• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
View attachment 1819

Just reposting this photo in case you're watching Daly. August last year, Manly a top 4 team and this is the crowd that showed up, 3/4 Manly supporters. Is this what you want Daly........... Is it?!!
I reckon Skilled Park would be the most user unfriendly stadium I've been to. Mate of mine queued up for 35 mins for a drink and a cold pie, they herd you in like sheep after you've made the epic car/bus ride and you have to put up with bogans sitting next to you. Seriously crap and won't be going back. Give me Brookie any day.

I think it is clear that as an attendance game, Monday nights just do not work, they never will. Not in Australia or any country for that matter, there is a reason that many food places don't open on a Monday, that is because it is known globally as a day that people just generally do not go out or dine out. For the NRL to think that Monday would be good for crowds is ridiculous. Monday nights are setup purely for television, even in that they kind of fail.

Thursday night games would be much much better for both attendance and television viewing. At least in Australia Thursdays are often regarded as a night out as it traditionally followed pay.

They would have a much better time of it if they moved the Monday game to Thursday and ensured that teams that played on Sunday are never rostered to back up on Thursday.

I am a fan of moving the Monday Game to Thursday. It makes so much more sense, there is a few reasons why its a better day on the social calendar.

FYI under the scheduling rules a club must have a minimum 5 day break, so a Sunday to Thursday turnaround shouldn't be rostered by the NRL.

I am a fan of moving the Monday Game to Thursday. It makes so much more sense, there is a few reasons why its a better day on the social calendar.

FYI under the scheduling rules a club must have a minimum 5 day break, so a Sunday to Thursday turnaround shouldn't be rostered by the NRL.
Greenberg would still find a way to screw certain clubs and ensure that others get a dream run, like (for example) how the Donkeys get a weekly Friday night game (I guess this week is the exception).

Yeah I think it makes sense in so many ways. But the NRL clearly is not about gate takings and all about TV.
Sydney social lifestyle is really built around the geographic configuration of the city. Given the distances, and difficulties that are involved in travelling around Sydney, night time and weekdays just will never really work as well as they would in Melbourne or Brisbane. I do not know the solution but one thing would clearly be to try to align with days that Sydney siders actually do go out and then move to afternoon games.

Thursday night would also work well with television games too. I have no idea where the idea of Monday came about it was very poorly thought out

Actually I beg to differ. In general, the Titans fan (s?) who've joined have been pretty cool, much like that @Guzzler fella who's a Dogs fan.. The Eels trolls, on the other hand, take f*ckwittery to the next level..
I commend your use of the word f*ckwittery. I'm a fan. Totally in context too.
From Dictionary.com
-ery 1. a suffix of nouns denoting occupation, business, calling or condition, place or establishment, goods or products, things collectively, qualities, actions, etc.: archery; bakery; cutlery; fishery; trickery; witchery; f*ckwittery.

I commend your use of the word f*ckwittery. I'm a fan. Totally in context too.
From Dictionary.com
-ery 1. a suffix of nouns denoting occupation, business, calling or condition, place or establishment, goods or products, things collectively, qualities, actions, etc.: archery; bakery; cutlery; fishery; trickery; witchery; f*ckwittery.
As has been mentioned, Silvertails are possessed of higher levels of vocabulary acrobatics ;)

Thursday night would also work well with television games too. I have no idea where the idea of Monday came about it was very poorly thought out
They just copied the Yanks who had MNF thinking it would work here and have never had the balls to admit it was a **** idea all along

thought it might be time to join in this epic thread.

i'll start with a confession...i too am a fan from the team north of the border, but im not here to talk rubbish or troll. enjoyed most of the thread, and if I often lurk opposition forums to see how they travelling, you guys are close to the best one I've read. ive never actually regged for another forum, so that says something about your forum. Some are pretty trashy - eels, bulldogs etc.

ill give you my view on Manly - i really didnt like them as a young bloke, through the 90's..maybe it was the continued success that pissed me off, or a combo of that plus some whingey players. and that continued through the 2000's with Des' seige mentality and stuff...but by around 2013 i actually really began respecting what he'd built and the way your team played. the back line skills and ability to score out wide was incredible and i was firmly rooting for you guys through that semi final series and GF. Now Toovey, who's arms raising antics i had grown to detest is my favourite part of 360, and cant believe the pressure on him considering your injuries and the squad your working with. Wish him all the best and hope he gets to keep the gig.

how i view the titans? - a club that started with great community goodwill and crowds was let down by really poor coaching, poor recruitment and even poorer management from the CEO. Most of us were glad the NRL stepped in so that we could reboot, retool and come again in a better structure. We cop alot of crap for poor crowds, but comparative to foundation clubs and super successful clubs...we should be one of the last clubs under pressure for crowd performance.
Our squad? we have a proper recruitment guy on board for maybe 8 months...and he has done great things already. brought in some astute buys in Pettybourne, Burr, Mosely, and will continue to drag us into this century with our recruiting.
As for Myles... he isn't worth worth 450k - 500k. He might be to you guys as you need some older heads maybe, plus he does increase DCE chances, but watch closely and next year you will find a slow, lethargic player who absolutely makes a lot of tackles, but is more concerned with being funny to the refs. slowest play the ball in the NRL. dont say i didnt warn you. plus...if you do lose DCE, Myles has readily admitted that he was close to the final straw that got DCE there...cant believe more of you aren't pissed at him.

I was excited by the signing of chez as it gave even more validation that we are here to stay, but i still put myself in your shoes and could understand the disappointment at losing a kid you brought through and is a modern champion. it seems you are suffering from poor management at times also.

i think this has gone on so long and been so badly managed that no matter who DCE ends up with, he will have lost a little bit of his shine. He could have stated his commitment to his word of moving to GC or been clearer that he was thinking about staying with Manly. The team that gains his services though will most likely be crying at the GF every other year...champagne problems eh?

the other team has at least some reason to be bitter. you guys cos he has strung you along like he was maybe staying and could have put you out of your misery a while ago (i know stating he agreed to join us was telling..but he has had ample opportunity to address it), and us as we let Sezer go based on DCE which leaves us pretty screwed.

Lastly, while it was bold to go after your star half, i think Annesley has been pretty classy and respectful, announced it at start then has kept quiet and let it all run its course for better or worse. unlike the media in general and a few like gordie and locky who have put weird pressure on... the Titans in general have stayed out of it, even though they have the most to lose from a backflip.

long post..sorry lads. any questions?

I'm not completely certain Daly will come to the Titans next year but if he wasn't, why would he call the Titans today to tell them that he is still committed? Also, why wouldn't his mum just be quiet and say nothing rather than hose down speculation and risk looking like an idiot?

i'll start with a confession...i too am a fan from the team north of the border, but im not here to talk rubbish or troll. enjoyed most of the thread, and if I often lurk opposition forums to see how they travelling, you guys are close to the best one I've read. ive never actually regged for another forum, so that says something about your forum. Some are pretty trashy - eels, bulldogs etc.

ill give you my view on Manly - i really didnt like them as a young bloke, through the 90's..maybe it was the continued success that pissed me off, or a combo of that plus some whingey players. and that continued through the 2000's with Des' seige mentality and stuff...but by around 2013 i actually really began respecting what he'd built and the way your team played. the back line skills and ability to score out wide was incredible and i was firmly rooting for you guys through that semi final series and GF. Now Toovey, who's arms raising antics i had grown to detest is my favourite part of 360, and cant believe the pressure on him considering your injuries and the squad your working with. Wish him all the best and hope he gets to keep the gig.

how i view the titans? - a club that started with great community goodwill and crowds was let down by really poor coaching, poor recruitment and even poorer management from the CEO. Most of us were glad the NRL stepped in so that we could reboot, retool and come again in a better structure. We cop alot of crap for poor crowds, but comparative to foundation clubs and super successful clubs...we should be one of the last clubs under pressure for crowd performance.
Our squad? we have a proper recruitment guy on board for maybe 8 months...and he has done great things already. brought in some astute buys in Pettybourne, Burr, Mosely, and will continue to drag us into this century with our recruiting.
As for Myles... he isn't worth worth 450k - 500k. He might be to you guys as you need some older heads maybe, plus he does increase DCE chances, but watch closely and next year you will find a slow, lethargic player who absolutely makes a lot of tackles, but is more concerned with being funny to the refs. slowest play the ball in the NRL. dont say i didnt warn you. plus...if you do lose DCE, Myles has readily admitted that he was close to the final straw that got DCE there...cant believe more of you aren't pissed at him.

I was excited by the signing of chez as it gave even more validation that we are here to stay, but i still put myself in your shoes and could understand the disappointment at losing a kid you brought through and is a modern champion. it seems you are suffering from poor management at times also.

i think this has gone on so long and been so badly managed that no matter who DCE ends up with, he will have lost a little bit of his shine. He could have stated his commitment to his word of moving to GC or been clearer that he was thinking about staying with Manly. The team that gains his services though will most likely be crying at the GF every other year...champagne problems eh?

the other team has at least some reason to be bitter. you guys cos he has strung you along like he was maybe staying and could have put you out of your misery a while ago (i know stating he agreed to join us was telling..but he has had ample opportunity to address it), and us as we let Sezer go based on DCE which leaves us pretty screwed.

Lastly, while it was bold to go after your star half, i think Annesley has been pretty classy and respectful, announced it at start then has kept quiet and let it all run its course for better or worse. unlike the media in general and a few like gordie and locky who have put weird pressure on... the Titans in general have stayed out of it, even though they have the most to lose from a backflip.

Well, I'll start, welcome, good luck

Yes I have a question. When your club finally folds would you care to join the Sensational Sea eagles ?

They just copied the Yanks who had MNF thinking it would work here and have never had the balls to admit it was a **** idea all along

Yes exactly this!

The NRL for years has been in a pattern of "Lets copy what sport x has done, and that will therefore mean success. Which is a complete and utter ridiculous way to do things, as it pays absolutely no regard to the core demographic. Diehard fans of NFL, AFL, football all have different reasons for liking those sports, trying to be like those sports does not make you those sports.

The idea of big stadium works really well in a place like Melbourne where you have a specific sports district and transport too and from is easier.
It works well in other cities also, like Adelaide which is about the size of Warringah or smaller. Perth perhaps less so, but realistically when you have one or two teams in a town it means playing at a big stadium makes sense.

When you have lots of teams in the one city, it makes sense for them to have better quality suburban grounds.

With all of the ex-players and rugby league diehards at the NRL, you would think they would really have the knowledge to understand their demographic, and rather than hide or run from that, you would think they would embrace it.

How many stories are there of teams in regional areas that are so tribal that after games they head to their respective pubs in those small towns, and often end up visiting each other for a post-match punch up?

Another day later and those same people will be back at work together or at each others houses for BBQ's

League is tribal and always will be. You remove that from the game and you no longer have the essence that makes it great

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8