The Front Row

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stevo

First Grader
Obviously we are massively skinny in this area. To move Brown out of the utility position to the backrow rotation and to use two smaller bodies in the front row rotation shows we lack depth there. There can't be any real prospects at Blacktown. Nate Myles better stand up over the next couple of weeks or he may as well pack his bags now.

What good middle forwards are off contract this year and who should we be targeting?

I wish we would've targeted sauaso sue. Out of the off contract props I'd go for Kane Evans, Aaron Woods, Albert Vete, Charlie Gubb, Agnatius Paasi, Christian Welch or Jordan McLean

And don't worry I don't mean all of them just a set few or even just one.

Bromwich ....but a few days too late!!

Woods was definately on the radar, but a heap of Manlys cap next year will be a new back....100% agree a front rower, should be a priority.
Maybe on last legs is the ONLY reason not to snap up Matt Scott....adds that win in the ruck to give Manly momentum missing in recent years.

All clubs would look a little skinny in the front row missing their top 3 props and one more.

In saying that I felt we were one depth prop short this year, lost Starling and Vave but only picked up Perrett. Meehan was supposed to be that guy but things changed there far too late for us to do much about it.

Will need to get 1 more for next year, with Lussick, Marty and AFB there they don't have to be a superstar (would be nice of course)

I have a feeling we are unlikely to renew BJ's contract next year.
If we can convince Nate and Lewis of the delights of sunny Northern England we could afford two quality props next year and still have a little change in our pocket.

I think the tactics will be different this week. I expect Manly to move the ball around a bit more and tire out the Souffs pack. Our halves MUST run this game and we MUST control the ball. We need to be quick and direct out of dummy half with the ball. We need to find some metres too, so our back 3 must make a dent when returning the ball back. It is not all doom and gloom. Losing these players is a big barrier but not impossible, the tigers used speed and skill and the vermin could not live with them, we need to do that.

I think the tactics will be different this week. I expect Manly to move the ball around a bit more and tire out the Souffs pack. Our halves MUST run this game and we MUST control the ball. We need to be quick and direct out of dummy half with the ball. We need to find some metres too, so our back 3 must make a dent when returning the ball back. It is not all doom and gloom. Losing these players is a big barrier but not impossible, the tigers used speed and skill and the vermin could not live with them, we need to do that.

I feel better already!

I note that Lane isnt a small bloke but he's no front rower either.
I hear he's a bit like Dane Carlaw from the Broncs back in the day... He was described as 'Looks like Tarzan-plays like Jane'... Hopefully Shaun isn't our Dane. Rip in son!

Obviously we are massively skinny in this area. To move Brown out of the utility position to the backrow rotation and to use two smaller bodies in the front row rotation shows we lack depth there. There can't be any real prospects at Blacktown. Nate Myles better stand up over the next couple of weeks or he may as well pack his bags now.

What good middle forwards are off contract this year and who should we be targeting?
Mate I think that unless we have a really positive year we might actually struggle to snare the gooduns. Right now I don't think player managers are spruiking us as an ideal destination. Lots hinge on our 2017 fortunes I think!

All clubs would look a little skinny in the front row missing their top 3 props and one more.

In saying that I felt we were one depth prop short this year, lost Starling and Vave but only picked up Perrett. Meehan was supposed to be that guy but things changed there far too late for us to do much about it.

Will need to get 1 more for next year, with Lussick, Marty and AFB there they don't have to be a superstar (would be nice of course)
Agree mate......our props rotation, dependent on injury/suspension, should be Lussick, AFB, Myles, BJ, Perrett, Taupau, Jake T plus add Faiinga & Amone if necessary. We have some pretty good ones there! Like you say take 3 out of any team & they'd be skinny!! We lost Starling, Vave, Burgess, Knight.....comparing gains v losses, I think we're better than we have been in quite a while! Maybe one reasonable prop to be added?

I think it is extremely unfair to say that our front row / forward depth is light on. Remove the starting 4 props from any team in this comp and they will be in trouble. don't forget we are operating at least $1mil under the cap due to Snake and Skivvy's contracts and I think the club has done a pretty good job of putting together forward depth.

We have a lot of props but only 3 good ones.

We have zero top line props.

This is how i rate our props.

1. Jake Trebojevic
1. Marty Tapau
2. Darcy Lussick

Lightyears

3. Brenton Lawrence
4. Addin Fonua Blake
5. Nate Myles
6. Lloyd Perrett

If we could add a Kane Evans, a Dylan Napa or an Aaron Woods to the top of that list then i would be happy.

I really cant see how we need any more backs? Kelly looks like he might go alright. Then we have Schuster, Wright, Wright, Wright, Parker. We should be able to afford a top prop and a top back rower next year.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8