• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Couple of weeks ago triple m brisbane said tce had all the attributes of a dog but without the loyalty I made a complaint to triple m. but because I was only one who complained they said it was ok for them to say that. personally I think daly cherry evans is going to be a legend for the sea eagles

Last edited:
Unease of DCE

It's been a rough year in all areas apart from the bank balance for Daly Cherry-Evans. As we have noted in recent weeks, DCE is not a favourite of Johnathan Thurston and his subsequent axing is not a great shock. DCE is clearly spooked by the media – he did a back-door exit from a Manly golf day when he thought the media were trying to jump him because he was about to be dropped from the Queensland side. The actual person of interest on that day was Kieran Foran. He then rang the club to complain that there were television cameras at his house – a quick ring around the networks revealed that no television station was at his house or was interested in an interview on that day regarding his dumping.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...-outer-over-tackle-drama-20150704-gi5908.html

• 9 Jul 2015
  • Manly Daily
  • Geoff Toovey
Daly ready for wrath of the Titans

EXPECT STAR HALFBACK TO RESPOND IN STYLE
DALY Cherry-Evans knows he is in for a torrid time when we arrive on the Gold Coast this Sunday.

No doubt a few Titans fans will be waiting for him at the airport, and they won’t hold back when it comes to venting their frustration about his well publicised backflip, ensuring he remained on our books.

Whether people like it or not, rugby league is a business these days.

Daly made a decision which he felt best suited his football over the next few years.

Yes, it worked in our favour, but it could have turned out very differently.

When he told the playing group in early March he was going to the Titans from 2016 onwards, obviously we were disappointed.

But “Chez” still had until round 13 to finalise his decision, and as everyone knows, he opted to stay after the club offered him a “lifetime” deal.

He is professional enough to deal with the barbs and I would not be surprised if he was one of our better players on Monday night.

SPLIT OVER ORIGIN

I MUST admit I had mixed feelings watching the Origin decider last night at Suncorp Stadium.

As head coach, you always want to see your players stamping their class on big games, so to have none of our guys in sky blue or maroon was a little unusual.

Injuries are part and parcel of the game, rugby league is a contact sport and Origin is the toughest arena of them all.

So knowing we have no players having to back up carrying knocks on Monday could be telling.

FANTASTIC FANS

SPEAKING to the guys in the sheds last Sunday, it was pretty obvious the crowd made a massive difference in the win over Cronulla.

To see the hill packed pre kick-off was fantastic, especially given it hasn’t been our best season to date results wise.

Plenty has been written about the magic of Brookie on a Sunday afternoon — the playing group absolutely love it and opposition teams hate it.

Given we have quite a few more games at the Fortress to round out the season, it would be fantastic to see big home crowds leading into round 26.

It creates an intimidating atmosphere, and more often than not, the result goes our way 80 minutes later.

Long may it continue.

A positive article about DCE...
http://www.ipswichadvertiser.com.au/news/harassing-of-dce-has-to-come-to-a-halt-now/2703257/

UNDER normal circumstances, tonight's clash between the Titans and Sea Eagles - sitting 13th and 14th on the ladder, respectively - would rate about five from 10 on the scale of general fan interest.

And with the school holidays over and Monday night traditionally a poor crowd puller, it's doubtful the meagre home crowd average of just on 12,000 for the Titans this season is likely to improve either.

But one young man - Daly Cherry-Evans - is unwittingly shining a spotlight on what looms as a ho-hum game.

A victim of a ludicrous NRL rule, and the target of an unfair media beat-up, Cherry-Evans will add a sideshow to a clash that will almost certainly end the finals hope of one of the combatants.

That DCE is still being publicly harassed for back-flipping on his decision to join the Titans from next season is a disgrace.

For the life of me I fail to comprehend why he is being held to ridicule when so many before him exploited the same absurd rule.

Have his detractors conveniently forgotten that in the past couple of seasons Kevin Proctor, Josh Papalii, Luke Lewis, Tim Moltzen and James Tedesco are among those who have used the same loophole to change their mind?

And even the great Greg Inglis, when virtually forced to leave Melbourne in 2010 following the salary cap disaster at the Storm, had agreed to join the Broncos before having a change of heart and signing with the Rabbitohs.

But again, everyone seems to have forgotten that.

What all these players did in the past, and what Cherry-Evans finally decided a month ago, was obviously something they considered was in their best interests.

And even though the contract negotiations were protracted and very much in the public eye, the slurring of the Sea Eagles halfback, and his club, is unjustified and unfair. My difficulty in coming to terms with the ongoing censure of Cherry-Evans is that the young bloke is a genuine cleanskin.

Apart from having this permissible change of heart about switching clubs, I cannot recall one incident where he has brought negative publicity to the game he plays.

Even at the weekend a Sydney radio station continued to propagate the personal issues which have no doubt existed at Brookvale in recent seasons, seemingly based primarily around player contracts.

Anthony Watmough opened old wounds when he conceded he and DCE weren't close, had shared different groups of friends and when asked said no, he would not have a beer with his former teammate.

But just as the boos on the Gold Coast won't affect the way Cherry-Evans plays tonight, not having a beer with Watmough is unlikely to cost him any sleep either.

That group of truly sad journalistic hacks just cannot let it go can they. I bet they'd make really naggy wives: you know, the type that remember that argument you had 20 years ago word for f*cking word..

His style tells me that he used to work at the Illawarra Mercury and the NT News...
(neither rag would let a good story get in the way of a sensational headline!)

Last edited:
I find it really funny that Titans fans were giving it to DCE after the backflip and saying he should be scared to play on the coast and the Titans fans would give it to him.

Good to see that all 6 of them turned up to boo him on the day.

It was such a non event that we all knew it would be. We absolutely smashed the Titans as expected and Daly had a blinder. As if he or anyone for that matter really cares if Titans fans boo him. They barely have any fans for starters and their team is absolute rubbish. They only exist because of Gold Coast Suns anyway. They should be relocated to Ipswich or Central Qld imo.

I find it really funny that Titans fans were giving it to DCE after the backflip and saying he should be scared to play on the coast and the Titans fans would give it to him.

Good to see that all 6 of them turned up to boo him on the day.
Titans? They are letting their 2nd captain go in only a few years. What a great culture they gave there.

It was such a non event that we all knew it would be. We absolutely smashed the Titans as expected and Daly had a blinder. As if he or anyone for that matter really cares if Titans fans boo him. They barely have any fans for starters and their team is absolute rubbish. They only exist because of Gold Coast Suns anyway. They should be relocated to Ipswich or Central Qld imo.
Poor titans fans and Queenslanders generally only have Murdoch papers to read and so get a single dose of tabloid parochialism to 'inform' them.

Nice work from the GC Bulletin...

CJxBBS8UkAEFPSB.jpg:large
How can he be a Titans traitor? When did he play for the Titans?.....ummm......oh, that's right, Travis Meyn is a f**king moron.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8