• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Will DCE win another premiership? I cant see it.
Not at Manly unless he is overhauled and tuned to TC specifications.

One of the main issues is he doesn't play like a half and even if he did play more central, taking the line on and pushing forwards along as short penetrating straight square options if he gets tackled with the ball there really is no other sharp light footed, ball-playing, or kicking options for the next play.

In the short term he has to start pushing himself to play more like a central half, playing square and short to powerful forwards and feeding off them in a variety of ways around the half way mark. Hodkinson to control the left and Walker needs to add variety and options to the right in a more running ball-playing back rower capacity---probably will struggle with the extra workload though but nothing to lose trying out some variations in this manner for the rest of the season.

Actually i would have Walker on the left due to being much easier for most to ball play right to left than left to right especially since it is a new role.

Clearly defined attacking zones for all three options, DCE can still play off the cuff from second phase and take the line on through middle, taking advantage of our power forwards(Hodkinson is not sharp enough to take advantage of our forward strengths)

Tom has to step up and read numbers better to take the organizing counting numbers pressures off DCE also---becomes another ball playing option when he matures.

Walker can mix up ball-playing, running and getting one on one space off the back of a second man play----fine line though you don't want to lose his explosive straight running lines.

Last edited:
So, the club has not paid certain players for six months because it has no money yet the Penns knock back an attractive offer to buy the club.
I'm not sure whether to call 'Fake News' on the first part of this or the second part of the story, or both.
I'll go 'both'.

If they haven't been paid they should walk.

If they do it may not be a bad thing., rebuild again.

That said, I don't want it to happen even thought I don't like either of them.

If they haven't been paid they should walk.

If they do it may not be a bad thing., rebuild again.

That said, I don't want it to happen even thought I don't like either of them.

A rebuild is all well and good, but who is going to oversee yet another rebuild? The same incompetent management who have overseen the last few? If all you guys think Barrett is the problem, think again. How come the idiots in management are getting a free pass? Who IS in charge anyway? Management seem to be sitting on their hands and hanging Barrett out to dry. I read an opinion piece not long ago about how useless Gorman was/is. This club is a bloody mess in every department ( playing, coaching and management) and we still have a long way to fall before we hit rock-bottom.

Last edited:
Personally, I think its a BS story.

5th Tackle is hardly a reputable source of accurate information.

Just take a look at the last part saying that Dylan Walker is set to sign with Toronto. If he really did want out of Manly, he could literally walk into just about any NRL or SL team for the same or more money that he's on now. Why would be want to play for a Canadian based team who play in the 2nd tier British championship? Its not like he's a 30+ has-been looking for one last pay day, he's 23 and one of the best centres in rugby league.

Lets hope that this is true as it would certainly soilve our salary cap probelms for the next 8 years We overpaid for rubbish

Maybe a deliberate tactic by manly to get rid of him

He should still be playing to the best of his ability not walking around on the field looking like a big sook He has always been money hungry and about himself not the team

Good riddencel

The most hilarious part of that fairytale article is when they mention that the current Dally M centre of the year who is still young and would have rep desires wants to head over to Toronto
My mate in Toronto attends Wolfpack games and is getting excited about RL. They are doing well on the field, recently thrashing the London Broncos, and are attracting crowds of 7,500.
Apparently Darcy is not setting the world on fire.

Personally, I think its a BS story.

5th Tackle is hardly a reputable source of accurate information.

Just take a look at the last part saying that Dylan Walker is set to sign with Toronto. If he really did want out of Manly, he could literally walk into just about any NRL or SL team for the same or more money that he's on now. Why would be want to play for a Canadian based team who play in the 2nd tier British championship? Its not like he's a 30+ has-been looking for one last pay day, he's 23 and one of the best centres in rugby league.
His other articles seem to be pretty close to the mark

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8