• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good to hear he stayed purely for the money. 10 million over 6 years, with each year option in his favor until he retires. Glad we kept him. But wished he spoke about us a bit more in the presser. Mentioned his name alot. Diddnt once state that he stayed because he loves the club. He said his decision only changed when they come through with an offer he couldnt refuse. The titans initial offer was not much greater than ours.
I'm guessing that figure includes tpa's, can't see us paying him 1.66 million a year. No idea, though. And I'm guessing nobody really knows what it's worth.

A life time contract?

Lucky we didn't offer one of those to Watmough a few years back. I wonder if we will regret a long term contract when DCE starts to play like Watmough?

Yeah this thought did pop into my head when I heard lifetime contract.

I can just think of Terry campo and his 5 year deal with Raiders.

DCE is a class above though and I would like to think that he will give the club 100% every year :)

Gratz to all the believers!!!

Humble pie being served for Ryan and old Mavin in 10 minutes.

Just kidding, I'm sure whether you were a believer or not - we are all happy (for once).

I myself will now stop the 5 time daily check in of this thread.

Thanks DCE - now lets go win a ****ing premiership!

Chez went on about how much Manly meant to him, how he never wanted to leave etc

Directly prior to stating that the offer was too good to refuse, and he was happy going to the tits. After stating his love for our club, he went on to answer a question explaining that this offer was too good to refuse, and that he essentially only accepted it for that reason. 1.6million dollars a season for the next 6 years at a minimum is crazy. I am really glad that when the gold coast offered 1.1 and we matched it, he turned it down, i am really glad that his love for our club diddnt matter to him when it was matched.

He was never leaving us, he just wanted to get the contract boosted, which doesnt really bother me, he is staying that is great for our club going forward. But dont beat around the bush.

i'm just loving this news for the big F U to the NRL (namely Greenburg). Just glad it worked in our favour. Now that it's over i might be more productive at work lol.

Great news and hopefully it gets our season kickstarted.

GO MANLY!!!!!

Well I said I'd be surprised if he stayed and I am. However I'm also relieved, as we need him. The QLD league journo's are going into meltdown.

Anyway.... Good for the club's future.

I wonder how Foz will be feeling now after DCEs monumental re-signing. After all the turmoil that has gone on with the Eels in recent weeks, Foz is most likely regretting his decision to leave.

But what does this make of the Orr's as managers?

If I had a son who had the capability to play NRL, I'd tell him to sign with them. I've called them all sorts of names as a fan of Manly in the way they did it, but they've achieved what Daly really wanted at the end of it all and he's also helped out a mate (Nate Myles) with his contract through them.

Now... does Bird come as well?

This whole thing reeks of Arko and the way he did business when at the head of the Sea Eagles and his recent quote about how he would handle it by going after another team who was chasing his players... ruthless! Penn has just learned an invaluable lesson which will hopefully stand us in great stead for the next 5 or so years.

If you want a laugh head straight to the courier mail (I would leave the titans forum alone - we know their pain and , the ones who have not come on here trolling, would be hurting as much as we were in the past)

LOL at the Titans. Just been over on their thread having a good old time. Kind of takes me out of the reality that we are last but who cares today, today is all about the Titans LOL. Just going to the shop to get me a can of coke and some Twisties then back to the Titans forum for a laugh.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8