• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Said for so long. DCE needed someone alongside him to take the pressure off him as the sole play maker. Turbo is an essential ingredient of course. Croker tries his heart out, though I still think he'd make one hell of a lock. Its having a five eighth who creates the space that was the important final ingredient. The importance of having that spine with top talent was always essential. This backline was just waiting for a couple of halves to set them alight. If they can keep this side together for the rest of the year they could be contenders.

Said for so long. DCE needed someone alongside him to take the pressure off him as the sole play maker. Turbo is an essential ingredient of course. Croker tries his heart out, though I still think he'd make one hell of a lock. Its having a five eighth who creates the space that was the important final ingredient. The importance of having that spine with top talent was always essential. This backline was just waiting for a couple of halves to set them alight. If they can keep this side together for the rest of the year they could be contenders.

That's virtually stating the two years of Foran brought back into 5/8th really didn't work for DCE or Manly.

I agree.

Does anyone know what the club's plans are for DCE's 300th game?

He's currently on 294 so assuming he plays the next two games for Origin then backs up and plays after both then his 300th looks like it will be v the Dragons @ Wollongong in Rd 22 which is a bit of a bummer for us fans.
Rd 23 v the Chooks @ the SCG
The next home game would be Rd 24 v the Panthers ( game 302).

Probs a bit difficult for the club to make any concrete plans but would be good to hear what they may be planning and when?

I can't see us doing a Canberra and resting him for the home fans.
That's a very good question. Celebrating DCE's 300th at WIN would be a huge bummer. (I've only been there once and it was the worst away game I've been to, for various reasons). I swore I'd never go there again.

Can't see Manly doing a Canberra and sitting him out for not one but two away games. Imo it has to be celebrated at Brookie and if it's game 302 then so be it.

That's a very good question. Celebrating DCE's 300th at WIN would be a huge bummer. (I've only been there once and it was the worst away game I've been to, for various reasons). I swore I'd never go there again.

Can't see Manly doing a Canberra and sitting him out for not one but two away games. Imo it has to be celebrated at Brookie and if it's game 302 then so be it.
That's a shame, we haven't won at the gong since nobby fell off the bus. ...an awful long time.

When DCE plays behind a dominant pack and trusts the defenders around him he is at his best. I have noticed he is playing fewer trick shots and not kicking the ball away early in the tackle count as often. He is also much more effective with Schuster on the field giving the defence two ball players to try to shut down. Possession is key and whilst our forwards have the footy without making errors the momentum and go forward is good. I give Siebold some credit for DCE's form this year. At 34 years of age I'd like to see him transitioning to number 9 next year as he is durable and actually plays very well and kicks well from dummy half. We need a succession plan in the halves and I'd be bringing Latu Fainu thru to partner Schuster during the 2024 season. Its about the team not the player.

We need a succession plan in the halves and I'd be bringing Latu Fainu thru to partner Schuster during the 2024 season. Its about the team not the player.
Succession means what comes after. It means you have someone ready to take over the mantle, it doesn't mean you move someone aside early to give the replacement some practice.
Anyway Daly has 2 more years on contract but he might not play that long, especially if he starts getting injuries.
Latu will get chances to deputise for DCE, but DCE won't be moved to dummy half just to give the kid some NRL experience. Probably more likely that Latu will get some games filling in when Schuster is injured.

Here is one for you..... and this is open to both the negative Nancy's and the optimists:

How much longer will DCE play for manly?
There is every argument right now that he is in the top 3 halfbacks in the game. he is maroons captain, rarely injured, and incredibly consistent.

If he was 25, we'd be offering him a 10 year deal!

So realistically - given the current state of play - how much longer does he play?

I make no apologies for being a HUGE DCE fan. So naturally I am optimistic about the chances.... and I believe that 34 means nothing these days. I can easily see him playing 2 more seasons..... potentially even 3. That would make him one of the most capped players of all time, and certainly would see him clinch the Manly record.

300 is an amazing achievement for a player many on here think is over paid and over rated....

For mine, he is a premiership away from being in the manly 'top 3' (which in my head is Bozo, Beaver and ... currently it would be Eadie - but he would be relegated/usurped)

Here is one for you..... and this is open to both the negative Nancy's and the optimists:

How much longer will DCE play for manly?
There is every argument right now that he is in the top 3 halfbacks in the game. he is maroons captain, rarely injured, and incredibly consistent.

If he was 25, we'd be offering him a 10 year deal!

So realistically - given the current state of play - how much longer does he play?

I make no apologies for being a HUGE DCE fan. So naturally I am optimistic about the chances.... and I believe that 34 means nothing these days. I can easily see him playing 2 more seasons..... potentially even 3. That would make him one of the most capped players of all time, and certainly would see him clinch the Manly record.

300 is an amazing achievement for a player many on here think is over paid and over rated....

For mine, he is a premiership away from being in the manly 'top 3' (which in my head is Bozo, Beaver and ... currently it would be Eadie - but he would be relegated/usurped)

DCE is signed to the end of 2025. He will be 36 by then and that will be about the right time to retire and become an assistant coach for Manly. If he wants to.

Since he won the Churchill in 2013, I have only his 2014 and 2017 seasons as close to the form he is currently showing.
Have you just found this site recently? Your observations seem astute but could follow the pattern of less outrageous posters with a higher 'cred courting' (look at me trying to be like hipsters) algorithm sterling [I think he's a UFC fighter]. I get the Leonard Nimoy reference because it's from a Jeff Buckley song that some old guy covered for a Shreck movie like Rolf Harris covered 'Stairway to heavens by lynard snkinnard after Forest Gump made the Vietnam War popular and king John I'm popular. Thanks boomers!'

So what DCE is very cool and if I'd been world-worthy (copyright Toppest of Top-End Life Coaching) enough...whoops pizza scrolls almost burnt, breakfast of champions,... I would have painteded without an I DCE comes up no DICE and been his agent for like ten years and our kids would have birthday parties together....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8