The Eagle's finals preview

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
susan said:
I must admit I am surprised about all those on the site willing to write the dogs off.The best game of the season was our home game against them which could have gone iether way but they showed me thay are a very good side that night.If we beat them it will be just and will come at a great toll physically.

Barba also seems to be talked about as a "flash in the pan" type but one or two flashes and we are toast.Underestimate him at your peril.I think well win by a try or so but anyone who thinks it will be easy hasnt been watching footy this year.

I don't believe they have the cattle, so they got the minor premiership? So did saints in 2009 and they bounced out in straight sets,

I believe a finals game is a different beast to a normal round game, the stakes are higher and emotions flow freely, Inu and Perrett have been greats buys but that's 2 players, they won't win a premiership with Keating at half

susan said:
I must admit I am surprised about all those on the site willing to write the dogs off.The best game of the season was our home game against them which could have gone iether way but they showed me thay are a very good side that night.If we beat them it will be just and will come at a great toll physically.

Barba also seems to be talked about as a "flash in the pan" type but one or two flashes and we are toast.Underestimate him at your peril.I think well win by a try or so but anyone who thinks it will be easy hasnt been watching footy this year.

Susan , you are one of the wisest posters on here

If anyone thinks this is going to be a walk in the park then think again. This is going to be one of the toughest games of the year, both sides desperate for bragging rights, both desperate for the week off, both desperate to win.

Why we are favs I have no idea, experience maybe, otherwise you'd have to pick the Dogs, after all they have the games golden boy, the Dally M winner, Barrack o Barbara....oops sorry Ben Barbara.

What will the difference be.........not much,this could even be a Golden Point game.

Like many I can't wait.

Bring it on!

To be fair saints did win the comp the next year Shane

It is going to be a huge tough game which could go either way - the question will be the toll it will take on both teams

barrack o barba said:
At least you are paying us some respect Mark

Respect I'd earnt not given, your team had a great season so far but you don't win a premiership with Kris Keating at halfback with Josh Reynolds at five eighth in his rookie year, you can buy all the coaches in the world and still I don't see it

I cannot see it happening, you may site DCE paired with Foran last year, but neither of your blokes are in the same league as our halves, Barba might have had an excellent year but he isn't Brett Stewart and Ennis will lose you more games through stupid penalties than he'll win you, he is 4th behind Smith, Farah (due to Tim Sheens coaching australia) and Ballin as the Australian hooker, IMO Ballin is early second but when your coach is the national coach you can be as **** as you like and he will still pick you

The front row advantage the dogs have is torn apart by our back row advantage

Spine - Manly by far
Backs - Manly by far
Front row - Dogs easily
Back row - Manly by the length of the track, not just the straight

I have spent all week trying to imagine every scenario and the only thing I can say will defeat us is a torrid amount of injuries or tragedy that crueled our 2009 finals campaign

lsz said:
To be fair saints did win the comp the next year Shane

It is going to be a huge tough game which could go either way - the question will be the toll it will take on both teams

2 rep halves like them or hate them, rep fullback, wingers and a tough as nails forward pack, that merge team star studded the dogs have who? Inu, Perrett, Ennis and Ben Barba if you count that Mickey mouse preseason ****, oh and Josh Morris who is both a gun player and from what I can tell a top bloke, oh and James "needs vasoline to win" Graham, do not have the cattle to get the cookies

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6