Moses)

Agree on the Blake Green comment, they worked well together. Although, us heading to the scrap heap then, thats a bit over the top,
Not then, that season, over the years. If he'd done an ACL in one of those ten seasons the 'overpaid' patrol would have been rampant here and elsewhere in the media.

Surprising how long it has been [ or seems to have ] since Daly has kicked a winning field goal or the quite infrequent times the past few seasons that the situation has enabled it . Seemed to happening fairly regularly some seasons ago but opportunity was still no doubt there against Souths and the knights in 2023 Not to say that he would have lost any level of ability to still manage those clutch plays but again for one reason or another not a lot of opportunities or occurrences in recent seasons . Last one i can recall was a successful one pointer against the Bunnies at Brookie a couple of seasons ago , no , maybe managed one against the Dogs i st game last season . Going through a very welcome purple patch this season and long may it continue but not let 's kid ourselves that this has been a regular norm over many seasons now . Not purple patches per say and a couple of good seasons intermixed for sure but very regular important and consistent club performances overall for most prior seasons , still would not subscribe to that .

No wonder DCE has such a long neck!
Shocked He-Man GIF by Masters Of The Universe

DCE before Watmough faced him in State of Origin.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8