The future of NRL clubs in Sydney

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If we had a decent stadium then more people would go. Brooky is great on a sunny Sunday afternoon but only the very staunch go when it's raining. Nothing more miserable than the hill when its pissing down. When I was younger I'd go but now the TV is more attractive in sheite weather.

Last year I flew down from Brisbane with a mate and rented an apartment in Manly. He was a Bulldogs fan and Manly were playing them at Homebush Stadium on a Friday night. We hired a car because there was no other way of getting to the game. We left Manly at 6pm thinking we had plenty of time to get there. Wrong...... We sat in our seats at 8.10pm. My mate looked at me and we both said..... Never again.

Should have spoken to the locals. There is another way. You never go that way by car.
Bus to the City, then train to Homebush. Or ferry to the city if you were in Manly.

But that's the whole point of them wanting to move us to SFS or unthinkably Homebush. It can't be done.
SFS is an hour by bus then half hour walk.
Homebush is an hour by bus, half hour by train then change trains to go up the spur line into the Olympic Park.

On weekends it's not so bad as the bus to the city is only half an hour and driving is also an option. But not Friday or Monday nights.

If we had a decent stadium then more people would go. Brooky is great on a sunny Sunday afternoon but only the very staunch go when it's raining. Nothing more miserable than the hill when its pissing down. When I was younger I'd go but now the TV is more attractive in sheite weather.

Nothing more miserable than the hill when it's raining? You're not much fun. It's a right larf.
What's miserable is sitting in a plastic puddle in the rain like at the stadiums. All the under cover seats are closed off for our betters who never show up.

Cows this year at Brookie compared to the hand of Foz semi.

Think I'm missing your point.

Comparing 7,643 at Brookie this year (with our season basically dead in the water) to 13-14K in finals at Allianz in 2011 & 2012 is basically comparing apples with oranges.

If we were playing better we would have had more turn up to Brookie this year.

If we played the finals against the Cowboys at Brookie we would have got a few more thousand.

Nothing more miserable than the hill when it's raining? You're not much fun. It's a right larf.
What's miserable is sitting in a plastic puddle in the rain like at the stadiums. All the under cover seats are closed off for our betters who never show up.
Thing is mate - when you hit 50 it aint much fun anymore being piss wet through. Cold pie & warm beer. The gammy knee plays up.. As I said I did it when I was younger but I'd rather sit on a plastic seat under cover & have a nice warm pie & be dry...

They
Think I'm missing your point.

Comparing 7,643 at Brookie this year (with our season basically dead in the water) to 13-14K in finals at Allianz in 2011 & 2012 is basically comparing apples with oranges.

If we were playing better we would have had more turn up to Brookie this year.

If we played the finals against the Cowboys at Brookie we would have got a few more thousand.

Thought they were both in the 11's.

Either way, there would have been 20k at Brookie for the final.

Thing is mate - when you hit 50 it aint much fun anymore being piss wet through. Cold pie & warm beer. The gammy knee plays up.. As I said I did it when I was younger but I'd rather sit on a plastic seat under cover & have a nice warm pie & be dry...

Not sure what stadiums you go to but I've never had a plastic seat that stays dry when it rains. They're just as exposed as the hill but sitting in the rain is just more miserable than standing in it.
Gosford, Parra, SFS, Homebush. I've been soaked and miserable in all those places, wishing for the hill at Brookie.

You can see it coming a mile away, there will three options for Manly.

1) Accept the move to the SFS
2) Negotiate a possible move to Gosford for most of the games, with some at the SFS.
3) Hand back the licence so the NRL can use the spot for another Brisbane team or maybe Perth.

Brookvale Oval has taken a Torpedo to deck 7 and is listing 8 degrees.

It's only time before the second Torpedo is fired and we are sinking fast with few options for rescue.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong but the writing is on the wall.

Not sure what stadiums you go to but I've never had a plastic seat that stays dry when it rains. They're just as exposed as the hill but sitting in the rain is just more miserable than standing in it.
Gosford, Parra, SFS, Homebush. I've been soaked and miserable in all those places, wishing for the hill at Brookie.
I haven't been to Melbourne or Cowboys home ground yet.. Been everywhere else.

SFS is going to be rebuilt so it will be first rate.
They're also building a tram line from Circular Quay to the front door of SFS.
Id prefer us to stay at a 'modern' Brookvale, but the SFS experience and how to get there will be different in the future.
The other option is take Abbotts money, get some private investment and fans donate to build a new Brookie.

You can see it coming a mile away, there will three options for Manly.

1) Accept the move to the SFS
2) Negotiate a possible move to Gosford for most of the games, with some at the SFS.
3) Hand back the licence so the NRL can use the spot for another Brisbane team or maybe Perth.

Brookvale Oval has taken a Torpedo to deck 7 and is listing 8 degrees.

It's only time before the second Torpedo is fired and we are sinking fast with few options for rescue.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong but the writing is on the wall.

The writing has been on the wall since the "Save Brookvale" pavers went on sale years ago.

We are as good as done at Brookie from 2020 at the latest, unfortunately.

Leichardt is magic.

Stepping over the piss trough at the entry to the dunnies on a wet day is a real highlight.

Leichardt makes Brookie look like a modern suburban ground.

Leichardt is magic.

Stepping over the piss trough at the entry to the dunnies on a wet day is a real highlight.

It's no worse than the piss coverage on the floor at the SFS. The age of the ground doesn't change people's hygenic capabilities.

Try going to a suburban football ground in Adelaide for the local Aussie rules competition. Other than Alberton Oval which is the Port Power's AFL training base, the only upgrades to facilities at most grounds in the past 40 years is some now have lights for night games.

It says a lot when we are comparing First Grade NRL standard grounds in Sydney with local grade AFL grounds in Adelaide.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8