The game is a different beast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cliffy said:
If you want to see how quick the game is gunna become. Watch the high lights of the nsw cup games from last weekend. Only getting the highlights adds to the perception no doubt but it so close to touch footy. So many try's from 2 or 3 dummy half runs in a row. I'm all for innovation. Ballin, Hodges and Buhrer all darting out of dummy. Big burgess boys wouldn't keep up this weekend.

RANT:
It's crap, the NRL has lost it's way. The high speed game results in more dummy half running, more referee errors, more penalties and more injuries and for what???????? What does this achieve that enhances the NRL.

If anything they should be slowing the game down to force teams to be creative to break the defence. Set moves, spreading the ball wide. I'll take that over quick play the balls and dummy half running any day. Great defensive games are entertaining, far more enntertaining that the **** we see today.

The game is a being destroyed by these constant unnecessary rule changes. It is driving me away from the game. I won't be watching any games, not even Manly games for a while, it's just too difficult to watch the NRL "experiment" with what was the greatest game of all.

End Rant :(

The main way the touch footy element will change over the next 2 months will be an increased fitness level.
This will allow players to get back quicker & set for the next tackle rather than backpeddling.
The set defence is the first part of winning the tackle as it allows the defence to come up with 3 in the tackle controlling that all important ruck.
The A defenders are set tight minimizing the impact of the dummy half runner actually pushing up...like that Manly sign.
The importance of a mobile yet physical defensive unit will stand tall by seasons end & Manly can lay claim to being in that category.
Still a firm believer that an extra attacking option will come in the form of Hodges, as good as the Foz,DCE combo works, the game is evolving to add that extra prong attack with a slick dummy half asking questions of that ruck area.
In fact this will only allow More room for the young halves to work with.

I only watch manly games now when I can. I do watch a fair bit of afl now as it appears more hardened and tougher. The clashes are great as the hits sting. NRL has turned soft and honestly am over all the refereeing rubbish I keep seeing. When pinkies change the game at will is disheartening, I tuned out with about twenty minutes to go out of frustration, and that was a manly game. They seriously don't know the damage they are doing to the game and in some respects I don't think they care. It's all about them looking good and keeping their job up high. Product in my view is being destroyed and this is a sad day indeed.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
If Manly had gone on to beat Storm 30-nil would you all be so sad about the state of the game?

Depends I'd the referees had a direct influence on the result of the game.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
If Manly had gone on to beat Storm 30-nil would you all be so sad about the state of the game?

Yes because it is happening regardless of the weekends result to Melbourne. We are just more vocal with the loss as well.

Ralphie said:
RANT:
It's crap, the NRL has lost it's way.

End Rant :(

Nailed it. The NRL is turning the game into unwatchable rubbish. First the fans will stop going to live games and then if the rubbish keeps happening they will give up even watching on tv. But the new NRL knows best.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I would still say the game has lost its way if Manly won by 60-nil.
It was every game, not just the Manly game.
I realize Dogs lost but they were walking 2 steps off the mark every play the ball.....theres not even a mark anymore because of the leniency there from the refs, in touch the dummy half scoots all day & if it keeps going the codes label will lose NRL in exchange for NTF....National Touch Footy!!

SeaEagleRock8 said:

Yes, this has been building inside of me strongly for some years, as far back as when we were "Chechined" on the Gold Coast. It hasn't stopped, in last years finals there were three games decided by the pinkies.

I decided to start the year afresh and see if there had been any improvement and what was dished up last weekend was anything but an improvement.

I will watch for the results with interest, but for the benefit of my health I'm done as a spectator.

Now I see why the game is getting as fast as Touch.

Related article:

NRL chiefs Dave Smith, Todd Greenberg join Touch Football team

March 12, 2014 - 6:33PM
Michael Chammas

NRL chief executive Dave Smith and head of football Todd Greenberg have reaffirmed the game's connection with Touch Football Australia by becoming board members of the organisation.

Smith joined former Eels skipper Nathan Hindmarsh in Coffs Harbour on Wednesday for the launch of the TFA National Touch League Championships, unveiling the new NRL Touch Football branding.

The NRL announced the partnership that represented the biggest boost to participation and game development in the code's history last August, increasing the game's participation levels beyond a million.

"Today was quite a significant day because we launched a combined NRL Touch Football branding," Smith said

Click here to read the full article.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6