The Gloating Sterlo and the Foran Myth

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Bears lol memories what a joke they were truth be told the Central Coast want nothing 2 do with these losers either.

Come on fella's, where is your sense of fun:). If you like music, you could say that the Silvertail fans are into Jethro Tull's 'Living In The Past', while your players are belting out Joe Cockers 'Its High Time We Went'.

Come on fella's, where is your sense of fun:). If you like music, you could say that the Silvertail fans are into Jethro Tull's 'Living In The Past', while your players are belting out Joe Cockers 'Its High Time We Went'.
Not all fellas, Neanderthal Boy.

I stand corrected Budgewoi Eagle. You are most correct in pointing out my error in assuming this is a blokes only blog, please accept my apologies. May I add that Budgewoi is one of my favourite places on the Central Coast. Beautiful part of Australia

That my friend is the quote of the week!! I originally came on to this site just to talk footy and I had the kitchen sink thrown at me because I was honest and said who I was. Welcome back to terra firma!!. The reason you are in your current predicament is because you live in the past and didn't look after your best assets. Your club is now heading for oblivion, to end up being sold off to the highest bidder. I find this very sad as this used to be a benchmark club. Manly has turned into the Titanic, the water is over the bow and the funny thing is, it may well be a Queensland takeover who will do the re-float. How does that make you feel??????

Other clubs supporters may think some adversity means a sinking ship or relocation or wooden spoons.

At Manly, it has always been a means to renew and excel.

But I appreciate why someone that doesn't support Manly, fails to comprehend that. I like our chances of coming out of the other side of this successfully, better than any other club where failure hangs heavy over their shoulders, year after year.

Other clubs supporters may think some adversity means a sinking ship or relocation or wooden spoons.

At Manly, it has always been a means to renew and excel.

But I appreciate why someone that doesn't support Manly, fails to comprehend that. I like our chances of coming out of the other side of this successfully, better than any other club where failure hangs heavy over their shoulders, year after year.
Parra Fans
upload_2015-3-13_13-7-32.png

All the while Drop Bear provides the percussive elements, as he beats his own chest.

If I was a Parra-doesn't-matta or Tits fan, I'd actually be worried about how the huge deals given to Foz and DCE respectively are going to impact on their teams ability to attract other talented players with decent offers. Both will be on almost a quarter of their new clubs salary caps alone. No player is worth that much.

Yes I wish both were staying at Manly.....but on the other hand I am glad we haven't paid overs for them like the Speels and Tits. While I think both are very talented players....neither is worth what they have been signed for.

The eels have a history of paying overs for decent players and $1.2m for Foran is their biggest one to date. He's a terrific player but $1.2m is crazy money.

Best case for Manly would be, for him to simply announce he's off and we can move on. The $2m we'd then have to spend could be put to use.

There ya go Bozo. That response and attitude has brought you to this moment in time. Clock is ticking and you still throw insults and live on past glories. Water is now on the deck.
Dear Drop Dead bear . Your bears have been dead for quite some time now and you have the hide to come back from the dead and talk to us at this present about living in the past . Yes the clock is ticking and so are the hearts of the living Sea eagles whilst your bears have dropped dead and are for ever gone . Why don't you just Drop the bullsht bear and go back to your grave
imagesK2ZVY3XU.jpg

not banned yet? what ...are our mods the joe kelly of the forum world??????

IMO just about the only player in the NRL who would be worth a club spending $1m a season on is Thurston....and I still wouldn't pay that much if I was the one paying the bills.

Cliffy I would have paid that much to keep at Manly. Worth every cent :D. Tooves and Beaver as well, not that I would have needed to because they didn't leave even when they got bigger offers from other clubs (I know Beaver turned down a big offer from Parra-doesn't-matta early in his career and I dare say Cliffy and Tooves would have been approached by clubs during the late 80's and through the 90's).

G
I don't care what other teams fans are saying. Let them have their moment.

At the end of the day, we have had a phenomenal run - 4 gfs, 2 premierships, preliminary finals in 8 years. And playing finals football for 10 years straight.

Can any other team lay claim to such success? F*** no.

Will Parramatta go on such a streak? F*** no.

Will Gold Coast go on such a streak? Bahahahahaha f*** no!

We needed to come back to the playing field at some stage. The salary cap is designed for that purpose.

We now have a huge war chest if as they say Foran is going as well as DCE which is confirmed.

Come on people, we will rise again. Been a rough few months, but it really can't get worse.

**** Parra fans - they are the biggest no hopers of all time. They think Kieran Foran on 1.25 million a year is the best decision in the world. I say it's going to have huge implications with their salary cap and they are all too stupid to realise it yet.

Go Manly!!
go manly

Its funny isn't it how we cop all the crap for buying premierships, But at least we bloody win them for the players like Jamie Lyon when they come across. He would have been a laughing stock like Hindmarsh if he had of stayed. At least poor old Dymock, Pay, McCracken and Jason Smith had already tasted a GF win with the Dog's when Parra tried to buy a premiership back in the 90's. They just cant buy success the Eels even when they buy half of a successful club.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6