• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
... the NRL is not interested in anything but maintaining market share in that part of the world ....
And not breaching their broadcasting contract to have so many games available each week. A Titans fold could end in the courts, cost millions.

They are just using Daly to prop up a business deal.

Sooner Titans fold the better. The fan will get over it.

Hope he enjoys kicking his field goals into empty seats. Nrl should be worried looking at robina last night. Oh ..... Solution...... More marquee players north, more money. Talking about flogging a dead horse.

Fark the bullies DCE - the botoxed one is gone.
As for the media - dribblers.
The Queensland crew of past and present players and administrators are a pack of two-faced manipulators. They'll back you but only under their conditions.
Stay Manly. We love you.

Even the great Wally Lewis was a massive loser at the Gold Coast. He spent 3 seasons there and walked away with 3 spoons.

Following the souring of his relationship with the Broncos, Lewis was unwilling to move to Sydney for family reasons and in1991, he joined the Gold Coast Seagulls and was appointed as captain by coach Malcolm Clift. He won his eighth and last man-of-the-match award in the first game of the State of Origin series that year, before playing both his last match for Queensland and Australia by the end of the season. He captained and coached Gold Coast during the 1992 NSWRL seasonbut again finished the season in last place. In their final match under Lewis as captain-coach, the Gold Coast defeated Penrith, thus denying the Panthers a place in the finals play-offs. The following year he stopped playing but continued coaching the Seagulls, but departed after a third consecutive wooden spoon. In his time coaching Seagulls, the club had won just 7 games out of 44 played, losing the last 16 in a row.[21]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wally_Lewis#Gold_Coast_Seagulls_and_Coaching

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
I was a bit down early last week that he was actually going but i am more confident he'll stay. It's just the backlash he'll receive for his decision that is dragging this out.

I think they are waiting until this week when he goes into camp for the morons, whoops...i mean maroons.

Whether Meninga likes his decision or not, he'll protect him from the frenzied media because he doesn't want his team to be distracted during origin.

It's the only thing that makes sense as to why it's not announced yet.

Stay Cherry, stay.

Can only imagine that the qlders will be in his ear if he hasn't announced anything by the time he goes into camp with them convincing him to "do the right thing".

If he's just said "yeah I'm staying" when Erin Molan (think that's her name?) broke the story a few weeks ago, this media circus would have finished already..

I think they were probably heavy in negotiations at that point. When the story broke I imagine that Daly was still committed to the Titans. It has been a month since that story was released by Molan.

Remember Bozo only returned in his role at the club about the same time this story broke.

Can only imagine that the qlders will be in his ear if he hasn't announced anything by the time he goes into camp with them convincing him to "do the right thing".

That would make the the QLD posterboy the ultimate Hypocrite. Looking you Inglis.

Meanwhile, The Sunday Telegraph can also confirm Manly coach Geoff Toovey has personally telephoned exiled NRL star Todd Carney in France to discuss a possible return to the northern peninsula.

Carney has personally sent an email to NRL CEO Dave Smith outlining his contrition, but the governing body responded with a noncommittal reply about the ex-NSW pivot having a contract registered.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/bu...e-young-forwards/story-fndv31ch-1227357383875

Meanwhile, The Sunday Telegraph can also confirm Manly coach Geoff Toovey has personally telephoned exiled NRL star Todd Carney in France to discuss a possible return to the northern peninsula.

Carney has personally sent an email to NRL CEO Dave Smith outlining his contrition, but the governing body responded with a noncommittal reply about the ex-NSW pivot having a contract registered.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/bu...e-young-forwards/story-fndv31ch-1227357383875
Sunday Telegraph can confirm. That's as credible as a snake hanging around a birds nest of eggs saying I'm just making sure they're ok.

Rest assured if DCE does stay at Manly, the NRL will block Carney coming to Manly. The CEO is noncommittal as he is waiting to see what happens with Cherry. There is no way the NRL will let Carney back, if Manly keep DCE..

If dce stays the manly club - CEO, Penns etc must go on the offensive in the media and not allow Daly to be criticised.

If DCE stays, Titans will probably go after Carney. They will be desperate for a half.

The only thing that would stop it is they really want a poster boy for marketing the club.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8