[Resurrected] The 'General' Cust

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Snake

Snake's Alive!
I think the most pleasing thing about him is that he doesn't overplay his hand or second guess himself. He just plays.
There were a few occasions today where rookies would have pushed the pass wide, but he just straightened and ran, taking pressure off his outside backs. He seems to be strong when taking the line on and I noticed he was stirring a few of the Dragons players at one stage (I think Korbin Sims)...we all know a bit of cheek is good for a half.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Cust has played only 5 NRL games, yet you'd think he's played 55. Well maybe a slight exaggeration but really impressed with him. Doesn't seem daunted by the task at hand, he's full of confidence and complementing DCE really well.

When Croker returns, he's going to have to play superb to displace Cust at 6, but I wouldn't be changing a winning combination at present.

Go manly

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This is a big statement and I hope not built on the euphoria of our victory

But Cust is reminding me of a young Foz playing along DCE in how he takes it hard to the line and competes so hard against tacklers

This young man is hard, has instinct and footy brain who will put runners through holes or bust the line himself
The combination with DCE could be remembered as one of our great pairings

Cliffy's Jockstrap

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
Looking really good this young guy, really pleasing as a fan to see how well he is coming on. Defends well, runs nicely, nice short kicking game and didn't mind taking the hit for it. Seems to have a growing knack for getting to where the ball goes, got himself a try today. Looking good.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
Cust has fitted in like he has played for years. Today taking on the line, creating tries with clever short kicks and passing. Allows DCE to do his thing and he and Fainu already have a great combo forged from the 17 Holden cup winning team. He is only going to get better and our spine will be the envy of the league soon!

Sue

Bencher
Love his desire to take the line on and play eyes up footy and as Snake said not panic when plan A doesn’t work out.

One thing I would like to see is Cade and Fainu start to take some of the heat off DCE in the long kicking stakes. The Goons put DCE off his game a bit in that area and forced him to kick left footed two or three times because him kicking on the last is so predictable.

Fainu definitely can kick long and Cade looks like a footballer from head to toe so I’m sure he can get it done as he gains more experience.Thats one of the final pieces of the puzzle for mine. If at least one of those two can step up in the long kicking area we have a young spine for the ages. Exciting times.

Going to be very important if we play in September against good up tempo teams who pressure the kickers.

Last edited:

KNUCKLES

Bencher
Love his desire to take the line on and play eyes up footy and as Snake said not panic when plan A doesn’t work out.

One thing I would like to see is Cade and Fainu start to take some of the heat off DCE in the long kicking stakes. The Goons put DCE off his game a bit in that area and forced him to kick left footed two or three times because him kicking is so predictable. Fainu definitely can kick long and Cade looks like a footballer from head to toe so I’m sure he can get it done as he gains more experience.Thats one of the final pieces of the puzzle for mine. If at least one of those two cannstrp up we have a young spine for the ages. Exciting times.

Going to be very important if we play in September against good up tempo teams.
Cust needs some work on his long kicking game from what I have seen. But then again, foran didn't really have that in his arsenal either. But your right, chez is always under pressure on the last, he needs to get deeper

Sue

Bencher
Cust needs some work on his long kicking game from what I have seen. But then again, foran didn't really have that in his arsenal either. But your right, chez is always under pressure on the last, he needs to get deeper

Yep. This isn’t a criticism of Cade or Manase. They are kids a few games into to their careers and to be honest it may very well be that Des has instructed them to take a back seat in the long kicking area . We know it takes a while for Des to trust a player from his use of the bench.

Both are footballers in the true sense of the word so you’d have to be backing them to bring this skill on game day .As I said it’s the last small piece in the puzzle for mine to make us a dangerous force at the back end of the season.

Paw93

Reserve Grader
After his first few games, I said that he lacked a passing game, kicking game and wouldn't keep his spot once Croker comes back. In the last two weeks he's shown a beautiful pass for Thompson's try and a great grubber for Walker's try. I agree that he doesn't have a great long kicking game but he's proven me wrong so far and hopefully continues to do so.

Still think Croker comes back but what a good option to have!

ellakasmar

Reserve Grader
Like everyone has been saying, it’s crazy to think he’s only played 5 NRL games!

His confidence is a true credit to the team culture and his own hard work. He’s been playing great footy and truly has been getting better every week! With time he’s gonna be something very special! SIGN HIM UP!

HappilyManly

Journey Man
If he was a hooker he’s have to tape his ears down
5c67d6d38dfbfe1d8a6f424a538fcf69.jpg

Great role model even for 5/8ths

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Except for the ears, Cust is almost a clone of Ian Martin, an important element of Manly's first premiership

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
If we are having a Cust thread, shouldn't we at least name it after a famous local establishment - The Upper Cust..?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14